KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Batman in Smallville

Batman in Smallville
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Batman in Smallville

It's pretty obvious that many fans wanted Bruce Wayne and/or his alter ego to appear or be referenced in the series "Smallville". Well, now, it's finally going to happen, albeit in the comics.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...y/news/?a=61713

(please log in to view the image)

Yes, Batman and Nightwing will make their official Smallville debut in Season 11 of the series. Only Nightwing will be Stephanie Brown.

I, for one, am glad that this wasn't used on the show.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 11:18 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

...this is bullshit

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 11:20 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Re: Batman in Smallville

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's pretty obvious that many fans wanted Bruce Wayne and/or his alter ego to appear or be referenced in the series "Smallville". Well, now, it's finally going to happen, albeit in the comics.

Yes, Batman and Nightwing will make their official Smallville debut in Season 11 of the series. Only Nightwing will be Stephanie Brown.

Would it have mattered (remember latex doomsday). Cant get any worse than that.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 11:33 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by steverules_2
...this is bullshit

It's an alternate universe. What does it matter?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 12:29 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Batman is gonna kick Clark's ass again

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 01:20 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Digi
It's an alternate universe. What does it matter?

Yeah...so? Still looks pretty bad

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 09:15 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by steverules_2
Yeah...so? Still looks pretty bad

Fair enough. Your response just seemed a bit too reactionary based off a cover drawing and short press release.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 01:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

bout time...though I still wish bruce wayne would have been in the show. IMO it would have been awesome if he was practicing to be batman and dressing ninja like.

As for the book...no.

I don't like the way it looks. Story could be good. Maybe I will check it you.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 01:58 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

it won't be the same.. also that batsuit looks like something out of batman and robin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 07:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Digi
Fair enough. Your response just seemed a bit too reactionary based off a cover drawing and short press release.

Least there aren't any bat nipples

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 05:58 PM
Darth Vicious

I think people wanted to see Bruce on the actual show. Kinda pointless now.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 02:16 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Darth Vicious

thumb up
exactly.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 02:22 PM
avatarroku92 is currently offline Click here to Send avatarroku92 a Private Message Find more posts by avatarroku92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well sure, but by that logic, the whole comic is essentially pointless.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 02:34 PM
Darth Vicious

It is pointless. I think the point was to see how the comic aspects translate to the small screen.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 04:29 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It is pointless. I think the point was to see how the comic aspects translate to the small screen.

If it sells, it's not, or if it has good stories and writing. It's just pointless to you, and clearly you aren't their audience.

I had no interest in this comic despite following the show, but I'm a bit perplexed by the hate I see toward it. If there's an interested creator and audience, it's as valid as any other title.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 06:25 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I'm kind of happy they didn't have Bruce Wayne on Smallville. To have your main character meet early in life one, maybe two, of the characters "destined" to be important to him later: this is a charming, at times intriguing plot device. But after Lois, Perry, Jimmy, not to mention the other superheroes...Bruce would've been over-overkill, imho.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 08:18 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I didn't even know there were Smallville comics until this thread.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 07:51 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Are they worth reading?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 08:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Monroe14

I think it would've been awsome to have Bruce Wayne on Smallville as he was beginning to become Batman. Clearly, after season 3, smallville veered off into it's own universe with the introduction of Lois Lane into the story, so I think it would have been okay for Clark to meet Bruce in his early to mid twenties. Would've been good context added to the story line along with a bigger fan base.

I do find it interesting how Clark associates himself with so many billionaires as best friends; Lex Luthor, then Oliver Queen (kind of a best friend in Smallville), then Bruce Wayne

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 08:58 AM
Monroe14 is currently offline Click here to Send Monroe14 a Private Message Find more posts by Monroe14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I don't think Clark should have been friends with Bruce but i do think they should have at least met. Bruce should have been a rival of Lex Luthor in some way and appear a few times in the show to beat Lex at business deals or something stupid like that. Nothing major but just to tease us with his existence

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 03:09 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote