KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Characters who deserve more respect

Characters who deserve more respect
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Characters who deserve more respect

What characters in your opinion generally get written below their full potential?

Please don't name characters who have some low-showings but otherwise get plenty of good showings and respect from writers (IE: Thor, Superman, Hulk, etc).

It doesn't even have to necessarily be about power/combat showings.

For instance one of my choices is R'as Al Ghul. The guy is billed as Batman's most dangerous foe and has been plotting and scheming for centuries and yet aside from a few instances like Tower of Babel he's never really shown being the global threat that he should be.

For the same reasons I'd also name Apocalypse. I'm not close to a fan of the guy, I hate his design and his personality is irksome, but I recognize that the guy isn't generally given the respect by his writers that he should given his billing as R'as Al Ghul on steroids with Celestial technology.

Marvel Ares is another. I hate that they make the God of War a Meta.

Sodam Yat. Nuff said.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 11:51 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Wonder Man. I think the source of his power, ionic energy, is something that could be further explored and developed to make Simon a lot more than a flying brick type. He's almost always guaranteed to be a second stringer to Thor, and I think Simon should be elevated to a higher tier than what he's typically shown as.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 03:24 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ares should be able to somehow influence war and amp from it

I have returned

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 04:04 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I kind of liked that Ares didn't have some kind of war based powers. The idea that he was a combat savant was pretty cool to me for some reason. That and he busted through a time bubble or something to get at Nate Grey. It's like he just didn't care. Sort of like a smarter, cooler version of Juggernaut.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 04:54 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sodam Yat literally defines this question.

The dude is a Damamite, so his baseline physical stats should be on par with Superman... Plus he's got-damn ION, which should put him above even the most elite Green Lanterns. The dude really should be nigh-unbeatable, all things considered. But sadly, that's just not how he's been written. Ever.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 05:11 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

superman, he should never lose,

but seriously all street/lowmetas who dont have a crazy healing factor and arent named steve

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 06:05 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Apocalypse. Destined to rule Marvel earth in several alternate timelines, and has a powerset that, if written properly, should be damn near broken IMO. Instead, they got him so wrapped up in the whole "uber schemer who really wins if he loses" deal, that he just comes off as a jobber. Plus, why are the damn X-Men his main foils? This guy should be one of the big dogs in Marvel, not some small-time villain.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 02:10 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^ *applause*

-------------------------------

martian manhunter. don't care if he's a "big name", he still gets rotisserie shafted

ben grimm

marvel ares. he's probably the weakest of all the gods in terms of feats.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 03:38 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Any character that doesn't have to be "cool" to be interesting.

I would have said Hank Pym, but now that doesn't really count.
Colossus. The man should be a top tier meta and one of the most powerful X-Men (on their regular teams), but he's a bit player half the time.
Red Tornado
Catwoman
Geo-Force (Dan Didio, learn to write motherf*cker)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2011 10:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

champion of the universe

Old Post Jun 12th, 2011 03:37 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
champion of the universe

thumb up

Old Post Jun 12th, 2011 04:29 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Originally posted by psycho gundam
champion of the universe

Well he was given respect for one issue his first then it was all downhill.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2011 04:33 AM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simbon

Lots of really good ones named so far. I'd add two evil scientists:

Leader (and anyone else who is supposed to be smarter than any human, yet has NOTHING on Reed, Doom, Pym, Stark, etc.)

Zarrko (has conquered the world, travels through time, has impressive robotics skilled and is a master of temporal summoning; he could be an awesome antagonist, he just needs some tuning up)

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 12th, 2011 05:05 AM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Balder the Brave: Balder should be portrayed as a low-herald, imo. As the God of Light, that title should be explored more often, as well as his invincibility to all but mistletoe in Asgard. When he was revealed to be a Son of Odin and inherited the throne, I personally would have liked to see him get an amp of some sort.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2011 06:21 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

I agree with everyone named so far, especially:

1. Apoc
2. Ares

I can see what the poster above was referring to when he mentioned Wonder Man. Marvel always alludes to his potential, but never really expands on it.

By: Juk

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 03:32 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Balder the Brave: Balder should be portrayed as a low-herald, imo. As the God of Light, that title should be explored more often, as well as his invincibility to all but mistletoe in Asgard. When he was revealed to be a Son of Odin and inherited the throne, I personally would have liked to see him get an amp of some sort.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 03:39 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 06:03 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

on top of that it was liefeld's art.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 09:27 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Most of the New Gods.

But Highfather in particular.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 12:33 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

agree on Apocalypse, Ras Al Ghul, WonderMan, Balder and Ares.

id like to add Taskmaster & DCs Frankenstein

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 06:53 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote