KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC Comic Reveals He-Man: Eternity War

DC Comic Reveals He-Man: Eternity War
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

DC Comic Reveals He-Man: Eternity War

(please log in to view the image)

Masters of the Universe fans have a new comic book series to look forward to in December. DC has announced He-Man: The Eternity War, the latest chapter in their ongoing Master of the Universe saga. The new series will replace the current He-Man and the Masters of the Universe ongoing series, as He-Man and friends enter a new phase of their war against Hordak. Both Hordak and Skeletor will be central figures in the conflict, with the fate of Eternia itself hanging in the balance.

But while the name has changed, the new series will be helmed by He-Man veterans—writer Dan Abnett, interior artist Pop Mhan, and cover artist Stjepan Šejić. The story for Eternity War was developed by Rob David, who serves as Head Writer for the Masters of the Universe franchise for Mattel's Playground Productions studio.

Things haven't been working out too well for He-Man and his pals since DC kicked off the current Masters of the Universe saga in 2012. The first mini-series saw Eternia enslaved by Skeletor and He-Man's memory wiped. And no sooner did they topple Skeletor's regime than Hordak moved in, setting the stage for the current volume. He-Man and his team also recently crossed paths with the Justice League in DC vs. the Masters of the Universe.

"This is the big one! The epic! So much MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE lore and mythology sweeping together in one epic storyline! He-Man, She-Ra, and their allies combine to take Eternia back from Hordak in the war to end all wars . . . and there are other sinister threats lurking in the shadows,” Abnett said in DC's press release. “Did I say epic? I think I did. Twice. And Pop is a genius! His art is amazing. He's the sort of artist that writers long to write for! I can't properly express how excited I am about this book."

David said, “This is our Ragnarok, our Twilight of the Gods, the epic showdown He-Man fans have been waiting for. It’s He-Man vs. Skeletor, She-Ra vs. Hordak, Masters vs. Dark Masters—all fighting for control over Castle Grayskull. In the end, winner takes all. Who will become the Master of the Universe? Nothing will be the same after this.”

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 07:06 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 07:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote