KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Defining Captain America

Defining Captain America
Started by: Mr.Mxyzptlk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bluddflagg

Defining Captain America

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong sub-forum and that if it didn't deserve a thread to itself, but I felt both were appropriate.

I'm looking to define a base line of Captain America's physical capabilities, an average to use as a rule of thumb. Not a combination of high and low feats but a middle line for what he is capable of.

Strength

Peak human strength is defined as 800 lbs but is this his maximum lifting capacity or is this just his base strength which then increases with an adrenaline surge?

Speed

Cap can run approximately 60 mile an hour while booking it. But is this just a high end feat or a normality for him?

Durability

He's just as easy to hurt as a regular person but like many comic characters can survive more blunt force and trauma with little to no negative effects than a regular human can.

Stamina

Cap can't get drunk, can't get sick and can function at peak capacity for hours to days on end before starting to tucker out.

Healing Factor

Cap heals faster and better than regular human beings, but are him healing from a headshot wound in a short amount of time and accelerating his metabolism to deal with a potent poison high end feats or more towards the norm?

Reflexes/Agility

Cap claims to see bullets moving in slow motion and has several feats of moving and dodging bullets after they have been fired. But is this the norm?

I apologize in advance if any of my above basic starting points are incorrect or out of date, I'm just running from my bare bones memory.

So, what is the base for Captain America physically?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 02:41 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Cap can't get drunk?

I now realise that if I was offered the SSS, I'd turn that shit down.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 02:50 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Cap can't get drunk?

I now realise that if I was offered the SSS, I'd turn that shit down.

The most recent of that I can remember is when Wolverine took Cap out to several different bars to celebrate him being back at the end of Reborn.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 02:52 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

You do realize that if you're going to actually get deep into this, there's no such thing as definitive levels for most characters, yeah? Peak human, plus or minus the writers whims. That's not what you're looking for, but is the most accurate answer.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 01:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
You do realize that if you're going to actually get deep into this, there's no such thing as definitive levels for most characters, yeah? Peak human, plus or minus the writers whims. That's not what you're looking for, but is the most accurate answer.

But there are averages we can glean from the feats that we have. Not necessarily anything empirically definitive but something that can be used as a rule of thumb.

edit: It's also about defining what "Peak human" truly means.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2011 03:49 PM