KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Update on Peter David's condition after suffering a stroke.

Update on Peter David's condition after suffering a stroke.
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Update on Peter David's condition after suffering a stroke.

So,

if anyone doesn't know by now, Peter David suffered a stroke over Christmas, and is currently in recovery. Some details:

According to Kathleen David's post, Peter David had not been sleeping well for the past week and experienced blurry vision in his right eye, drooping of one side of his face, loss of feeling in his hand and was unable to move his right leg correctly -- many early warning signs associated with a stroke according to The American Stroke Association. After exhibiting these symptoms during their family's vacation in Florida, the writer was admitted to Celebration Hospital where the decision was made to transfer him to Florida Hospital in downtown Orlando. At Florida Hospital, he underwent an MRI and some other tests, and doctors subsequently determined he had suffered a stroke rather than a heart attack.

Link with more info:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=42906

Honestly, I hope he pulls through. The man's one of my favourite writers, and always comes across as a genuinely nice guy from what i've heard/read.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 05:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

An excellent Spider-Man and Hulk writer.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 08:57 AM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly, I hope he pulls through. The man's one of my favourite writers, and always comes across as a genuinely nice guy from what i've heard/read.
Ditto.

I loved his ST:TNG "giant novel", Vendetta.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 09:59 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I think the worst is probably over. Here's hoping he physically recovers, and glad to hear that the damage seems to be *only* on the physical side of things.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2013 10:39 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Oh God, that's terrible news. I've been a fan of Peter David since he began his Hulk run in the mid-80's and proved to be the best Hulk writer ever (Bruce Jones and Greg Pak are pretty close behind him) and one of the most solid writers in the industry, period. Speedy recovery, Peter.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2013 05:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He's also had input on a game that can be gotten on Xbox live

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Complex

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 01:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Oh God, that's terrible news. I've been a fan of Peter David since he began his Hulk run in the mid-80's and proved to be the best Hulk writer ever (Bruce Jones and Greg Pak are pretty close behind him) and one of the most solid writers in the industry, period. Speedy recovery, Peter.

thumb up His Hulk run is one of my favs. Get well soon.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2013 01:26 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2013 05:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

That's good news!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2013 10:49 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote