KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Scarlet Spider returns sans hoodie...

Scarlet Spider returns sans hoodie...
Started by: peejayd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dyajeep

Scarlet Spider returns sans hoodie...

* Scarlet Spider returns sans hoodie... by writer Christopher Yost and artist Ryan Stegman...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/yos...der-111015.html

* identity still unrevealed, it may or may not be Ben Reilly... it may be a he, or a she... and it will come out from the effects of the Spider-Island event...

* good or bad? confused

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 01:28 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Clones are always hilarious. Bring em.

Btw, there was a very early clone story (like, first 100 ASM issues) where one of them dies, and they never tell us whether it's the clone or not. Added to all the identity hijinx Pete's been through, there's like a 25% chance current Spidey is actually the baby that came out of Mary Parker.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 02:41 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi

Btw, there was a very early clone story (like, first 100 ASM issues) where one of them dies, and they never tell us whether it's the clone or not. Added to all the identity hijinx Pete's been through, there's like a 25% chance current Spidey is actually the baby that came out of Mary Parker.

lol didn't they try to play that off before (the whole our spidey isn't actually the real one) but was too badly received or some shit?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 03:50 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i read the issue where the new Scarlet Spider is supposedly in.. I hope it works this time around

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 04:52 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* i love Ben Reilly... evil face

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 07:41 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

laughing This post is winning.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 04:55 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by jalek moye
lol didn't they try to play that off before (the whole our spidey isn't actually the real one) but was too badly received or some shit?

Sounds legit. I don't remember specifically though. I seem to recall some very obvious ambiguity about whether or not he switched permanently with Ben at one point, but that's about it.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2011 05:24 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So this is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kain

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 26th, 2011 07:43 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Bentley
So this is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kain

most likely

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 26th, 2011 09:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Spider-Island kind of kicked ass. I mean, it was a total Spidey wankfest but, ya know, what's wrong with that?

happy

I like how they couldn't help subtly suggesting (again) that maybe Pete isn't the original at the end there. I think it's basically a running gag by now.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 12:19 AM
SamZED

Heh yeah. Dont think even Kain wants to be the original. He shut her up.

PS: Pete confirmed that his death by Morlun's hands is still canon and so are the upgrades he recieved afterwards. Wonder if they're ever going to explain what happened to organic webbing and stingers.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 03:50 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 03:44 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by SamZED
Heh yeah. Dont think even Kain wants to be the original. He shut her up.

PS: Pete confirmed that his death by Morlun's hands is still canon and so are the upgrades he recieved afterwards. Wonder if they're ever going to explain what happened to organic webbing and stingers.

Just more fan service. They will likely continue to be ignored by writers, as per usual.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 01:29 PM