KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC reboot overview

DC reboot overview
Started by: Lord_Talron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

DC reboot overview

ive been pretty much completely out of the loop for a while now and i was hoping someone could give me a short and simple overview of whats going on. im not looking for an essay and i dont want to make it hard on anyone stick out tongue

just something to get me started

thanks!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 06:07 PM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

The Green Lantern storyline was unchanged. Batman was basically unchanged. Everything else is starting from scratch. Some origins, costumes, powers, etc are familiar, some are completely different.

Basically you should just throw out everything you think you know and start over.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 07:23 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

buy Batman and all Bat books.. that is all big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 09:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
buy Batman and all Bat books.. that is all big grin

I'm loving Batman, Batwing, and Catwoman. Liking Nightwing a lot.

Personally, I don't bother reading the rest. There's just too many.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2011 10:21 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Complete universal overhaul. They assimilated a few Wildstorm characters, got rid of some others, and started with brand new continuity on all but a couple characters. Many changes.

If you don't want to get reinvested in new stories and characters, it's a good time to jump off the wagon. If you're interested in the same characters with new continuity, it's a good time to start over fresh with them. Initial reviews have been largely positive on the new direction, but it varies from book to book and your preferences (as with anything).

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 12:19 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Digi
Complete universal overhaul. They assimilated a few Wildstorm characters, got rid of some others, and started with brand new continuity on all but a couple characters. Many changes.

If you don't want to get reinvested in new stories and characters, it's a good time to jump off the wagon. If you're interested in the same characters with new continuity, it's a good time to start over fresh with them. Initial reviews have been largely positive on the new direction, but it varies from book to book and your preferences (as with anything).

Pretty much.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 01:24 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Cogito
I'm loving Batman, Batwing, and Catwoman. Liking Nightwing a lot.

Personally, I don't bother reading the rest. There's just too many.

i also read superman and supergirl , they look like their going to be really good moving forward.. the GL titles are ok but i feel they need to improve

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 05:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

they'll incorporate more wildstorm characters soon. the new writer for voodoo and nathan edmondson said as much. i believe paul cornell did, too. but he will be leaving.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2011 05:31 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

thanks for the info, its very helpful. smile

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 12:46 AM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote