KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Before Watchmen!

Before Watchmen!
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Warning Before Watchmen!

Damn, this sounds good. Nice lineup of creators. This will counter X-Men Vs Avengers from Marvel.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=36724

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=36726

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 11:06 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Comedian+Brain Azzarello?

This could actually be awesome.

Yeah, **** you Alan Moore.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 11:27 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Who the hell gives a shit about Moore nowadays, He's just a grumpy old man now

sounds good this thing.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 12:27 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Cannot say I care much about this, barring the pleasure of the desecration Moore's old works to hear him whine.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:23 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

lol at the Moore hatred. It's his creation, he's entitled to be upset if he wants. Frankly, I kind of agree with him...this is pretty shameless. Nothing else needs to be written in the Watchmen-verse for it to be complete, but they're dredging it up for sales. If they cared about artistic integrity, they'd try to bring Moore back on or drop it entirely.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 02:28 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Curious if they will follow the art style as in the original Watchman, or redo the outfits from the movie?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 04:59 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
lol at the Moore hatred. It's his creation, he's entitled to be upset if he wants. Frankly, I kind of agree with him...this is pretty shameless. Nothing else needs to be written in the Watchmen-verse for it to be complete, but they're dredging it up for sales. If they cared about artistic integrity, they'd try to bring Moore back on or drop it entirely.

I agree. I thought they legally needed his consent, too. Wasn't Jim Lee trying to persuade him to sign off on this, and he refused?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 05:26 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

This.

There is literally no reason for this to be made.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:51 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

I'm disgusted and appalled at the very idea of them doing this.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:52 PM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I agree with Digi that this is unnecessary and I'm not overtly excited... but I have to say that is a murders' row of amazing artists. Should put these guys to work on some books I actually want to read, instead of all the crappy "90s Image style" guys DC have penciling their current on goings.

Adam Hughes on Dr Manhattan? That's not the type of cheese cake art I'm after. lol

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:54 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Also can't say I'm thrilled with JMS on the project.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 06:56 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Disgusted probably isn't the term I'd use. JMS makes the point that Moore has written stories for many characters created by other authors, including very famous characters like those in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. JMS calls it a double standard to say Moore can do that, but others can't use Moore's work. Of course, it's wrapped in all kinds of praise for Moore so as not to seem callous.

It's a fair point. But I think the fault is that many characters (Superman, for instance) were serialized. The mode of storytelling lent itself to ongoing adventures. Others did not. Authorial intent should also be considered imo, as a show of decency. It might not be wrong to write this, but it's certainly insulting to Moore, so their hands aren't totally morally clean when they essentially ignore what he says.

Obviously, I can't bring myself to outrage of any sort. But I still tend to side with "it didn't need to be made."

Last edited by Digi on Feb 1st, 2012 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

They should be using these creative teams for the DCnU instead of this shameless money grab.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:05 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I don't hate Moore, I just love to hear him whine. That way you can realize the kind of cranky hermit he has always been stick out tongue

Edit: Also his argument about Moby Dick is kind of crap, there have been sequels to Crime and Punishment and to Animal Farm, but they are not considered as a part of the books themselves.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Disgusted probably isn't the term I'd use. JMS makes the point that Moore has written stories for many characters created by other authors, including very famous characters like those in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. JMS calls it a double standard to say Moore can do that, but others can't use Moore's work. Of course, it's wrapped in all kinds of praise for Moore so as not to seem callous.

It's a fair point. But I think the fault is that many characters (Superman, for instance) were serialized. The mode of storytelling lent itself to ongoing adventures. Others did not. Authorial intent should also be considered imo, as a show of decency. It might not be wrong to write this, but it's certainly insulting to Moore, so their hands aren't totally morally clean when they essentially ignore what he says.

Obviously, I can't bring myself to outrage of any sort. But I still tend to side with "it didn't need to be made."

I lost a lot of respect for JMS when he started bashing the creative team for Spider-Man like a kid on the internet. Ever since he jumped to DC, his work has been lacking a lot.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:08 PM
Senor Cage

The covers look fantastic.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:24 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

What that Rorschach cover as a poster.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:27 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

What about it?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:31 PM
Badabing
Karen

I'll read it. And I disagree with everyone about Moore.

Hatred is good.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 09:11 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

JMS is a part time comic writer these days; he can't commit to a regular schedule, so stick him with the occasional mini. Brian Azzarello I have a lot of faith in, as well as Darwyn Cooke.

I predict all of these creators steer well clear of Alan Moore at the next Comic Con. evil face

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 09:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote