KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Angela

Angela
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Angela

What is the story with this character? She is a kidnapped Asgardian, but is she Freya's daughter?

Why does she appear to be more powerful than the average Asgardian?

Why is she able to fly, while other Asgardian's can not?

Did Marvel make the right choice by making her an Asgardian, instead of a unique character?

I really liked the idea of her joining the Marvel universe, right up until she became the next Asgardian. Not sure if I'm alone in this feeling, but she seemed more interesting when no one really knew her full origins.

Will she become the next Sif, or Brunhilde? Both of these characters were all but swept under the carpet, will this happen to Angela as well?

Any comments on her would be great.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 05:52 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

She is Thor's sister is all I know

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 05:56 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Haven't even been following Original Sin

but so far from what i've seen around the web its just a heap of retcons.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 06:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

f'n TERRIBLE idea for the character. i was excited when she first showed up. now, couldn't care less if i ever see her again. i thought maybe marvel finally had a great female protag. now she'll be in thor's shadow always. hell, they'd have been better off making her a villain instead of this. marvel needs a female antag as badly as it needs a female protag--maybe even moreso.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 02:31 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Now there is a FEMALE Thor! eek!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 06:08 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

they tried thor-girl once upon a time.....that MAY have been a worse idea than this one. *pauses* nah.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 07:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
f'n TERRIBLE idea for the character. i was excited when she first showed up. now, couldn't care less if i ever see her again. i thought maybe marvel finally had a great female protag. now she'll be in thor's shadow always. hell, they'd have been better off making her a villain instead of this. marvel needs a female antag as badly as it needs a female protag--maybe even moreso.

As long as she stays with the GOTG, and not constantly in Asgard this could work, but I was just hoping that they were going to go with the Angelic theme. I agree 100% with what you said about her being overshadowed by Thor. Let's hope that she isn't.

Last edited by Stoic on Jul 19th, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 12:45 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Rage says she's going to beat up on Thor. I was wondering though. Who's older? If Thor had no idea that he had a sister does this mean that she may have been born first? Also the Angelic like women of Heven seemed to be written like evil selfish people or whatever they are. I guess I should call them the Hevenites? Hevenians? Pfft... Whatever, so far her story seems to be getting more interesting with every book.

Last edited by Stoic on Jul 26th, 2014 at 01:26 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 01:24 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

They seriously spelled it "Heven"?

That is beyond lame.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 10:43 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Endless Mike

That is beyond lame.

Aaron's stuff is also hit or miss.

It's either great or the dumbest ****en things.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 10:47 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looking forward to this ongoing

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 05:59 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Endless Mike

That is beyond lame.

Yep as not to be confused with the biblical destination or home of the Angels I'm presuming. I can't wait for the next book. Wish there were some previews available.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:08 PM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Does she still use those ribbons like spawn used his chains? Iv avoided this but I'm curious.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 01:00 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote