KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » If you were a writer...

If you were a writer...
Started by: JayDaDon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruhMan
World Champion

If you were a writer...

If you were a comic writer, what is that one storyline idea you would make a reality?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2013 02:39 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Here's one idea I have: Spider-man and MJ had a child that Norman Osborn kidnapped and ran off with, never (if not rarely) to be mentioned again, assumed dead. My Idea is that Osborn has been keeping the child secret, training her and raising her up to hate and kill spider-man. She would have her inherited spider powers. She would know Spidey's secret identity, but not that she is his daughter(yet). She would be a willing cog in Osborn's plans. From there I imagine it being one of Osborn's grandest assaults against Peter Parker yet.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2013 02:50 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I've had this idea for a while, and I'm actually working on it right now:

Thor vs Hulk-The End

Both heroes are being watched by the Beyonder who takes a great interest in them. He creates midnless copies of former adversaries for the two to overcome. The copies are the exact equals of the characters they are meant to be, only without anything holding them back. Basically my excuse to wank them hard lol.

Beyonder, impressed by the victories teleports both Thor and Hulk to a new planet he created and seals them in an impenetrable forcefield, telling them that the lone survivor will leave. At first, both try and break out and while Thor is trying to find a way, Hulk flings a massive mountain at him. Thor evades it and comes down angrily to hear Hulk's explanation, which is an invitation for the both to finally cut loose on the other. Both grin, lightning streaks, a green aura flickers, and shit gets real.

Here's the intro in the rough draft:

UATU: “Wonders and tragedies. Deeds unknown, yet never forgotten. Struggles of Justice and of destruction. Both sides toppling the other at any sign of weakness. This day, one of those forces will meet its end. With an infinite strength; Strength to crush entire worlds, a monster, will battle with a hero, a god. Bruce Banner carries inside of him the mightiest mortal ever to walk on the face of the blue sphere Earth. A beast of rage, dwelling within his breast, that’s developed a mind. But with reason, its infinite might has lost its leash. Its bottomless power is at its beck and call. But with that might, he's dedicated it to protect the very people that scorn him for his strength. The very people that fear his unmatched might. The creature is known as the Hulk. The Incredible Hulk. A name won with reason. Today the beast will face a hero unlike the universe has ever seen. A noble prince, with power unmatched and honor unsullied. He has dedicated his immortal life on Earth to the safety of its people, and the protection of all who deserve it, and even those who don’t. He is Thor. The Mighty Thor, the Son of Odin, the god of Thunder. Today, one of these forces will be snuffed out forever. Who it will be, I do not know. No matter what happens thus, I may never interfere. For I am the watcher, and I have sworn a solemn oath to only observe and never act until the end of time. But...I can’t help wonder…who of these two is justice...and who is destruction...? ”

I'd do it right. One of them does die, and it won't be via a BS excuse. Though both will be cemented as the top dogs of their weight class.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Last edited by Damborgson on Apr 18th, 2013 at 03:16 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2013 03:13 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I've had several ideas for stories:

Set before the reboot (though would be adaptable once they get together), Lois Lane gets cancer. She'd survive, obviously, but it would give me the chance to explore how deep their relationship is, and i'd finally get to write the Lois I always thought I wanted to see. The story would be focused mainly on Superman, and him slowly losing hope as all of the Kryptonian technology in the world can't cure her. We get to see him hit rock bottom, and how it affects those around him when the Man of Steel doesn't feel like fighting for truth and justice. That he's starting to wonder why, with all he's done, he's being punished like this.

Some key scenes would have been:

Superman accidentally kills one of his villains.

Consumed by rage and frustration, Superman finally loses his shit and flies to a dead solar system and just starts smashing planets, shouting and cursing the gods for what's happening. It would be somewhat reminiscent of the scene in Lois and Clark when, finding out Lois is with Luthor, Superman flies to the arctic and does a proper "nooooo".

Superman (in costume) going to Lex, and revealing his identity, and asking him to save Lois. Lex agrees to help, and eventually cures Lois, but Superman owes him, which would set up future issues.

Other stories:

Aquaman travels back through time to when Greek mythology wasn't mythology at all, and goes up against some of the greatest monsters that have ever lived.

An X-Men arc where Emma confronts Cyclops for all of the horrible things he'd been doing, and she finds out something about him that would be a big twist.

I had an idea for an Avengers story. Basically, set after Secret Invasion, a dead Cap and Thor come to Hank Pym, telling him that Janet's soul is in danger. So the three men set off to the afterlife, and it's basically my big "three heroes go off to war to save the princess" kind of story. We'd see the loyalty that exists between the three Avengers, and how much bromance there is between them.

I have others, but those are my four biggest wants.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2013 03:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-

Set before the reboot (though would be adaptable once they get together), Lois Lane gets cancer. She'd survive, obviously, but it would give me the chance to explore how deep their relationship is, and i'd finally get to write the Lois I always thought I wanted to see. The story would be focused mainly on Superman, and him slowly losing hope as all of the Kryptonian technology in the world can't cure her. We get to see him hit rock bottom, and how it affects those around him when the Man of Steel doesn't feel like fighting for truth and justice. That he's starting to wonder why, with all he's done, he's being punished like this.

Consumed by rage and frustration, Superman finally loses his shit and flies to a dead solar system and just starts smashing planets, shouting and cursing the gods for what's happening. It would be somewhat reminiscent of the scene in Lois and Clark when, finding out Lois is with Luthor, Superman flies to the arctic and does a proper "nooooo".

Superman (in costume) going to Lex, and revealing his identity, and asking him to save Lois. Lex agrees to help, and eventually cures Lois, but Superman owes him, which would set up future issues.

Other stories:

Aquaman travels back through time to when Greek mythology wasn't mythology at all, and goes up against some of the greatest monsters that have ever lived.

An X-Men arc where Emma confronts Cyclops for all of the horrible things he'd been doing, and she finds out something about him that would be a big twist.

I had an idea for an Avengers story. Basically, set after Secret Invasion, a dead Cap and Thor come to Hank Pym, telling him that Janet's soul is in danger. So the three men set off to the afterlife, and it's basically my big "three heroes go off to war to save the princess" kind of story. We'd see the loyalty that exists between the three Avengers, and how much bromance there is between them.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 18th, 2013 04:52 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Other stories:

I Like the last one eventhough Cap/Thor/Iron man is my preferred friendship. I also would like a Ironman/Captain America ongoing in the same vein as Superman/Batman. Like them, cap and iron man are two sides to the same coin, hero of the past meets hero of the future. They compliment eachother amazingly.

Also I like that superman idea too. Its interesting to see him cope with things that should tear most people down emotionally

Last edited by BruhMan on Apr 18th, 2013 at 06:03 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2013 06:00 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Doctor Strange vs. The Living Tribunal rematch

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 18th, 2013 12:44 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm a comic writer, I'd make real the stories they let me publish -too lazy to self-publish-.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 18th, 2013 03:17 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I Like the last one eventhough Cap/Thor/Iron man is my preferred friendship. I also would like a Ironman/Captain America ongoing in the same vein as Superman/Batman. Like them, cap and iron man are two sides to the same coin, hero of the past meets hero of the future. They compliment eachother amazingly.

Also I like that superman idea too. Its interesting to see him cope with things that should tear most people down emotionally

I know that Cap/Tony/Thor is a more central relationship, I just want to see how Hank Pym interacts with the two, and to see that bonds forged by the oldest of Avengers still remain to this day.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 02:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I had one:

Superman/Thor: Last Son of Asgard: Not a typical crossover, but more of a what if/elseworlds story. Essentially, the premise is that during the last days of Krypton, Jor-El sends his infant son via rocket to escape the doomed planet, but instead of reaching Earth, baby Kal is instead enveloped in a strange extra-dimensional storm caused by the overloading of various high tech Kryptonian machines, effectively sending him to Asgard instead.

Kal-El crashes in front of the royal palace of Odin, and after some consideration, is brought into the family, raised alongside the likes of Thor and Loki. Curiously, in spite of him being a mortal, Kal-El has raw physical might that rivals even the mightiest of gods, which endears him to both Thor and Odin. And while he's not proficient in magic (and even seems to be more adversely effected by it compared to the Asgardians), earns the begrudging respect of Loki due to his intellect and wit, being the one person who seems to be able to compete with the trickster mentally. Loki plots to remove Thor so that he would be next in line for the throne, but Kal always seems to get in the way, thwarting his plans. Eventually, Loki discovers the craft Kal arrived to Asgard in, and with some experimenting, activates the crystals inside, effectively learning all there is to know about Kryptonians, something that was previously only known by Odin.

The series would eventually lead to Kal accepting Thor's punishment of banishment to Earth to appease the Frost Giants, a scheme orchestrated by Loki in secret. Incensed that Kal's accepting Thor's punishment, Loki weaves a special spell, having deduced that his strange powers are given to him by sunlight, effectively cutting his body off from absorbing it. As such, Kal is powerless when he's sent to Earth and sustains a brutal leg injury in the process.

Eventually, the story reaches the point with Ragnarok being set in motion as Kal struggles to live among human mortals, making ends meet as a lame legged journalist named Clark Kent. The Twilight of the Gods finally happens, but Odin manages to save both his sons the only way he knows how: stripping them of their respective divinity and sending them to Earth with altered memories, subtly shifting reality in the process. Thor is given the alter ego of Donald Blake, and Loki is given the alter ego of Lex Luthor. In the process, Mjolnir falls from Asgard, hitting Earth.

While on a trip to Norway covering a international summit of LexCorp technology, Clark - working for the Daily Planet alongside Lois Lane - is forced to act when the LexCorp tech goes haywire, causing chaos and devastation, namely in the form of unleashing a horde of Frost Giants! In the crisis, Clark and Lois fall deep into a cave, which is threatening to collapse at any moment. Donald Blake, on scene as a medic, is drawn to help the civilians as best as he can, while Lex Luthor (having secretly planned the whole thing) is impressed with the results and oddly enough, takes a personal sense of joy from watching the chaos. The two briefly glance at one another, almost feeling a sense of recognition before dismissing it.

In the cave, Clark, desperate to save Lois even at the cost of his own life, finds a stick, using it to shift the rocks just enough for Lois to escape, but not before triggering a collapse. But as the cave drops, the stick suddenly transforms into the hammer, Mjolnir, effectively transforming Kal from his powerless mortal self to his fully powered Kryptonian body. Easily escaping the cave and saving the day, Kal realizes that if Mjolnir fell to Earth, then something dire has happened to Asgard. Resolving to put both his Kryptonian powers and the mystical hammer to good use, Kal becomes Earth's newest and greatest champion, using Mjolnir to cleave through dimensions, returning to the ruins of Asgard. While there he discovers the fate of both his Kryptonian home and his adopted one, resolving to honor both as well as the world of mortals.

Meanwhile, the transformation of Mjolnir triggers in Donald Blake all his previous memories as the God of Thunder and does the same for Lex Luthor in his previous life as the God of Mischief. Eventually Kal and Donald (Thor) meet one another as brothers. The Odinspell placed on Blake allows him to lift Mjolnir, but doesn't trigger his transformation back to Thor. Nevertheless, Blake offers to aid Kal as best as he can as an expert on Asgardian lore, confident that the rest of the gods live among mortals and can be found. He also notes that if the gods somehow survived Ragnarok, so too could their enemies.

The story ends with Lex Luthor attempting to merge both technology and ancient magics to undo the Odinspell to return to his godly formand get his revenge on both Kal and Thor.

I had a lot of time on my hands, apparently. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 03:15 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So many fanboy tears will be shed.

Nice premise though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 03:19 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'm sure I'd get plenty of hate mail from both sides.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 03:31 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

That's....very detailed

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 03:40 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I had one:

Superman/Thor: Last Son of Asgard: Not a typical crossover, but more of a what if/elseworlds story. Essentially, the premise is that during the last days of Krypton, Jor-El sends his infant son via rocket to escape the doomed planet, but instead of reaching Earth, baby Kal is instead enveloped in a strange extra-dimensional storm caused by the overloading of various high tech Kryptonian machines, effectively sending him to Asgard instead.

Kal-El crashes in front of the royal palace of Odin, and after some consideration, is brought into the family, raised alongside the likes of Thor and Loki. Curiously, in spite of him being a mortal, Kal-El has raw physical might that rivals even the mightiest of gods, which endears him to both Thor and Odin. And while he's not proficient in magic (and even seems to be more adversely effected by it compared to the Asgardians), earns the begrudging respect of Loki due to his intellect and wit, being the one person who seems to be able to compete with the trickster mentally. Loki plots to remove Thor so that he would be next in line for the throne, but Kal always seems to get in the way, thwarting his plans. Eventually, Loki discovers the craft Kal arrived to Asgard in, and with some experimenting, activates the crystals inside, effectively learning all there is to know about Kryptonians, something that was previously only known by Odin.

The series would eventually lead to Kal accepting Thor's punishment of banishment to Earth to appease the Frost Giants, a scheme orchestrated by Loki in secret. Incensed that Kal's accepting Thor's punishment, Loki weaves a special spell, having deduced that his strange powers are given to him by sunlight, effectively cutting his body off from absorbing it. As such, Kal is powerless when he's sent to Earth and sustains a brutal leg injury in the process.

Eventually, the story reaches the point with Ragnarok being set in motion as Kal struggles to live among human mortals, making ends meet as a lame legged journalist named Clark Kent. The Twilight of the Gods finally happens, but Odin manages to save both his sons the only way he knows how: stripping them of their respective divinity and sending them to Earth with altered memories, subtly shifting reality in the process. Thor is given the alter ego of Donald Blake, and Loki is given the alter ego of Lex Luthor. In the process, Mjolnir falls from Asgard, hitting Earth.

While on a trip to Norway covering a international summit of LexCorp technology, Clark - working for the Daily Planet alongside Lois Lane - is forced to act when the LexCorp tech goes haywire, causing chaos and devastation, namely in the form of unleashing a horde of Frost Giants! In the crisis, Clark and Lois fall deep into a cave, which is threatening to collapse at any moment. Donald Blake, on scene as a medic, is drawn to help the civilians as best as he can, while Lex Luthor (having secretly planned the whole thing) is impressed with the results and oddly enough, takes a personal sense of joy from watching the chaos. The two briefly glance at one another, almost feeling a sense of recognition before dismissing it.

In the cave, Clark, desperate to save Lois even at the cost of his own life, finds a stick, using it to shift the rocks just enough for Lois to escape, but not before triggering a collapse. But as the cave drops, the stick suddenly transforms into the hammer, Mjolnir, effectively transforming Kal from his powerless mortal self to his fully powered Kryptonian body. Easily escaping the cave and saving the day, Kal realizes that if Mjolnir fell to Earth, then something dire has happened to Asgard. Resolving to put both his Kryptonian powers and the mystical hammer to good use, Kal becomes Earth's newest and greatest champion, using Mjolnir to cleave through dimensions, returning to the ruins of Asgard. While there he discovers the fate of both his Kryptonian home and his adopted one, resolving to honor both as well as the world of mortals.

Meanwhile, the transformation of Mjolnir triggers in Donald Blake all his previous memories as the God of Thunder and does the same for Lex Luthor in his previous life as the God of Mischief. Eventually Kal and Donald (Thor) meet one another as brothers. The Odinspell placed on Blake allows him to lift Mjolnir, but doesn't trigger his transformation back to Thor. Nevertheless, Blake offers to aid Kal as best as he can as an expert on Asgardian lore, confident that the rest of the gods live among mortals and can be found. He also notes that if the gods somehow survived Ragnarok, so too could their enemies.

The story ends with Lex Luthor attempting to merge both technology and ancient magics to undo the Odinspell to return to his godly formand get his revenge on both Kal and Thor.

That's an excellent idea for a comic.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 03:50 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I had one...
I find this premise hauntingly intriguing.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 06:14 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I had one:

It's an interesting idea.

I think I would have gone in different directions with it but definitely sounds thought out and good. My favorite part was the idea of Loki becoming Lex. It seems oddly fitting for him.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 06:24 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Damborgson would make Pak go "Dude, tone it down".

I don't like Raoul's Superman story idea (lol, I know).

JakeTheBank's idea I really like, probably because it's not hindered by continuity, and thus he didn't feel the necessity of having random displays of power - just good old fashioned intriguing story and character development. thumb up

I'll try to post an idea this weekend.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 06:28 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 10:58 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

One more comic Idea I have, not really related to Marvel or DC, more in line with something out of Image. It's a detailed one:

It's centers around a 17 year old boy just trying to find his way in high school. One day on a field trip a red watch latches onto his wrist painfully. He cannot remove it so he hides it and tries to continue his life as a normal teenager but every once in a while, the pain shoots through his arm causing intense pain and blackouts(awkwardly at school and in class at times). Just when he's at his wits end, one day he is contacted by what appears to be an attractive young woman, him being a young kid trying to get some, he goes along with her. This is actually a humanoid machine named MOBA using a hologram(haven't figured out what that stands for, I just know that's her name as I picture it)

She tells him that he is one of the "chosen" and how humans are not alone in the universe. There have been aliens visiting earth for centuries and attempts at hostile takeovers that have been thwarted and covered up for years. I won't give the name of them but if it's reminding you of anyone, this is inspired by what I would call a mature take on the Power Rangers. MOBA is their link to the peace keeping organization that wants to recruit him, and she will be a central character to the story. Our hero is eventually told that he was chosen to lead the team (red or colors with red like purple or orange will be team leaders)

The watch is highly sophisticated tech that allows the liquid tech called Skyn to form an armor over the wearer. It provides super strength, speed, enhanced reflexes, advanced tech, universal translators, and knowledge of many forms of martial arts as long as the watch is on(the more MA knowledge the wearer has without the watch, the better they'll be with it)Each armor has a unique power up and weapon that keeps every wearer different. The power ups are important plot points and can actually be traded, given away or stacked.

Anyway, our hero is asked to help the peace keeping organization in charge of extra-terrestrial affairs on earth. They tell him that after transformation, he can remove the watch at anytime or tell them he wants to quit. The kicker is the organization offers many benefits and pays handsomely (there will be some shady affairs going on in the organization) After reluctantly accepting, he becomes the red Skyn wearer and eventually meets up with the yellow and blue skyn wearers, another cocky young man(yellow) and An Asian girl(blue) and they get to work. As it goes on they get a green and pink skyn wearer and what starts out as a job eventually escalates into a war.

The kids spend years together and become close friends and in some cases lovers. The main point of this story will show the slow transformation of normal high school kids(who will be drinking, partying, having sex etc,) into true hardened warriors. There will be many more recruits coming in representing many different colors, also different teams. Quite a few Skyn wearers will die and will have to be immediately replaced(another important point of conflict) The combat is bloody and brutal, eventually there will be some truly gory stuff evil face

The coolest thing I see here is the transformation of our hero from nice kid to hardened leader who is going to have to make some phucked up decisions to keep the earth safe. Eventually he's gonna have a whole lot of responsibility and people looking to him for what to do next. The whole thing starts out breezy and fun, it never really loses the fun, but gets pretty damn serious the further along it goes.

I'd actually really like some feedback on this one. What do you guys think? If you got any ideas or suggestions I'd like to hear em.

Last edited by BruhMan on Apr 19th, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 10:58 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

sad
I suspended my disbelief at Lois getting an untreatable cancer [alien cancer etc.], but Superman 'not feeling like fighting for truth and justice' or killing one of his villains lost me.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 12:59 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote