KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Is somewhere fictional character with unlimited speed?

Is somewhere fictional character with unlimited speed?
Started by: pain100

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pain100

Question Is somewhere fictional character with unlimited speed?

who?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 08:27 PM
pain100 is currently offline Click here to Send pain100 a Private Message Find more posts by pain100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

There is the absolutely terrible Star Trek: Voyager episode "Threshold" when they presumably went so fast they were everywhere at once and then mutated into lizards. Don't watch this if you value your time and sanity.

From the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Infinite Improbability Drive can occupy all points of space and time in every universe simultaneously. Read the books, they're really funny.

There are some characters that have arbitrary but not infinite speed, for example the Black Flash from DC is always faster than whoever he''s chasing, and the Stand Notorious B.I.G. from the manga Jojo's Bizarre Adventure responds to motion and can make itself faster than anything it is chasing with no upper limit.

From the same manga, the Stand Gold Experience Requiem exists outside of time and causality and can react to negate an attack at any speed, even in cases where time is frozen or ceases to exist.

In addition, the Stand Stairway to Heaven can supposedly accelerate the entire universe so fast until only God and the Stand's user can keep up before resetting the universe.

Characters like Marvel's Eternity, who are omnipresent, could be considered to have "unlimited speed".

Time traveling characters can also seem to have arbitrarily high speed by abusing time manipulation.

Just some answers off the top of my head.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Dec 29th, 2014 07:53 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sans teleportation and/or time manipulation, I don't think any character possesses truly unlimited/infinite running or flying speed. Flash would likely come closest to that sort of potential, given that his speed is derived solely from an infinite reservoir of extra-dimensional energy(the Speed Force)--but I don't think it has ever been stated that he can run at "mph". /shrug

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
for example the Black Flash from DC is always faster than whoever he''s chasing,
Final Crisis capped Black Flash's speed at c. That's why Wally/Barry were able to outrun him by exceeding the speed of light.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 29th, 2014 at 06:53 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2014 06:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I tend to disregard that as bad writing as he obviously was faster than that before.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Dec 31st, 2014 08:00 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I always thought Flash was unlimited speed. Only held back by the possibility that he can go into the speed force if he goes to fast and might not be able to slow down to get back out.

Is there a limit to how much Zoom could slow down time relative to himself?

For instance could he turn an Attosecond into a few billion millennia?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 04:50 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote