KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Gødland

Gødland
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Gødland

(please log in to view the image)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B8dland

I'm probably somewhat alone here, but has anyone else been reading this? I don't hear much talk about it around the forum-- but considering the issues are only released like every 8+ months, I guess that's to be expected.

Anyway, I have to say that there are very few series' that I have enjoyed this much. The plot, artwork, and coloring have been consistently stellar-- and if you're a fan of the Jack Kirby art style, you'll appreciate this series even more. That being said, this saga will end at issue #37, which means there is only one issue left... And I don't know how they can possibly top the last few issues (which were particularly spectacular) but I am confident that the finale issue will be a fitting end to an excellent series.

I'm curious to hear other peoples' thoughts...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 2nd, 2012 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 06:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Re: Gødland

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
(please log in to view the image)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B8dland

I'm probably somewhat alone here, but has anyone else been reading this? I don't hear much talk about it around the forum-- but considering the issues are only released like every 8+ months, I guess that's to be expected.

Anyway, I have to say that there are very few series' that I have enjoyed this much. The plot, artwork, and coloring have been consistently stellar-- and if you're a fan of the Jack Kirby art style, you'll appreciate this series even more. That being said, this saga will end at issue #37, which means there is only one issue left... And I don't know how they can possibly top the last few issues (which were particularly spectacular) but I am confident that the finale issue will be a fitting end to an excellent series.

I'm curious to hear other peoples' thoughts...
Im interested but I havent really heard anything about the series.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 10:07 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

it is good enough that even after i DL'd the series, i actually purchased the trades... and i haven't bought a comic in years(ever since I discovered downloading), so that should tell you how i feel about the series.

...i'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 11:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I love me some Kirby-esque art and stories. Might check this out next week.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 12:34 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

If this isnt good im going to find you. And kill you. Brutally.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 12:47 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I love me some Kirby-esque art and stories. Might check this out next week.
let me know what you think.

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
If this isnt good im going to find you. And kill you. Brutally.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 04:18 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

here's a thinned-out cosmic battle from the latest issue (#36), just to give you guys a feel for what you can expect:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

That is probably the best cosmic/abstract battle I've ever seen (Godland is the shit)... And there's more to it, I just couldn't post the rest due to the 10 thumbnails per post rule.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 3rd, 2012 at 04:29 AM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 04:26 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

DLing now. You had me at Kirby.

-_-

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 05:18 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

here's a thinned-out cosmic battle from the latest issue (#36), just to give you guys a feel for what you can expect:

OOhhh sh!t! that keeping my eye out for this.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 08:38 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Jeez galan you werent lying about the shipping dates. I dont think ultimate wolverine vs Hulk was this bad.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 12:51 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Im on issue 2 and im confused

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 01:00 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Jeez galan you werent lying about the shipping dates. I dont think ultimate wolverine vs Hulk was this bad.
yeah, 8 months between issues seems to be the average.

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Im on issue 2 and im confused
and im not surprised.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 06:18 PM
Cogito

Just finally got my hands on it.

May take me a bit to get around to reading it though...

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2012 02:54 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Awesome. Curious to know what you think...

Old Post Aug 20th, 2012 03:05 PM
Cogito

Through the first 5 issues so far. It's definitely got promise thumb up

'Be.'

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 05:02 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

"Quantum kick to the balls?" erm laughing

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 12:28 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
"Quantum kick to the balls?" erm laughing
Adam Archer (the golden fella who doesn't look like a Galactus analogue) is who's narrating throughout that battle. Given the fact that he is/was just a normal human being who inherited vast cosmic powers, the verbiage he uses is perfectly fitting(for him.)

Old Post Aug 26th, 2012 12:48 AM
Cogito

Originally posted by Cogito
Just finally got my hands on it.

May take me a bit to get around to reading it though...

One year and almost two months, and I'm finally done. Very interesting read. I don't even know how best to describe it. Kind of like a throwback golden/silver age super space cheese mixed with like a new-age abstract drug-fueled characters/dialogue.

And from what I understand the 37th and final issue should be out soon....

'Be.'

Old Post Oct 9th, 2013 05:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Glad you liked it. thumb up

The 72-page finale is supposed to be released in November:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=47537
This will mean it has taken eight f*cking years to finish 37 issues. Absolutely staggering.

Either way, I cannot wait for the final issue. My guess is that it will be an epic conclusion to an epic story. Aside from the massive delays, Casey hasn't disappointed me yet with this project.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 9th, 2013 at 06:43 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2013 06:39 PM
Cogito

I'm really hoping issue 37 is going to shed some more light on Freidrich Nickelhead and that butterfly. I'm still not very clear on what happened there.

Edit: And Lucky, and the wtf the Cosmic Fetus Collective is in the grand scheme of things

'Be.'

Last edited by Cogito on Oct 9th, 2013 at 09:23 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2013 09:18 PM