KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Oldest active heroes

Oldest active heroes
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Oldest active heroes

Not counting immortals, extended life spans, time displacement, or some sort of cryogenics.

Who are the oldest heroes, Marvel and DC or other?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 01:56 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Sentry

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 02:19 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: Oldest active heroes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Not counting immortals, extended life spans, time displacement, or some sort of cryogenics.

Who are the oldest heroes, Marvel and DC or other?

Hm, not counting immortals...? That makes it hard. Namor's not immortal but he's pretty old. May be him. Probably him, really, unless you count that as 'extended life span.'

Due to the reboot, most of DC's are out of the running, everyone's super-young nowadays. Pre-reboot, Jay Garrick and Alan Scott were the shoe-ins.

Judge Dredd is interesting in that it's run real-time since the late 70s, and the main character didn't start young.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 02:47 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Re: Oldest active heroes

Originally posted by Q99

Judge Dredd is interesting in that it's run real-time since the late 70s, and the main character didn't start young.

I read they made him older as soon as Rebelllion took over the publisher

one i can think of is Sereph, One of Wolvie's old girlfriends.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 18th, 2015 at 11:06 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 10:52 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thanks for the replies.
I'd call Namor an extended lifespan, same as Wolverine.
Why was Sentry brought up i wonder. How old is he ?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 10:59 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by riv6672
Thanks for the replies.
I'd call Namor an extended lifespan, same as Wolverine.
Why was Sentry brought up i wonder. How old is he ?
Sentry has been around since the late 50s and retroactively taught like every super hero everything.
His immortality hasn't really factored in to that though so I wouldn't consider it. Same as Namor. However unlike Namor and Wolverine he was a hero the entire time until Seige really, well not evil anyway, just an old man

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 03:58 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: Re: Re: Oldest active heroes

Lesse, other books... Fred Perry's Gold Digger has Theo Diggers, who's I think in his 70s nowadays. He's not super-active, but he does return to the field occasionally in big throw-downs, and as a mage that's fine. A lot of the old-gen heroes in GD are fairly old, often originally active in the 50s/60s, before a huge incident convinced a lot of them to 'retire' (by which I mean, many left the public eye but still hero). Debra and Miracle and Xane are likely disqualified for either not aging or aging slowly, but Justice Beetle and others are in.

Originally posted by Kazenji
I read they made him older as soon as Rebelllion took over the publisher

2000ad has steadily aged him. He's had treatments to keep him in fighting shape, but time has passed year-for-year from the beginning.

Last edited by Q99 on Feb 19th, 2015 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 08:44 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Puck is 100 years old.

Operative from Aquaman's Others is pretty old.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 10:13 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Destroyer (Kevin "Keen" Marlow)

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 01:38 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

There was an old issue where Batman met Sherlock Holmes when the latter was like 130 and he could still do martial arts and kick people's asses.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:06 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Really, it depends on where you draw the line on 'extended life span.'

Old Post Mar 7th, 2015 07:08 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Endless Mike
There was an old issue where Batman met Sherlock Holmes when the latter was like 130 and he could still do martial arts and kick people's asses.

That sounds incredible.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 03:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote