KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Most under/over played characters ever?

Most under/over played characters ever?
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Most under/over played characters ever?

Simply put, who gets your vote for the most under and over played characters in regards to their honest powerset potential?

Who does the most or least with what they're suppose to be capable of? confused

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 06:49 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Wolverine

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 07:29 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Wolverine
Completely agree! I like Wolverine allot but he is one of the worst about doing things he should never be capable of simply due to his massive popularity.

Which is why I so often tell my friends I love Wolverine but I hate Wolvermania!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 07:43 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wolverine has actually been good lately under Jason Aaron and Uncanny X-Force

so yeah he's not that bad these days.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 07:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Doctor Doom is a bit overplayed. Too much exposition makes him feel less special. But can't really argue about Doom punking Hulk, he should always do that wink

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 03:24 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Underplayed: The cast of the Infinity watch.
I could see a mini series with the likes of Moondragon, Maxam, Gamora, Adam Warlock...
Talk about an overpowered team.
Gamora is a multi tons martial artist without peer, Maxam got fighting skills himself, and he way over 100 tons class, and he's immune to telepath powers. Moondragon is an expert in h2h, and a super powered telepath. And Warlock is the wise, calm leader, to keep them in line. I'm sure there are things to do with that.

Underplayed: Nova Prime.
I'm a sucker for underdog, and even if he's in the big league now, he's been shown to be just a notch less powerful that the likes of Surfer, Thor, etc. But I totally dig his "I can do that shit" attitude, and it's a shame that he don't have a series.

Underplayed: Ronan and Super-Skrull.
What Marvel wait to put them in a team!? How about throwing Nova Prime as their leader? That shit would be awesome!

Overplayed: Spider-Man.
Ok. Wolverine is everywhere, but I like the character, and his power "kind" of explain how he can do it. On the other hand, Spider-Man is also everywhere, and since I hate him, well... Also, he needs to gtfo from the FF. Reed needs to pimpslap him awat.

Overplayed: Hope Summers.
What a mess.

Overplayed: Wanda.
She should have stayed dead.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 04:48 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Handful of Marvel characters listed here, so I'll go the other way and pick some DC.

Overplayed: Hal Jordan
Because he exists. He's easily the worst Earth GL and yet he's the star again. They did it right when they killed him off the first time.

Overplayed: Barry Allen
Because he exists. He's a fine character, but his time, and subsequently the torch, passed.

Underplayed: Wally West
Because he doesn't exist (yet).

Underplayed: Dr. Fate
DC's been lacking in the large-scale magic scene a while now. Dr. Fate's just a straight badass.

Underplayed: The JSA
They're awesome and nothing else needs to be said.

Overplayed: The Bat Family
I like a lot of the Bat books, but there's just way too many. I can't care about all of them.

Underplayed: Power Girl

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 05:33 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This thread has to do with power set guys, not exposure.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 06:39 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

no expression

Over:
Reed
Doom (occasionally)
Wolverine
Batman
Deathstroke
Bendispower Clint
Magneto (occasionally)

Under:
Flash Family (on average)
Martian Manhunter
Darkseid
Emotional Entities (under Johns)
Spectre (non-Corrigan)
Apocalypse
Galactus (Fraction)

'Be.'

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 07:25 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Cogito
Emotional Entities

Women?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 08:16 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Digi
Women?

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 09:11 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Overplayed: Hal Jordan
Because he exists. He's easily the worst Earth GL and yet he's the star again. They did it right when they killed him off the first time.

Heresy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 09:22 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 09:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Originally posted by Digi
This thread has to do with power set guys, not exposure.

Oops!

Ok:

Under: Silver Surfer: Basically, he can do everything, including time travel. This dude should never loose to anyone unless his opponents are more powerful that he is.

Over: Reed Richards: Talk about an over-achiever.

Under: Thor: He can do most of what Surfer can do (bare telepathy, and he don't possess the cosmic awarness), and even if he gets more respect that Surfer, he shouldn't fall to anyone but to his peers or above him. This apply to Beta Ray Bill too.

Over: Wolverine: In one comic, he survived a damn nuke.

Under: Galactus: Seriously, how is it possible that a human like Doom or Richards can become a treat to Galactus? Isn't he suppose to be omniscient, or almost?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 09:40 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Over: Wolverine: In one comic, he survived a damn nuke.

Happened more than once. In Hiroshima, in Daniel Way's Venom, Nitro and Sunspot also "nuked" him...

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 10:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by -Pr-
Heresy.

thumb up Bringing Hal back was heresy sick

'Be.'

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 12:30 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up Bringing Hal back was heresy sick

It's not his fault he's the most powerful/interesting/rounded of the earth lanterns.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 03:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I don't really read that many comics, but I try to keep up with most of what the Big Two are pumpin' out and I have to say The Question is pretty underused. I'm a big Question fan and I don't see him around as much.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 04:00 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by -Pr-
It's not his fault he's the most powerful/interesting/rounded of the earth lanterns.

False, imo. Kyle and Alan both have more going on than Hal ever did.

I hate that writers don't get that, outside of the big 3, the other characters literally should be legacies. And maybe even Batman (yeah, I went there). It stunts the character development of all involved when you try to make it otherwise.

Originally posted by Scythe
I don't really read that many comics, but I try to keep up with most of what the Big Two are pumpin' out and I have to say The Question is pretty underused. I'm a big Question fan and I don't see him around as much.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 04:17 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Underplayed=Simon Dark. He was refreshingly original. DC could have done SO much more with him. sad

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 05:28 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

I'm confused by the premise here. Is this about Powerset?

Does this mean "On this forum" Who is considered way more powerful than they should be or "in the comics?"

In the Comics:
- I don't think Wolverine should be tanking Nukes or Lifting Cars over his head, or able to cover a mile or whatever it was in an instant.
- I don't think Thanos should be far above Surfer in Power Level. I never got that impression when he was my favorite comic book character of all time. In fact this forum made me like him less when I found out how powerful he was for some reason.
- I think Spectre should be used less as a stepping stone for characters to punk out and more as a force of nature. If you have the title "Right hand of God" it should actually mean something. As it stands, that's not the case.
- I Thought Superman was a bit too powerful in Final Crisis during the "Infinite Lb." book he lifted. That's absurd and shouldn't even be discussed here in the Vs. Forums but whatever.

I can't think of anything else. Hope I did this right.

-_-

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 11:33 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote