KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Do you guys think that it is time for Thor to take the reigns of Asgard for Good ?

Do you guys think that it is time for Thor to take the reigns of Asgard for Good ?
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the Darkone

Do you guys think that it is time for Thor to take the reigns of Asgard for Good ?

Have a story where Thor,Odin, Bor, and Buri fight alongside with one another in major battle, as where the Odin force is powerful but incomplete, it's lacking the power and wisdom from the first two patriarchs: Buri (Tiwaz) and Bor, and start new stories as Thor takes cosmic pantheons, cosmic threats and have Red Norvell and Beta Ray Bill as his commanders with Balder, Sif and maybe bring back Classic Loki as "God of Chaos" instead of "God of mischief" ? Or Just have Thor evolving into the furture King of Asgard, and alowing him to use more of godly abilities from Gaea and Odin and less reliance on his hammer Mojlner?

What does guys you think, I want a real debate

Old Post May 11th, 2013 07:00 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Its should have happened a while ago but it never will. As long as thor is grounded with his adventures with the avengers he will never evolve into a true king of asgard. Its similiar to how tony will never settle down and will at some point revert to being a womanizer. Status quo my friend.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 11th, 2013 07:06 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

^
thumb up

Truest statement on this site

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post May 11th, 2013 07:15 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

The King Thor and Rune King Thor storylines already covered this.

Old Post May 11th, 2013 08:33 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

No, but it is time he had a son.

Old Post May 12th, 2013 12:18 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'd like to see Magni appear in a book.

Old Post May 12th, 2013 12:27 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The King Thor and Rune King Thor storylines already covered this.

Im talking about progression, and we see him as King of Asgard and taking on new threats.

Thor having the Odin Force complete with Buri and Bor, and see Thor really take on cosmic deities and maybe some low to mid abstracts. I see there is potential seeing King Thor married with children, and the same with Hercules as he is destine to take over Mt Olympus himself .

Old Post May 12th, 2013 02:34 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No.

Old Post May 12th, 2013 03:18 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Maybe that will happen if Marvel is ever put out of business by Disney.

Then shit will finally start happening. If that were the case, I could see All-Father Thor finally closing the curtains on everything at the end, and giving the readers a final farewell.

Old Post May 12th, 2013 05:19 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I'd like for Thor to develop his own "Thor-Force" instead of relying on the Odin Force to be passed onto him. That's when he should take the reigns of Asgard.

Originally posted by the Darkone
Im talking about progression, and we see him as King of Asgard and taking on new threats.

That ship is sailed. Thor got reverted back to his standard hero form and that's probably where he'll stay. I don't see anyone topping RKT or trying to continue Thor's rule over Asgard like JMS did.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post May 12th, 2013 06:37 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Damborgson
I'd like for Thor to develop his own "Thor-Force" instead of relying on the Odin Force to be passed onto him. That's when he should take the reigns of Asgard.

Well it's no like Odin developed his powers on his. Maybe have Thor merge with a dying Loki and Balder

Or just straight up go to the RKT origins

Old Post May 12th, 2013 09:02 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Well it's no like Odin developed his powers on his. Maybe have Thor merge with a dying Loki and Balder

That could certainly be a possibility. Loki and Balder combine with Thor to create the Thor Force.

The Ragnarok story line should have been the end of prince Thor and had Thor stay a king after his resurrection. Balder could rule while Thor did his avengers stuff, yadda yadda, but Thor would be THE king.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post May 13th, 2013 12:29 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Originally posted by Branlor Swift

RKT works so well because it has him walk the path of Odin and then go one up.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:55 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Thor at Odin's full level isn't a book you could sustain long term - I mean, for decades on end. You start to lack for good challenges for the character when you're at skyfather level. Both Marvel and DC observe this - monthly titles for heroes at herald level but not higher than that. The Spectre once had a monthly title, but that stopped once they confirmed his power status as comparable to Galactus and The Living Tribunal.

Plus if Thor is King of Asgard, it means he can't be a regular Avenger anymore.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 13th, 2013 01:51 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by roughrider

Plus if Thor is King of Asgard, it means he can't be a regular Avenger anymore.

It can only mean good things for Thor to not be associated with them anymore. --Though maybe not from a marketing perspective. Though truth be told they could just have Wolverine permanently replace Thor's spot there and they'd be good, since Wolverine is still massively popular with casuals.

Thor is a team jobber, as a solo character he is a killer.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 03:02 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by CosmicComet
It can only mean good things for Thor to not be associated with them anymore. --Though maybe not from a marketing perspective. Though truth be told they could just have Wolverine permanently replace Thor's spot there and they'd be good, since Wolverine is still massively popular with casuals.

Thor is a team jobber, as a solo character he is a killer.

Well, at first Sentry was the Thor substitute, then it was Ares. I think of Wolverine bringing a bit of Batman flavour to the team, favouring cold & decisive action as he does. Thor is one of the big three in Avengers, with Captain America and Iron Man. Just like Justice League has their big trinity with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman; the only time I've seen that book without the big three all together was the Giffen-Dematteis 'Bwa Ha Ha' days. It doesn't last.

I do like it when Thor is used as a measuring stick for how big the threat is, but yeah when it's done too much you get the rep of being a jobber so Cap & Logan can look good.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 13th, 2013 05:46 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Originally posted by Damborgson
That could certainly be a possibility. Loki and Balder combine with Thor to create the Thor Force.

The Ragnarok story line should have been the end of prince Thor and had Thor stay a king after his resurrection. Balder could rule while Thor did his avengers stuff, yadda yadda, but Thor would be THE king.

Better yet have Buri and Bor come back and fight along their grandson side and then they will sacrifice themselves and become one with Thor who already has the Odin Force which depleting, and in turn Odin force has become the Thor-force more powerful than Odin-Force!!

Old Post May 13th, 2013 10:26 PM