KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Doctor Leviathan a great web comic

Doctor Leviathan a great web comic
Started by: John Girken

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
John Girken

Doctor Leviathan a great web comic

If you want originality and excitement and a comic book that dose not take its foot off the gas peddle then read this webcomic Doctor Leviathan issue#1. Doctor Leviathan is a violent but exciting comic book that reminds me of the days of the independent comic book boom back in the mid 80s when the Radioactive Black Belt hampsters, Elementals comics and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles roamed the comic book universe along side the Avengers , The X-men and the Fantastic Four. It has been said that the artwork of the sinister characters in this comic reminds you of Clive Barker and Jack Kirby having a love child that created this comic. I am an old school comic book fan that created this webcomic and published it in 2005 as many comic book shops were going out of business and more and more independent publishers were stuggling to get into diamond distribution. I grew up reading comics when comics had alot of originality and were not remakes or gimicks where the main comic book character was killed off for a few issues and then brought back a few issues later just to increase sales. I created Doctor Levathan and wanted to tell an original and intriguing story that you would not forget and even if you didnt like the comic it would leave an impression on you. I was critisized for the violence in the comic but unfortunatly life is not always pretty, the good guy may not always be the hero and for some of us life has been violent. I had a lady e-mail me after she read my comic from michigan and ask me if I had an unhappy child hood. Since she is from michigan and I am a Notre Dame fan from Indiana I kind of enjoyed her critisism..lol go Irish. Another e-mail had come to me from Lousiana asking me what was I smoking when I created this comic. I even had someone saying that I was siding with the devil for making this comic. For every person that hated Doctor Leviathan there was someone who loved it. A young women in Maine picked a copy off the shelf and said after she started reading it she could not put it down. Someone in California wrote me and said they were in the marines and picked up a copy in a comic shop and after reading it had to share it with his buddies back in his baracks. You can not compare the art work and writing of todays comics to Doctor Leviathan because I created it with my heart from the Independent comics of the 80s. There are alot of beautiful colored comics today but tell me where is the originality where is the creativeness. I remember when I was younger and standing in the middle of a drugstore reading the Xmen comic that first featured the new Xmen back in the mid 70s with wolverine , collossus, night crawler, banshee , storm and thunderbird and my mouth fell open as I was amazed at this beautiful and original comic. It broke my heart when they killed off thunder bird a few issues later and I thought that marvel was insane for doing it but again those comics were original. I created Doctor Leviathan to have that same 80s feeling Like those early X-men comics that I loved. Yes today alot of originality is lacking in the comic book industry in my opinon and that is one reason why it is struggling. Some of your best artist and writers are not working for Marvel, Image or Dc but have webcomics online just waiting to be seen or are at some comic book convention standing in line trying to show his art work to his favorite comic book artist. If you like originality and want to read a web comic that will grab you from page one and not let you go then check out our webcomic and let us know what you think and noooooo I dont have bodies under my bed or eat litle kids either. I have heard it all after people have read this first issue of Doctor Leviathan. amazon.com has copies of the first issue of Doctor Leviathan if any of you are interested. You can read this comic at - leviathancomics.com

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 03:20 AM
John Girken is currently offline Click here to Send John Girken a Private Message Find more posts by John Girken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

omgwut

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 06:27 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote