KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Favourite Characters/Family of characters in the Marvel/DC Shared Universes

Favourite Characters/Family of characters in the Marvel/DC Shared Universes
Started by: Astor Ebligis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Favourite Characters/Family of characters in the Marvel/DC Shared Universes

Mine:

1. Vertigo Shared Universe/Dark line of the New 52

Some of the best and most mature storylines in comicbook history, and in general the horror/supernatural stuff has always really appealed to me and I've always found it really interesting. Favourite character would be Swamp Thing, followed closely by Constantine.

2. The X-Family of titles

Love the underlying themes and central conflict that runs through all the books, it's been the home to the majority of my favourite characters, and the best Marvel events have been by far the ones centred around the Mutant situation. By far the best out of all the Marvel stuff in other media as well.

3. Baman/Bat-Family

Probably my single favourite character, and definitely one of the darkest most mature lines out there. Some of my favourite stories of all time, but Grant Morrison's run definitely stands out as my absolute favourite.

4. Daredevil

He's consistently been written extremely well and had some really interesting stories. Waid's current run has been great, Frank Miller's was legendary, but it's the stuff by Bendis and Brubaker that made me such a fan of the character. Would recommend reading Frank Miller's run, and then all of volumes 2 and 3.

Old Post May 8th, 2014 02:23 PM
Astor Ebligis is currently offline Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

1. Superman family
2. X-men family
3. Batman family

Old Post May 8th, 2014 03:04 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
1. Superman family
2. X-men family
3. Batman family

laughing out loud

This is, no joke, probably my bottom three among well-known comic groups.

I'll throw you a small bone - I like Batman himself, and his villains, and there are so many filthy mutants that every now and then some will be ok - but still. I lol'd. I'd give up on comics if these were my fandoms.

Anyway:

1. Authority/Stormwatch (WS, not DNCU Stormwatch). They had a great love/hate thing going on, and were just badass teams as a whole.
2. JSA Family (pre-FP). The gold standard for heroism in a team book.
3. Too many to list. Maybe Ultimate FF, maybe pre-FP Flash villains, maybe the extended Spider-verse. There are others as well.

Old Post May 8th, 2014 03:54 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Digi
laughing out loud

This is, no joke, probably my bottom three among well-known comic groups.

I'll throw you a small bone - I like Batman himself, and his villains, and there are so many filthy mutants that every now and then some will be ok - but still. I lol'd. I'd give up on comics if these were my fandoms.

Anyway:

1. Authority/Stormwatch (WS, not DNCU Stormwatch). They had a great love/hate thing going on, and were just badass teams as a whole.
2. JSA Family (pre-FP). The gold standard for heroism in a team book.
3. Too many to list. Maybe Ultimate FF, maybe pre-FP Flash villains, maybe the extended Spider-verse. There are others as well.

Well, I'd think the fact that my fandom actually exists and doesn't gets wiped out by every crisis I think I did rather well. You actually gave up on the comics after Flashpoint, remember?

But drop the condescending tone. You like your comics, I like mine. I couldn't care less about what someone else thinks about those comics I like.

Old Post May 8th, 2014 05:29 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well, I'd think the fact that my fandom actually exists and doesn't gets wiped out by every crisis I think I did rather well. You actually gave up on the comics after Flashpoint, remember?

Not comics. DC comics. I'm back to following Spidey and some interesting indie books.

Continued existence probably shouldn't be the criteria for success. I'd take pre-FP JSA over every incarnation of most books. But yeah, FP wrecked my interests.

But drop the condescending tone. You like your comics, I like mine. I couldn't care less about what someone else thinks about those comics I like.

Obviously. Wasn't suggesting otherwise.

Last edited by Digi on May 8th, 2014 at 06:10 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2014 06:06 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astor Ebligis
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've never been able to get into Spiderman. The tone's always been way too lighthearted for my liking.

1. quanchi112
2-9. Various posters
10. Nai

Old Post May 8th, 2014 08:51 PM
Astor Ebligis is currently offline Click here to Send Astor Ebligis a Private Message Find more posts by Astor Ebligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Galactus and Galacta.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 9th, 2014 12:53 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Pym's robot family & now cat family
Heroes 4 hire
Academy kids

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post May 9th, 2014 01:57 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

No fans of Marvel's first family?

Also the Endless.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 9th, 2014 06:21 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Endless Mike
No fans of Marvel's first family?

Also the Endless.

Both solid picks.

Old Post May 9th, 2014 06:44 PM
neighborsmovie

Galactus and Galacta

Old Post May 13th, 2014 03:46 PM
neighborsmovie is currently offline Click here to Send neighborsmovie a Private Message Find more posts by neighborsmovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote