KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » If you love that comic so much, why don't you marry it?

If you love that comic so much, why don't you marry it?
Started by: Merlyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Merlyn
Order Of...

If you love that comic so much, why don't you marry it?

The concept is simple, if you could only read ONE comic for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? It can be a single comic or a particular arc within a series.

Mine would be either Watchmen or The Great Darkness Saga. It can't imagine either of those getting 'stale'.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 08:45 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I'm going to say Kingdom Come for now, but I may change my mind as I think about it more.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 09:16 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Complete run of the Sandman.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 09:19 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Marry a comic? I have enough paper cuts on my di... er... I mean I don't want paper cuts on my dick.

<.<

>.>

Y The Last Man. love

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 09:25 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

You're a sick man, srank.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 09:40 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

What's your pick Prep?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 09:42 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Either the Watchmen, or Batman: The Long Halloween

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 09:54 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hm, Millar's run on Swamp Thing never gets old... Though I wouldn't mind Final Crisis either.

As far as a single comic, probably Green Lantern: Will World.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 10:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Either The Avengers or The Justice League, because I would be able to see many heroes instead of just one, and the comic heroes that I did not see in their own books would make regular guest appearances.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 10:30 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
What's your pick Prep?

Either the Brood Saga, X-Men or one of Lucifer's arcs. Can't really make up my mind. Too hard.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Senor Cage on Feb 16th, 2012 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 04:39 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Avengers.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 07:54 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Geoff Johns run on Flash (Wally), Simonsen's run on X-Factor, or Morrison's run on X-Men.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 08:12 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Avengers.

Which storyline, JAKE!?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 08:38 AM
Bentley
Seitei

It's a hardone, probably the Avengers under Busiek or either iteration of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 10:02 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Single Issue? Action775.
TPB? Kingdom Come.
A writers 'run'? Johns JSA or GL, Sandman, or Morrison's Batman,
Event? Final Crisis.
Ongoing? Detective or GL.
Maxi? 52.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 02:22 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

If it's not cheating, I'd pick an ongoing, probably ASM.

If I have to pick a limited run, maybe the "Earth X/Universe X/Paradise X" series.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 02:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Which storyline, JAKE!?

Busiek/Perez run.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 02:40 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Seeing the title of this thread, thinking of just a single self contained volume...

The first thing that popped into my head was Daredevil: Love & War, a 1986 Graphic Novel by Frank Miller & Bill Sienkiewicz. That was back in the days when a Graphic Novel was just a single story running 64-80 pages, in large print on glossy paper; not miniseries eventually collected into a single paperback, which are popularly called Graphic Novels these days in the media (instead of the right term.)

Frank Miller, along with Alan Moore, owned the comics industry in 1986 - The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One and Elektra: Assassin all came out that same year, and Miller was at the height of his creative powers. And Bill Sienkiewicz was making that incredible Gustav Klimt-like painted style his signature that year, which carried him into other mediums.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 07:47 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

All star superman.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 08:55 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

FF#72: Where Soars the Silver Surfer

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:29 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote