KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC announces Convergence, a 9 week event.

DC announces Convergence, a 9 week event.
Started by: One_Angry_Scot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

DC announces Convergence, a 9 week event.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 12:00 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

meh. sounds like one more confusing mess. 40 2-part minis?! lol yeah, doesn't sound complicated or hard to follow. not sounding awesome to me.....

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 12:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hope the artwork is good....

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 07:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I'm not really down with this idea, DC just needs to commit to the reboot.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 10:05 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It never takes them long to mess with continuity. I love it. Bring back the confusing shenanigans. I can't wait to see the 100+ questions they leave open after answering 2-3 about overall continuity. Bonus points if they manage to squeeze pre-original-crisis stuff in there too.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 10:15 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

...I may just stop reading Marvel and DC all together when this BS begins.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 10:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

I'm with Galan, this is becoming ridic.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 12:28 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Chill, guys. This is just a filler event. It's only going to run a few months, so everyone can transition to the move to Burbank, Ca. DC confirmed this month's ago.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 12:39 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Don't care how long ago it was confirmed. It's still stupid.

Anyway, this goes all the way back to a question I posed a few years ago:
The New 52... Will it last?
Yep, even back then it seemed like this sort of thing(ie. pre-Flashpoint DC being reintroduced) was left as a strong possibility--but now, DC is fully opening that can of worms... Called it, though. #Precog #IMightBeGod

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 4th, 2014 at 02:17 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 02:03 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Don't care how long ago it was confirmed. It's still stupid.

Anyway, this goes all the way back to a question I posed a few years ago:
The New 52... Will it last?
Yep, even back then it seemed like this sort of thing(ie. pre-Flashpoint DC being reintroduced) was a strong possibility--but now, DC is fully opening that can of worms... Called it, though. #Precog #IMightBeGod

The new 52 is still going to last, though. Sales have been healthy and the highest it's been since the 60's. I doubt they're going to reboot it, but anything is possible.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 02:18 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Their target audience, tbh, is me, and those like me. They want to keep their current sales while placating those who felt shafted by Flashpoint with characters and titles they had followed for years. Because that's exactly what drove me away. Otherwise there's a decent chance I'd still be picking up 3-4 books a months. With the original crisis, the fandom wasn't what it was, so their world-erasing shenanigans were easier to sweep under the rug.

Not gonna lie; I'm going to read it. I doubt it will bring me back though.

Last edited by Digi on Nov 4th, 2014 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 03:32 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

New promo:
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 5th, 2015 at 04:06 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 04:03 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by leonidas
meh. sounds like one more confusing mess. 40 2-part minis?! lol yeah, doesn't sound complicated or hard to follow. not sounding awesome to me.....
Sounds terrible.

Also I think PG was right when he said Golgo was a DC PR guy.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 04:41 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Supposedly, only one universe will remain. Quite similar to Marvel's Secret Wars/Battleworld.

Can't wait for the Wetworks to appear again. Been waiting a while, so I hope DC has plans after Convergence.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 04:51 AM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

By similar do you mean exact copy of an ongoing series? Not saying marvel doesn't copy stuff but

Damn.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 01:58 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Sounds terrible.
thumb up

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 04:01 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
By similar do you mean exact copy of an ongoing series? Not saying marvel doesn't copy stuff but

Damn.

One world will be left for Marvel. One universe will be left for Dc. Or one reality. Plus the whole alternate reality battles that will be taken place.

Can't wait to see what roles Injustice characters will have.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 06:02 PM
BeyonderGod

Convergence is gonna start because of Secret Wars just like Crisis did.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 06:37 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

lol at this ridiculousness

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 06:42 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Convergence is gonna start because of Secret Wars just like Crisis did.

Both events have been years in the making. Hard to say which one came first.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 07:04 PM