KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who the the strongest character that............

Who the the strongest character that............
Started by: Dum Dum Dugan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

Who the the strongest character that............

Who is the strongest character with the lowest durability?

Who the most durable character with the lowest level of strength?

Think this is interesting topic that no one has made a thread about to my knowledge

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 06:42 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

There was some indie comics guy, he was a gruff, middle-aged Irish dude (or something similar). Scoob introduced me to him. Anyway, he was basically a walking piece of durability PIS. Nothing ever scratched him, and they ramped it up to things that would phase heralds. Like, skydiving without a parachute with nukes strapped to him.

Anyway, no strength to speak of whatsoever. So he gets my vote for "durable, not strong."

Strength without durability? Dunno. Realistically, it's harder to have that and seem believable. A class 10 punch with human durability would liquify your arm.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 06:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
There was some indie comics guy, he was a gruff, middle-aged Irish dude (or something similar). Scoob introduced me to him. Anyway, he was basically a walking piece of durability PIS. Nothing ever scratched him, and they ramped it up to things that would phase heralds. Like, skydiving without a parachute with nukes strapped to him.

dam he sounds kinda interesting. Good choice.

I was thinking maybe Adam Destiny. He was pretty much immune to any form of harm, but seem to have human level of strength.

Strength without durability? Dunno. Realistically, it's harder to have that and seem believable. A class 10 punch with human durability would liquify your arm.

True, maybe spiderman. He pretty strong but not that durable.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 06:55 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lol, really? You remember the character's name?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 07:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Honestly, He-man maybe for the opposite one. His durability's fine, but it's the clear weak link when compared with his strength.

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan

Disagree. His durability is roughly equal to his strength. He's taken hits from an angry Hulk and Morlun and been ok. His durability isn't anything special, mind you, but it's also not comparatively low compared to his strength.

Originally posted by Galan007
Lol, really? You remember the character's name?

PM Scoobless. I don't, and couldn't find him in a search.

Last edited by Digi on Feb 28th, 2012 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 07:08 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Disagree. His durability is roughly equal to his strength. He's taken hits from an angry Hulk and Morlun and been ok. His durability isn't anything special, mind you, but it's also not comparatively low compared to his strength.

normally implied that there glancing blows. Also for every high showing he has like the Hulk one (which is not that many especially direct hits) there are low showings. I think it is comparatively low compared to his strength. The lowest? No. he still pretty dam durable. However his strength is not relative to his durability when you compare him to characters like Captain America for instance. Spiderman is with out a doubt stronger then capt it not even debatable. However one could argue Capt being just as durable as Spiderman or at least within the same ball park. That in it self shows that his strength is not proportionatly to his durability.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 07:26 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

[B]Honestly, He-man maybe for the opposite one. His durability's fine, but it's the clear weak link when compared with his strength.

/B]

yea this is better then spiderman by far. To be honest I through spiderman out there because I couldent think of anyone else.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 07:27 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

yea this is better then spiderman by far. To be honest I through spiderman out there because I couldent think of anyone else.

Seemed like it. Those haymakers from Morlun weren't glancing.

Or the time he went through time fighting every battle in his entire history, one after another with no break.

And anyone with 40+ years of continuity is going to have both good and bad showings, but Pete's fine in the durability department.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 08:42 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Seemed like it. Those haymakers from Morlun weren't glancing.

At the time this was written Morlun was a 25 tonner who absorbed life force. This was later changed to him being legitment class 100. But context of when the fight took place is important.

Or the time he went through time fighting every battle in his entire history, one after another with no break.

what? Not sure what your referring to at all.

[B]
And anyone with 40+ years of continuity is going to have both good and bad showings, but Pete's fine in the durability department.

yes and you seem to focus on his highest showings. His normal durability levels are not tanking 100 class punches.

I never said peter was not fine in durability. I said compared to his strength his durability is not as high.

it very easy arguement to make. Spiderman is clearly>>>>capt in strength

However the same case is not nearly as easy to make for Spiderman being more durable. This is because his strength is beyond his durability. If Spiderman lacked in any area is be his durability when compared to his other stats.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 08:55 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Seems like the best example of high durability & low strength would be Wolverine. His strength is just enhanced, on a par with Captain America, and now his durability has gotten him surviving atomic level explosions (see during Civil War) with enough time to heal.

Superhuman strength with low durability, first one that come to mind is Wonder Woman. Just because they still let sharp, pointed objects pierce her skin, even if she can shrug off a blow from Superman. It's because of the bracelets thing she does, that they still want her to be in jeopardy that way.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 09:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by roughrider
Seems like the best example of high durability & low strength would be Wolverine. His strength is just enhanced, on a par with Captain America, and now his durability has gotten him surviving atomic level explosions (see during Civil War) with enough time to heal.

Superhuman strength with low durability, first one that come to mind is Wonder Woman. Just because they still let sharp, pointed objects pierce her skin, even if she can shrug off a blow from Superman. It's because of the bracelets thing she does, that they still want her to be in jeopardy that way.

My bad man, i should have been clearer. I was referring to pure durability. With out factoring thigns like damage soak and healing factor.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 10:09 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Then Spider Man for superhuman strength but much lower levels of durability.

Puck and Unus The Untouchable for low strength, high durability.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 10:51 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

what? Not sure what your referring to at all.

ASM #500. One of the overlooked aspects of that issue is that he had to fight his way through his own history to get back to the present. I re-read the fight, and it's unclear if it's his entire history, or just scattered battles as he jumps from time to time. But, based on what was shown on-panel, he had to fight at least 30 or so battles back-to-back against all of his classic villains. An insane stamina/durability/will feat.

yes and you seem to focus on his highest showings. His normal durability levels are not tanking 100 class punches.

Not so. My point is that his durability roughly matches his strength. Tanking Class 100 punches consistently would put his durability higher than his strength, which it is not.

I never said peter was not fine in durability. I said compared to his strength his durability is not as high.

And I disagreed. Both are roughly equal imo, and nothing to write home about unless he's angry. It's his speed and agility that separate him.

However the same case is not nearly as easy to make for Spiderman being more durable. This is because his strength is beyond his durability. If Spiderman lacked in any area is be his durability when compared to his other stats.

Pete's top durability fats do top Cap's. But I think I see the problem. Cap is very durable for a high street. So you're comparing Pete to someone whose durability is easily arguable as >>>> his strength, comparatively speaking. Cap makes a lot of low metas seem less durable...doesn't mean they have low durability though, just that Cap has great durability for his level.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 01:33 AM
SamZED

normally implied that there glancing blows. Also for every high showing he has like the Hulk one (which is not that many especially direct hits) there are low showings. I think it is comparatively low compared to his strength. The lowest? No. he still pretty dam durable. However his strength is not relative to his durability when you compare him to characters like Captain America for instance. Spiderman is with out a doubt stronger then capt it not even debatable. However one could argue Capt being just as durable as Spiderman or at least within the same ball park. That in it self shows that his strength is not proportionatly to his durability.
Spider-man has a lot of good durability feats. The number of times he's taken direct class 100 atacks is pretty high as well. I was always under the impression Cap can take so much damage mostly because of his will power, but his durability is not on Spider-man's level. Even going by basic things like lifting things. Spider-man wouldnt be able to lift a train or a tank unless he had durability to go with it, Cap's bones would just snap in that situation and not only because he lacks the strength. But overall I agree Pete's durability doesnt measure to his strength. Or more like, with him it depends on his state of mind. When needed he was shown taking crazy amount of damage.

ASM #500. One of the overlooked aspects of that issue is that he had to fight his way through his own history to get back to the present. I re-read the fight, and it's unclear if it's his entire history, or just scattered battles as he jumps from time to time. But, based on what was shown on-panel, he had to fight at least 30 or so battles back-to-back against all of his classic villains. An insane stamina/durability/will feat.
I remember that issue. Yeah, that was an insane feat. Dont think he went though EVERY battle, that'd be insane. But it was clearly implied he went through dozens.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Feb 29th, 2012 at 07:14 PM

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:11 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

You're thinking of Spidey's costume. It's the opposite of Hulk's pants. Spidey's costume gets shredded if it's raining.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:22 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by roughrider

TBH, that notion about Diana is pretty out-dated. She hasn't been that way in years.

It would be like saying Aquaman still sucks outside of water.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 01:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Badabing
You're thinking of Spidey's costume. It's the opposite of Hulk's pants. Spidey's costume gets shredded if it's raining.

Lol. Truth.

Originally posted by -Pr-
It would be like saying Aquaman still sucks outside of water.

well....

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 03:58 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Lol. Truth.

well....

Mid 90s, Spider-boy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 04:12 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

lmao. Is that to make me angry, or legit? I can't decide.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 05:49 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lmao. Is that to make me angry, or legit? I can't decide.

I... Haven't decided yet.

but yeah, the whole "weakened out of water" thing was pretty much done away with in the 90s.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 06:26 AM