KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Concerning DC's History and the new 52!

Concerning DC's History and the new 52!
Started by: Igniz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Question Concerning DC's History and the new 52!

As the title of this topic suggest, I found a lot of subjects concerning about DC's history.Past and Present(The new 52).Here are the subjects that I will inform people about DC that I found in some sites that actually made me interested enough to post it here.

DC’s Crisis crisis: In New DCU, those major events never happened

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...never-happened/

Grumpy Old Fan | Will DC’s past catch up with it?

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...tch-up-with-it/

Dan Didio's statements

quote:
Accordingly, Dan DiDio tried to clarify: With so many characters and histories restarting, major events like Crisis are harder to place when they work for some and not for others. (that was one of the problems coming out of the original Crisis). While we are starting [approximately] five years into our heroes’ lives, we are focused on the characters present and future, and past histories will be revealed as the stories dictate. Yes, there have been “crisis” in our characters lives, but they aren’t exactly the Crisis you read before, they can’t be.

The big question is, is it okay with some people if the Crisis events never existed?Or to be specific, every major events in the past DCU?

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Oct 31st, 2011 10:48 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

DC don't really care about whether we like the stories or not. They care about making the money and getting a new generation of readers.

I'm fine with DC making their business deals.

Would I support them. nah!

As for the Crisis? Well, I wasted my money reading a story that is irrelevant to the characters I love and adore...so F me.

Thanks DC.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 01:15 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Have you actually read any of the books yet?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 01:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

For all the complaints about Marvel, they have managed to keep their continuity fairly clean. DC got Crisis drunk a long time ago, and now can't decide what continuity they actually want?
Bob Harras is the Editor In Chief now. If there is karma, they will go bankrupt under him like it happened once before under him!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 01:35 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Certainly,

Did I like them? No.

But that's just me.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 01:35 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
For all the complaints about Marvel, they have managed to keep their continuity fairly clean. DC got Crisis drunk a long time ago, and now can't decide what continuity they actually want?
Bob Harras is the Editor In Chief now. If there is karma, they will go bankrupt under him like it happened once before under him!

Tell that to the X-Men. stick out tongue

Originally posted by WanderingDroid
Certainly,

Did I like them? No.

But that's just me.

So you genuinely didn't like Aquaman, Action Comics, The Flash, Detective Comics, Voodoo, JLI, Justice League, or any of the other books? Seriously?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 01:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by -Pr-
Tell that to the X-Men. stick out tongue

So you genuinely didn't like Aquaman, Action Comics, The Flash, Detective Comics, Voodoo, JLI, Justice League, or any of the other books? Seriously?

That's your go to list of the great comics to come out from the reboot? Some of those are of pretty questionable quality. There are some 6.5-7/10 books there.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 01:49 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Nah, Aquaman, Action Comics, Flash, and Voodoo are all good. Have gotten good reveiws online and generally liked online as well.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 01:56 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Nah, Aquaman, Action Comics, Flash, and Voodoo are all good. Have gotten good reveiws online and generally liked online as well.

Other than issue 2 of the Flash (which was spectacular, much better than issue 1) those are all 7.5-8/10 books. Don't get me wrong, that is still a good review, but it isn't specular.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:00 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

IYO, but it's all subjective. I was mainly talking about Aquaman, Voodoo, I Vampire, Animal Man, which have been hits. Batman as well.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:02 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

For me Aquaman's been a solid 8 at least. Action's at least a 9 if not 10. Flash has been great, Superman has been solid, Justice League has been brilliant, Detective has been really good.

Of course, imo.

And I don't trust Srank's judgement anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:06 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

IYO, but it's all subjective. I was mainly talking about Aquaman, Voodoo, I Vampire, Animal Man, which have been hits. Batman as well.

Animal Man and I Vampire weren't mentioned, which was sort of my point. JLI, Action and even Justice League are middle of the road books. Nothing mind blowing there. I thought it was strange to mention those books and leave out Swamp Thing, I Vampire, and Animal Man.

FYI my opinion seems to fall pretty close to the line with the major review sites. cool

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:07 AM
Senor Cage

Action has gotten some stellar reviews. And is loved by many of the creators in DC. It gets a solid 9 for me.

Not really into JLI, so I agree with that.

Close, but no cigar.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:08 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Action has gotten some stellar reviews. And is loved by many of the creators in DC. It gets a solid 9 for me.

Not really into JLI, so I agree with that.

Close, but no cigar.

So far action is sitting at 7.5 for issue 1, and 8 for issue 2 at IGN. But I know CBR gave it dub 5s on story and art. None of the other review sites I frequent hand out numerical scores.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:16 AM
Senor Cage

comicvine gave it 5 stars out of 5 stars. Like I said, "GOOD" reviews.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:20 AM
Badabing
Karen

I agree with Pr, Srank isn't very trustworthy.

I've enjoyed the books I've read so far. And isn't there a thread for this already?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:20 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

comicvine gave it 5 stars out of 5 stars. Like I said, "GOOD" reviews.

lmao @ comicvine

Come on bro.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:21 AM
Senor Cage

I'm just pointing out sites that have given positive reviews. And most people who I talk to love it, so...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:23 AM
Senor Cage

And to be honest, it's not one of the main titles that I am anticipating every month.

That's Blackhawks, Grifter, Batman, I Vampire, OMAC, etc... big grin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:24 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Badabing
I agree with Pr, Srank isn't very trustworthy.

I've enjoyed the books I've read so far. And isn't there a thread for this already?

If I'm not mistake, I believe that I'm wildly regarded as the most passionate pro-DC poster on this board and that no one questions my ability to remain impartial. Plus I just got tenure at Yale in the DC comics history department and I am widely considered the foremost expert on DC comics in the known universe. And I won the official srank award for most trustworthy poster 5 years in a row! cool

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:27 AM