KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel NOW

Marvel NOW
Started by: -K-M-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (52): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-K-M-

Marvel NOW

Be warned this is what spills out from AvX.

Here is the new face of the Marvel Universe....ta da

(please log in to view the image)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=39525

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/07/03/m...grey-exclusive/

Last edited by -K-M- on Jul 5th, 2012 at 04:08 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 04:01 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Um, did I miss something? Is Marvel retooling their company as well?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 04:05 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Um, did I miss something? Is Marvel retooling their company as well?

Yes and no.

Continuity remains the same, but there will be a massive switch to creative teams. Hickman will go the Avengers...Fraction will go to the Fantastic Four. Bendis will be on the X-Men and bring back Jean Grey - albeit time displaced - and the Uncanny Avengers will basically be a Marvel All-Stars team.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 04:07 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Mods can you make that gigantic pic a thumbnail?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 04:09 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hickman will go the Avengers...

Yay!

Fraction will go to the Fantastic Four.

Gross.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 04:21 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Re: Marvel NOW

Originally posted by -K-M-
Be warned this is what spills out from AvX.

Here is the new face of the Marvel Universe....ta da

(please log in to view the image)

Well now I'm good and scared.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 04:56 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hickman will go the Avengers...Fraction will go to the Fantastic Four.
Great news for Avengers. Horrible news for F4... It's only a matter of time until Fraction rapes what has otherwise been an absolutely superb stint on F4 up until now, with his horrendous dialogue and shitty plots.

Too bad. F4 was one of my favorite books in any company. Maybe I'll follow Hickman to Avengers for a bit and see what I think (never been much of an avid Avengers fan in the past, so it'd be pretty new territory for me.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 5th, 2012 at 05:42 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 05:34 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Supposedly, Hickman's Avengers will be more cosmic influenced, have a roster of 18 characters (yikes) and one of the confirmed characters will be Shang-Chi.

Fraction's F4...man, I'm not looking forward to Doom for once.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 05:45 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Supposedly, Hickman's Avengers will be more cosmic influenced, have a roster of 18 characters (yikes) and one of the confirmed characters will be Shang-Chi.

Galactus will headbutt everything in sight

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 05:47 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Even though Hickman writes great cosmic stories, 18 characters is still a lot for anyone to effectively manage... So I doubt much overall character/team development will be taking place (there's simply not enough paper, lol.)

Fraction's Doom conversing with the F4: "The brain of Doom contains epic smarts. You bastards all suck!"

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 05:57 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And also Fraction is leaving Invincible Iron Man, Kieron Gillen is taking over.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 06:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Expect doom to become a cartoony villian like mandarin. I imagine near constant use of speaking in the third person

"Doctor Doom only wants to talk about how great Doctor Doom is because Doctor Doom knows that Doctor Doom is Special..........................................DOCTOR DOOM!"

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 08:41 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Galan007
Even though Hickman writes great cosmic stories, 18 characters is still a lot for anyone to effectively manage... So I doubt much overall character/team development will be taking place (there's simply not enough paper, lol.)

Fraction's Doom conversing with the F4: "The brain of Doom contains epic smarts. You bastards all suck!"

The FF has lots of members for your average team.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 11:13 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

I think hes dropping the new avengers in with the regular avengers which would explain the inflated roster. Uncanny Avengers is going to replace Secret Avengers.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 11:17 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

A bit confused as to why black Fury is in the picture. AvX has nothing to do with the Ultimates U. and they said way back the two universes wouldn't meet/clash whatever (yes, Spider-Men changed that a bit). Intrigued about the Jean Grey bit. Then again it also stinks like BND.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 11:18 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
A bit confused as to why black Fury is in the picture. AvX has nothing to do with the Ultimates U. and they said way back the two universes wouldn't meet/clash whatever (yes, Spider-Men changed that a bit). Intrigued about the Jean Grey bit. Then again it also stinks like BND.
Its because thats a new character known as "Nick Fury Jr". He was basically created as the son of the Hasselhoff fury in the 616 to capitalize off the avengers movie success.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 11:21 AM
Deadline

So Ultimate Nick Fury is going to be in 616?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 12:03 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Its because thats a new character known as "Nick Fury Jr". He was basically created as the son of the Hasselhoff fury in the 616 to capitalize off the avengers movie success.

Hoff=Winning!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 12:45 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Deadline
So Ultimate Nick Fury is going to be in 616?

No not at all, He's basically Nick Fury 616's son

it all went down in the Battle Scars story.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 01:25 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Originally posted by HueyFreeman

Ah, wtf

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 03:09 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote