KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Top 20 DC/Marvel thru 1980

Top 20 DC/Marvel thru 1980
Started by: Magog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Magog

Top 20 DC/Marvel thru 1980

I would like to get everyone's list of Most Powerful Superheros from the DC and Marvel universes (one list from each)...and it should be ranked 1-20. Their powers will be restricted to their peak thru 1980.

I will be happy to start another thread for discussion of Top 20 Superheros in each universe that includes all characters up thru today, but for now this is restricted to only those who debuted up thru 1980....so that means no Sentry or Lobo for example.

Let the games begin...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2014 03:27 PM
Magog is currently offline Click here to Send Magog a Private Message Find more posts by Magog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I think the easy choices of He-Man and She-ra "most powerful man in the universe", and "princess of power" respectively, just missed your cutoff.

Then again, although somebody told me He-Man, and presumably She-ra as well, had explicit magical blessings to adapt their physical strength to whatever degree was needed, these two were largely limited to physical strength, and could fairly be argued against for lacking ultra-high durability, superspeed, and flight.

I'm inclined to give the Shazam Marvel family the top spots.

Order doesn't matter; their superpower was magical and equal to everyone who possessed it.
For much of the time they were nearly invulnerable to ANYTHING you could think of, even forces that would take down pre-Crisis Kryptonians.

Given those considerations my initial list for DC begins:

1. Mary Marvel
2. Freddy Marvel, Jr.
3. Captain Marvel, William Batson

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2014 07:19 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Superman wins.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2014 03:08 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magog

I appreciate all the input so far... What the f**k?

Okay, I'll edit this down to just one master list of the Top 20 Most powerful Superheroes as of 1980.

I assume the list will begin like this...

1. Superman

Old Post Apr 5th, 2014 08:11 PM
Magog is currently offline Click here to Send Magog a Private Message Find more posts by Magog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

1. Iron Fist
2. Billiam Shazamo
then the rest are just ordering Daredevil, Cap, Batman, and others in 3-20

Old Post Apr 5th, 2014 09:08 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Superman's a good pick, it's hard to mess with PC shenanigans. But PC Legion of Superheroes probably has a couple things to say about it.

Early Thor was written as Marvel's top dog as well, much more so than he is today where now Hulk's on his level and dozens of heralds are trolling about. Stan's on record as saying that he always tried to write Thor as >> other heroes in his early days.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:40 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote