KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Sentry's role and disappearance in Uncanny Avengers.

Sentry's role and disappearance in Uncanny Avengers.
Started by: One_Angry_Scot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

Sentry's role and disappearance in Uncanny Avengers.

I thought I would make a thread about Sentry's role in the comic and his sudden disappearance thanks to the worm and other things related to the poem he quotes.

So I thought during Sentry's first encounter with Thor their were 3 interesting images I picked up and they seem quite interesting the almost indicate an ulterior motive for the Sentry.

(I'm going to have to point to the timescale on the YouTube video as I cant post links)

Go onto YouTube and search for "Thor vs Death Sentry" and click the first video and watch from 1:11 to 1:29 that will show the 3 scans I was speaking of.

I wondered perhaps what this could be. It mentions it's masters which are Uriel and Eimin and the premonition which has now come true since Earth has been destroyed (along with the humans) the mutants have been saved and everyone is on Planet X. So this seems to be the premonition complete but what would Sentry need Thor's aid for now?

Now the next part of my question will be quite long (also apologies if it sounds a bit silly) so as you know if you have been reading the comic the Sentry quotes from the poem known as Rime of the Ancient Mariner and as I started looking through the poem I noticed a lot of similarities between Sentry's story in the comic and what happens in the poem, for example on line 42 and 43 of part 5 in the poem it says.

"It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise."

And ten lines down in the poem it says

"But he said nought to me" which although it doesn't share the same meaning exactly but it is almost a lose wording of how Thor says "I say thee nay!" when he attempts to punch the Sentry. I only take it as being a loose wording as in the poem it features so close together and it does in the comic as well.

And again a couple of lines down in the poem it says "Be calm, thou Wedding-Guest" which again Sentry makes a loose wording by saying "Calm your rage" and again credence is kind of added to the theory by how close it is to each line in the poems.

And coming onto the part of the worm there is again a quote which sounds similar.

"Then like a pawning horse let go,
She made a sudden bound
It flung blood into my head
And I fell down in a swound."

Swound meaning faint/fainted in Old English. And lastly there is a slight indicator if the writers are following the poem that Sentry returns as there is this quote here.

"How long in that same fit I lay,
I have not to declare;
But ere my living my life returned."

So from that we can gather that the Mariner or possibly Sentry will return as ere means before. Again this is if they are following the poem as it clearly looks like they are.

Apologies for the long post.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 11:51 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

It seems Sentry wanted to use Thor to help overthrow the Apocalypse twins when the time was right. Whether a scenario plays out in the future akin to that remains to be seen. And it's doubtful that the happenings in that arc will remain to be canon. So who knows.

I also have my doubts that it based on a poem too, but it's a nice little correlation from you.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2014 12:48 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
It seems Sentry wanted to use Thor to help overthrow the Apocalypse twins when the time was right. Whether a scenario plays out in the future akin to that remains to be seen. And it's doubtful that the happenings in that arc will remain to be canon. So who knows.

I also have my doubts that it based on a poem too, but it's a nice little correlation from you.

I just hope it isn't so cut and dry as that the worm and that's his end, it takes a huge suckerpunch out of a whole part of the story.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2014 01:08 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Well, they did move on to another world.

Which means there is going to be a massive amount of revisiting going on when they tie that arc up. There's a ton of loose ends to tie up with what happened at the end. Whether Sentry's loose end is tied up is a gamble IMO.

No one saw the whole Earth getting destroyed though, so you never know what's going to happen. I'm not a fan of Sentry by any means, but it'll be interesting to see if he gets brought up and what happens.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2014 01:57 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote