KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Sandman or Lucifer

Which one you prefer more?
This poll is closed.
Sandman 3 50.00%
Lucifer 3 50.00%
Tie 0 0%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sandman or Lucifer
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Sandman or Lucifer

Two of the best books of all time. Which one do you prefer more? Also which character is better? Morpheus or Lucifer?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2013 02:39 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I haven't read Sandman in its entirety yet (planned on it after I finished up Spawn), so naturally I'm going with Lucifer. Actually the only Sandman arcs I read involved Lucifer...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 02:32 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sandman had some great arcs, but I enjoyed Lucifer(both the story and character) much more as a whole.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 02:48 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Lucifer.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 03:50 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Sandman and Morpheus easily, you filthy plebs.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 04:05 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Lucifer

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 04:30 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Lucifer for both.

Easy choice if you ask me.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 06:51 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Lucifer.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 06:54 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Honestly I'm a little surprised by the overwhelming results here

'Be.'

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 07:01 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm not.

Lucifer was just... Better.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 07:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Hail Satan, brah

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 07:21 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 07:31 PM
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm not.

Lucifer was just... Better.

I just expect Sandman to get more love because it's a classic, and was a game-changer. Kind of like how people think Watchmen is the greatest thing ever even though it's perhaps the most overrated comic ever made.

But yeah, Lucifer is still, IMO, at least top 3 if not #1 best series of all time.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hail Satan, brah

thumb up

'Be.'

Old Post Dec 24th, 2013 11:03 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lucifer was more....epic. i liked the character of lucifer better as well. morpheus was so....glum. i loved the endless though. i liked death better than sandman as well. in terms of better stories, that's tough. i think sandman may have had better high points perhaps, but i enjoyed lucifer more overall. both were truly exceptional though.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 08:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Lucifer, hands down.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 03:18 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I enjoyed both but Sandman was a a little better due to Death and the journey of Morpheus and the realization that he can't change who he really is. Can't fault anybody for picking Lucifer though. Carey just knocked it out the park.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:42 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by abhilegend
Sandman was a a little better due to Death and the journey of Morpheus and the realization that he can't change who he really is. .

This. IMO Sandman just had a much stronger conclusion, and while Morpheus was a glum son of a *****, I found it preferable to Lucifers whole "Always in control badass" thing.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 10:34 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Martian_mind
This. IMO Sandman just had a much stronger conclusion, and while Morpheus was a glum son of a *****, I found it preferable to Lucifers whole "Always in control badass" thing.

yeah, i can see where that would be annoying to some. for me, the reason i didn't mind it was simply because he's fuqing lucifer--he SHOULD be in control. the death of sandman was my favourite arc between the 2 series though. when morpheus and death were sitting by themselves and death basically screamed at the furies to f*** off, was one of my very favourite comic moments. i also REALLY liked the opening arc, where he confronted lucifer. like i said, i think sandman had the better high points, but overall i think i enjoyed lucifer more. it's close though.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2013 02:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I agree that Sandman certainly had some excellent arcs('Dream Country' and 'Season of Mists', for example, were absolutely incredible), but yeah, I enjoyed Lucifer much more as a whole.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2013 02:03 AM