KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » He-Man’s Dramatic New Look

He-Man’s Dramatic New Look
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

He-Man’s Dramatic New Look

By the Power of Grayskull, He-Man is back! Earlier this month, fans were excited about the launch of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, a new ongoing monthly series by writer Keith Giffen and artist Pop Mhan. This is just the newest piece of good news for the Masters of the Universe; in 2012 MOTU had a #1 iPad action game and the Facebook page is up 25% in six months from word-of-mouth!

Hitting stores in July, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #4 will find He-Man captured by Despara, who is ordered to bring him before Hordak. But that’s not the only reason to be excited about issue #4. The issue’s cover by Ed Benes will also introduce He-Man’s new look for DC Comics!

In the epic war against the forces of Hordak ripping through the pages of the current series, He-Man must don the sacred armor of his ancestors. While fans may be surprised by this turn of events, this dynamic direction for one of the world’s best-known heroes is firmly rooted in the classic legacy of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. After all, so long as you stay true to the core concepts, it’s always exciting to explore new possibilities, right?

Check out the image below to get your first glance at He-Man’s new look, and don’t forget to pick up this exciting new series, in stores now!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 4th, 2013 09:25 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post May 5th, 2013 01:51 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'm okay with this.

Been wondering whether or not I should check out the series.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 07:45 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Re: He-Man’s Dramatic New Look

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
After all, so long as you stay true to the core concepts, it’s always exciting to explore new possibilities, right?

Well said.

I think, in general, writers and creators sometimes to forget the first part (true to the core concepts) when redesigning, and fans tend to forget the latter (that new can be fun) when seeing reboots or redesigns.

I think DC's whole recent reboot is a perfect illustration of this, because most of the books retained the core concepts, while scattered exceptions did not, and fan reaction was generally favorable when the core remained intact (and decidedly venomous when it didn't).

I also think He-Man transitions to new interpretations better than some characters. I can't tell you why - maybe it's just because he's been with so many companies already - but it has never bothered me a ton. I may have to start reading this.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 09:08 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

His abdominal regional looks too Iron Man-y.

Don't like it that.

Otherwise, I strangely like it. Don't know why but it feels very nostalgic 90s to me.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 09:12 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Is this DC's effort to get an equivalent of Thor going?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 7th, 2013 12:07 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Benes used to be better at faces...

Originally posted by roughrider
Is this DC's effort to get an equivalent of Thor going?

That's probably gonna be Captain Marvel.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 7th, 2013 12:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

So who actually owns the He-Man license/property now?

Old Post May 7th, 2013 12:19 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by CosmicComet
So who actually owns the He-Man license/property now?

WB, I think. I know Mattel does both the DC and He-Man toys, so there'd be at least some of the license there.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 7th, 2013 12:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Looks ok but nothing will compare to the 80's cartoon to me.

Old Post May 9th, 2013 04:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote