KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » (Holy political correctness batman!) Thor is now a woman!

(Holy political correctness batman!) Thor is now a woman!
Started by: dmills

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dmills
Centurion Prime

(Holy political correctness batman!) Thor is now a woman!

Last edited by dmills on Jul 15th, 2014 at 05:18 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:13 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Eh, Comics do stuff like this all the time. It's not like it's a permanent change or likely even the true thor. So I wouldn't flip out about PC. Just another temp sale boost tactic like always.

He'll be back in time for Thor 3 or Avengers 2

Props to Scythe for the sig

Last edited by Lek Kuen on Jul 15th, 2014 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:22 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Eh, Comics do stuff like this all the time. It's not like it's a permanent change or likely even the true thor. So I wouldn't flip out about PC. Just another temp sale boost tactic like always.

He'll be back in time for Thor 3 or Avengers 2

quote:
"The inscription on Thor’s hammer reads ‘Whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.’ Well it’s time to update that inscription," says Marvel editor Wil Moss. "The new Thor continues Marvel’s proud tradition of strong female characters like Captain Marvel, Storm, Black Widow and more. And this new Thor isn’t a temporary female substitute – she’s now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!"
Series writer Jason Aaron emphasizes, "This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:38 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'll believe it if it sticks for 3 years. And if no sign of change after thor 3

Outside of not believing anything marvel says, I don't think they are that lazy

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:41 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: (Holy political correctness batman!) Thor is now a woman!

Originally posted by dmills
O...M...G...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...r=Entertainment

LMAO

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:42 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

It makes sense for how the hammer is supposed to work.

I have one question is this supposed to be Dr Blake where Thor's spirit resides in the woman or are they going to be separate entities in this arc?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:50 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Separate. Apparently, the real Thor is going to use that one celestial killing axe (forgot it's name).

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:52 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by ares834
Separate. Apparently, the real Thor is going to use that one celestial killing axe (forgot it's name).
I think this could be an interesting story.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 05:55 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i am interested so will buy..

i do think that Marvel will find some way to bring back Thor in man form though

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 06:11 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by dmills
O...M...G...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...r=Entertainment
So...Thor is being punished by being turned into a woman.

If she learns her lesson, becoming honorable and worthy, she becomes a man again?

Interesting message here.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jul 15th, 2014 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 06:13 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Mindship
So...Thor is being punished by being turned into a woman.

If she learns her lesson, becoming honorable and worthy, she becomes a man again?

Interesting message here.
From the sounds of it the woman is going to be a different person than Thor.

So Thor becomes unworthy and some lady picks the hammer and gains the powers of Thor.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 06:19 PM
ares834

Yep. Ten bucks says it's Angela.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 06:22 PM
Fallschirmjäger

Smile

So the next time that one woman in Whiterun walks by you and asks you if you can't stand the sight of a strong Nord woman, I guess we gamers will have to look the other way or face a lawsuit by Jarl O' Donnell? stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 06:23 PM
Fallschirmjäger is currently offline Click here to Send Fallschirmjäger a Private Message Find more posts by Fallschirmjäger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
Yep. Ten bucks says it's Angela.
first person i thought of, too.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 06:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

t-minus how long until she sleeps with wolverine?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 07:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallschirmjäger

My old reply:

"So the next time that one woman in Whiterun walks by you and asks you if you can't stand the sight of a strong Nord woman, I guess we gamers will have to look the other way or face a lawsuit by Jarl O' Donnell? stick out tongue."

I'm past the 15 minute editing period, so let me re-phrase this and say that the Nord warrior who looks the wrong way at that woman in Whiterun will have a lawsuit by Jarl O'Donnell, with judges Goldberg and Behar and Couric presiding on a hung jury...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 07:54 PM
Fallschirmjäger is currently offline Click here to Send Fallschirmjäger a Private Message Find more posts by Fallschirmjäger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Anyone know how long Masterson was Thor? In guessing that this is similar to that.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 08:14 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

If this lasts longer than like, 3 months I will literally drop every single Marvel book on my pull list. I'm so sick of this bullshit.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 08:26 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

So Thor will still be around, and they are going to have a second character also named Thor thats a woman...

And they honestly dont think people are going to call her "She-Thor"...

Isnt Angela a red head, i guess they could change it but idk, im guessing they want to go with Valkyrie.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 08:40 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

They better keep the real Thor's book going, if they cancel T:GOT for this crap I'm going to be so pissed.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 08:51 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote