KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Hal Jordan's personality

Hal Jordan's personality
Started by: Odekahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Odekahn

Hal Jordan's personality

Has anyone else noticed in the DCnU JL he seems exactly like Ryan Reynolds? He's never stuck me as overly jokey and not a serious character before and between this and his personality in the GL Animated Series I'm worried that they are going to turn Hal in Ryan in the same way they turned Wolverine into Hugh Jackman. It's just the things he says don't come off as cocky and arrogant so much as... juvenile.

Even Batman doesn't seem himself in Johns series. Everyone reminds me of Plastic Man.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 05:55 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

In before "Hal Jordan has a personality?" joke.

That being said, no, you're the not the only one who's noticed it.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 05:57 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly take it as Johns giving us the original Hal Jordan; the cocky ******* who just didn't give a ****. Johns needs to straighten him out in JLA because honestly, in GL he's fine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 06:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Meh, hopefully he dies again erm

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 06:07 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cogito
Meh, hopefully he dies again erm
thumb up

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 06:15 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
In before "Hal Jordan has a personality?" joke.

That being said, no, you're the not the only one who's noticed it.

Hal jordan has a personality?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 07:19 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly prefer Hal to the likes of Kyle (a bit of a whiney overachiever for my tastes), John (a bit flat), and G- Actually no, Guy Gardner is boss; he should never die.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 03:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly prefer Hal to the likes of Kyle (a bit of a whiney overachiever for my tastes), John (a bit flat), and G- Actually no, Guy Gardner is boss; he should never die.
This is your best post ever! Guy Gardner is awesome.

Hal is still a noob in the JLA comic. So I think that should be considered regarding his personality.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 04:23 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

So I haven't had allot of money for comics this last year but I'd like to know how all this new DCnU stuff coincides with things that have happened in the past of DC and appearently (at least from what I'm reading online) still exist in DCU such as Green Lantern Corps where Kyle is still a GL n the Blackest Night and all still happened as well as final crisis, and Batman Incorporated, and so on?

I was under the impression ALL of DCU was rebooted with Flashpoint.
Was I incorrect?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:36 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Yeah erm

-_-

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 11:55 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Entity
So I haven't had allot of money for comics this last year but I'd like to know how all this new DCnU stuff coincides with things that have happened in the past of DC and appearently (at least from what I'm reading online) still exist in DCU such as Green Lantern Corps where Kyle is still a GL n the Blackest Night and all still happened as well as final crisis, and Batman Incorporated, and so on?

I was under the impression ALL of DCU was rebooted with Flashpoint.
Was I incorrect?

Anything written by Johns for Green Lantern is still mostly canon. Most of Morrison's Batman work is canon. A lot was unchanged, though admittedly a lot changed too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 12:00 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

It's sort of confusing.

Dick Being Batman couldn't have happened because Final Crisis couldn't have happened. Are we made to believe Blackest Night Happened? Because Batman was dead in Blackest Night as well as a lot of characters not even introduced yet in the DCnU. It's just confusing. A Clean Reboot would have been preferable... or not a reboot at all.

-_-

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 12:41 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Blight
It's sort of confusing.

Dick Being Batman couldn't have happened because Final Crisis couldn't have happened. Are we made to believe Blackest Night Happened? Because Batman was dead in Blackest Night as well as a lot of characters not even introduced yet in the DCnU. It's just confusing. A Clean Reboot would have been preferable... or not a reboot at all.

Dick was Batman, though. Iirc he actually says so in his own series.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 12:49 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

Dick was Batman, though. Iirc he actually says so in his own series.
For Real? Why? Did they explain that? Because Final Crisis could NOT have happened the way it did...

-_-

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 01:17 AM
Cogito

(please log in to view the image)

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 01:21 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Yea I've been wondering how could Batman have killed Darkseid and yet now he's only been Batman 5 years, I think thats right? But he's had time to train multiple apprentices and even father one of them who is now, what is Damien suppose to be 13? confused

How the hell did Batman father Damien with Talia within the last 5 years?

And now the League is just organizing and just meeting Darkseid?

Screw it, Make Mine Marvel!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 07:53 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

The Events in JLA take place I think 6 months prior to everything else. Maybe it's more.

I admit it's confusing. Yet I still enjoy it more than Marvel.

-_-

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 03:39 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Entity
Yea I've been wondering how could Batman have killed Darkseid and yet now he's only been Batman 5 years, I think thats right? But he's had time to train multiple apprentices and even father one of them who is now, what is Damien suppose to be 13? confused

How the hell did Batman father Damien with Talia within the last 5 years?

And now the League is just organizing and just meeting Darkseid?

Screw it, Make Mine Marvel!

Bruce batkicked time.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 04:45 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Blight
The Events in JLA take place I think 6 months prior to everything else. Maybe it's more.

I admit it's confusing. Yet I still enjoy it more than Marvel.

5 years stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 11:47 PM
Blight
Less than Newbie

5 years stick out tongue

Gotcha..... That's right, Action Comics is 6 months before JLA.

... still don't like it because that means the whole Final Crisis mess happened somewhere within the 5 years of the JLA forming?

I would still have preferred a clean reboot.

-_-

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 01:44 AM