KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Can the joker be killed without impunity?

Can the joker be killed without impunity?
Started by: HueyFreeman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Can the joker be killed without impunity?

We always hear stupid batman stories where he tells someone whose about to cross the line "if you kill (whatever villian) I will hunt you down and bring you to justice". When you think about it thats one of the most empty threats possible. You could probably kill joker in broad daylight ala (kingdom come) and get off scott free. You could argue Joker poses a real and consitant threat since he keeps escaping arkham . The recent villian "nobody" could have murdered almost all of batmans rogue gallery and walked into the police station and confessed and I doubt would get any time.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jul 29th, 2012 02:04 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

He'd go to jail because of the Penguin and the Riddler, but nobody would care about killing the Joker actually.

Except DC stick out tongue

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 29th, 2012 07:18 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
He'd go to jail because of the Penguin and the Riddler, but nobody would care about killing the Joker actually.

Except DC stick out tongue
Which brings me to another point. Joker has filled a graveyard with dead bodies. You mean to tell me none of those families decided they wanted revenge? Deathstrokes the most obvious assassin that could get it done without a problem. Shiva too.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jul 29th, 2012 08:02 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

they would probably give you a medal and throw a parade in your honer if you killed the joker.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 29th, 2012 08:13 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Which brings me to another point. Joker has filled a graveyard with dead bodies. You mean to tell me none of those families decided they wanted revenge? Deathstrokes the most obvious assassin that could get it done without a problem. Shiva too.

Joker probably kills entire families so nobody tries to avenge his kills embarrasment

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 29th, 2012 08:35 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Joker's protected by plot armor, more so than even Batman himself.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2012 08:42 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Originally posted by HueyFreeman

Eh, the majority of people Joker has killed wouldn''t have families rich enough to hire the A-list assassins. There's also the fact that pretty much no supervillain wants to act against the Joker because most of them are terrified by him.

But those are just in universe ways of explaining plot armour tbh.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jul 29th, 2012 10:28 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Eh, the majority of people Joker has killed wouldn''t have families rich enough to hire the A-list assassins. There's also the fact that pretty much no supervillain wants to act against the Joker because most of them are terrified by him.

But those are just in universe ways of explaining plot armour tbh.
Its hard to take that serious some times. Dont get me wrong I love the Joker character but there are plenty of sociopaths in DC that the whole crazy schick wont fly with. Hell I remember Bane treated him like a ***** in NML and people like deathstroke, mr freeze, poison ivy are each more than capable (and willing) of killing him.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jul 29th, 2012 10:41 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Old Post Jul 29th, 2012 10:57 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I love how Batman is watching the execution and just not giving a ****.

Though the constant wailing on him did make me laugh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2012 12:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Eh, the majority of people Joker has killed wouldn''t have families rich enough to hire the A-list assassins.
Joker probably has thousands of victims with families in all walks of life. It would work like a class action, they all put in whatever they can afford, a few hundred, a few thousand, twenty thousand, fifty thousand... pretty soon it all adds up and they can hire Deathstroke to do the job nice and professional.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 02:01 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

It would actually be a really interesting idea for a story. Batman trying to protect the Joker from Deathstroke, all the while the Joker is trying to escape Batman just to screw with him.

-_-

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 03:29 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by basilisk
Joker probably has thousands of victims with families in all walks of life. It would work like a class action, they all put in whatever they can afford, a few hundred, a few thousand, twenty thousand, fifty thousand... pretty soon it all adds up and they can hire Deathstroke to do the job nice and professional.

That was the opening scene in Kevin Smith's Batman: Cacophony. Deadshot - not Deathstroke - had been hired by a rich family to break into Arkham and kill the Joker, due to the family's young son being killed by a party drug offshoot of Joker Venom called 'Chuckles.' He was nearly ready to do it when Onomatopoeia breaks in and kidnaps Joker for his own plan.

It's the unspoken truth about the Batman stories; that some bystander could gun Joker down in broad daylight, and despite being arrested and James Gordon getting in a tizzy about the necessity of the law, no jury would convict this person when it came time for trial. It's a problem DC created for themselves when they decided to let the character get murderous again after The Dark Knight Returns in the mid 1980's, and it's gotten worse & worse. Hell, Batman has gotten a second villain in that time in Szasz who's a straight up serial killing sicko, and all he does is get sent to Arkham again & again.

Batman, unfortunately, is equated with being the equal of the law & order departments in Gotham City - Spider Man and Daredevil don't have that kind of pressure as vigilantes. The failure of the system is his failure, too. He can say he doesn't have the right to make martial decisions about the worst criminals in the city...but for him and the Gotham police, the argument has looked increasingly hollow; for decades now.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 03:31 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by roughrider
That was the opening scene in Kevin Smith's Batman: Cacophony. Deadshot - not Deathstroke - had been hired by a rich family to break into Arkham and kill the Joker, due to the family's young son being killed by a party drug offshoot of Joker Venom called 'Chuckles.' He was nearly ready to do it when Onomatopoeia breaks in and kidnaps Joker for his own plan.

It's the unspoken truth about the Batman stories; that some bystander could gun Joker down in broad daylight, and despite being arrested and James Gordon getting in a tizzy about the necessity of the law, no jury would convict this person when it came time for trial. It's a problem DC created for themselves when they decided to let the character get murderous again after The Dark Knight Returns in the mid 1980's, and it's gotten worse & worse. Hell, Batman has gotten a second villain in that time in Szasz who's a straight up serial killing sicko, and all he does is get sent to Arkham again & again.

Batman, unfortunately, is equated with being the equal of the law & order departments in Gotham City - Spider Man and Daredevil don't have that kind of pressure as vigilantes. The failure of the system is his failure, too. He can say he doesn't have the right to make martial decisions about the worst criminals in the city...but for him and the Gotham police, the argument has looked increasingly hollow; for decades now.

Hollow? I don't see how.

If Batman killed the Joker tomorrow, he'd be seen as a hero who murders his villains, and while some would sympathise with him, Batman's mental state is going to be called in to question, and the League would hunt him.

No more Bruce as Batman.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 05:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Originally posted by basilisk

Yeah but that's kinda forgetting the fact Joker is nearly as hard to get a jump on as Batman, it's not like he's going to sit around and wait for Deathstroke to kill him. I mean, sure in a straight up fight Joker would get killed, but the fact is he's incredibly smart and well prepared, and would almost certainly hear about it if Deathstroke was gunning for him.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 05:26 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by -Pr-
Hollow? I don't see how.

If Batman killed the Joker tomorrow, he'd be seen as a hero who murders his villains, and while some would sympathise with him, Batman's mental state is going to be called in to question, and the League would hunt him.

No more Bruce as Batman.
He doesnt have to do the deed himself. Remember Tim Drake figured out a way to get Captain Boomerang killed but he bitched out at the last moment.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 05:29 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Hollow? I don't see how.

No more Bruce as Batman.

If he only killed Joker, the League would be concerned and talk with him but I doubt they'd hunt him down and make him stop being a hero. I'm sure they'd understand since many of them have killed someone before.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 05:59 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
If he only killed Joker, the League would be concerned and talk with him but I doubt they'd hunt him down and make him stop being a hero. I'm sure they'd understand since many of them have killed someone before.

Unlike them, though, this is Batman. His mental state has been called in to question before.

And what happens when he kills the next mass-murdering villain? Or does anyone honestly believe it would stop at Joker?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 06:04 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

I'm really curious to see how things go with the jokers upcoming return.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 07:04 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Unlike them, though, this is Batman. His mental state has been called in to question before.

And what happens when he kills the next mass-murdering villain? Or does anyone honestly believe it would stop at Joker?

Then they'll make him retire, and stop him forcefully if they need to. I'd just like to think they'd be disappointed and worried but understanding if one day he got pushed to fire and killed a villain.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 31st, 2012 07:32 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote