KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » If Spider-Man lost his powers?

Could Peter permanently stop being a hero if he permanently lost his powers?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 1 25.00%
No 3 75.00%
Not sure 0 0%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

If Spider-Man lost his powers?
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

If Spider-Man lost his powers?

Permanently!

Peter Parker loses all his spider powers for good. So how would his life go on? Lets assume his enemies don't go after him and try to take him out asap but rather how would Peter handle his life after powers? Would he really live that dream normal life he so desperately desires or would he be unable to just turn a blind eye to all the injustice in the world after being a great hero for so long?

Also for either answer how would you see it going down?

Personally I can't see Peter just completely shutting it off. Sure for awhile he could maybe even a couple years he could be just Joe scientist or think tank but eventually I feel he'd just have to be "Spiderman" again in one fashion or another. Not necessarily literally as Spiderman again but he'd still have to find a way to be a hero. Personally I see him somehow managing some sort of Iron Man effect or possibly replicating a synthetic xfactor or SSS. He's far to smart to just not be capable of a way to put his self back into the game if he so desired. And I'm sure as much as he may want a normal life, with all that power n responsibility talk uncle Ben put in his head he just couldn't walk away from being a hero after so long.

Tell me some what you think would happen to some other characters if they permanently lost their powers?

P.S. With Batman it's money! wink

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post May 20th, 2011 01:25 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

If he loses his powers he'll try to help people the only other way he can, as a scientist. Said that himself. Although I see him constantly trying to break up fights, stop thieves etc even without his powers.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 01:40 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Peter still tries to help people... And dies in a gun fight a week later.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 20th, 2011 02:20 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Peter is definitely smart enough to create an exo suit.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 02:41 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
If he loses his powers he'll try to help people the only other way he can, as a scientist. Said that himself. Although I see him constantly trying to break up fights, stop thieves etc even without his powers.

Old Post May 20th, 2011 04:55 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

He goes to the FF and read gives him an exoskeleton armor.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 20th, 2011 05:14 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

then they cancel his book, only to retcon it 2-6 months later..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 20th, 2011 09:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

He'd be a Daredevil who multi-classes in science instead of law. He'd eventually creep his way back to doing all the same stuff he did before he lost his powers. Then he'll get repowered for a, no pun intended, spectacular few issue feat-fest before he goes back to normal. He'd probably be smarter from having to rely on his brain for a few issues too.

Old Post May 21st, 2011 06:54 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Spiderman already lost part of his powers after the Mephisto deal.
He also lost his spider sense. So in 1-2 years he wont have any powers.
thats a good thing, its time for a new spiderman who doenst make deals with the devil.

Old Post May 24th, 2011 12:14 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

pete would probably use his big'o brain and re-create his powers.....except this time he corrects the little things......like his webs would now come from his butt.....

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post May 24th, 2011 01:45 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Re: If Spider-Man lost his powers?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Entity
Permanently!

Peter Parker loses all his spider powers for good. So how would his life go on? Lets assume his enemies don't go after him and try to take him out asap but rather how would Peter handle his life after powers? Would he really live that dream normal life he so desperately desires or would he be unable to just turn a blind eye to all the injustice in the world after being a great hero for so long?

Also for either answer how would you see it going down?

Personally I can't see Peter just completely shutting it off. Sure for awhile he could maybe even a couple years he could be just Joe scientist or think tank but eventually I feel he'd just have to be "Spiderman" again in one fashion or another. Not necessarily literally as Spiderman again but he'd still have to find a way to be a hero. Personally I see him somehow managing some sort of Iron Man effect or possibly replicating a synthetic xfactor or SSS. He's far to smart to just not be capable of a way to put his self back into the game if he so desired. And I'm sure as much as he may want a normal life, with all that power n responsibility talk uncle Ben put in his head he just couldn't walk away from being a hero after so long.

Tell me some what you think would happen to some other characters if they permanently lost their powers?

P.S. With Batman it's money! wink

Old Post May 24th, 2011 03:09 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote