KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel Comics promises a long awaited return...

Marvel Comics promises a long awaited return...
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Marvel Comics promises a long awaited return...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...-awaited-return

Who could they be talking about? It's a cosmic character, no doubt.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 07:31 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I hope it's the Sentry, after he shot off into the sky with Exitar's corpse and with him having knowledge of the White Hot Room he is pretty up there in cosmic terms. Not saying he is Abstract Tier himself but he has a lot of knowledge and is extremely powerful.

Plus when he flew off in Uncanny Avengers #22 he said.

"I've enjoyed being an Avengers today Janet. Have no fear -- I'll take a great journey. Moving Exitar's body far from Earth. But, even then, know this... The Celestials wrath will be mighty"

Him saying he enjoyed being an Avenger could fit with the "I knew this was my chance to be a hero" thing. If we remeber after a while the effects of the Death Seed are said to wear off. And it happened with Daken and the Grim Reaper. Who is to say that the Sentry returns from deep space free of the Death Seed's influence. Or not and he retains the Death Seed persona but he has mastered it so to speak. I mean he rebelled against the Apocalypse Twins from the start so why not.

Of course the symbol in the picture looks a lot like Quasar or the original Captain Marvel symbols on their chests. But then if it was any of them 2 (or a hero at all for that matter). Why would the said character say,

"I knew this was my chance to be a hero"

It wouldn't make sense for a hero to make that comment. It either has to be a redeemed villain, anti-hero or a character that is doubting himself and then saves a group of people.

Excuse my tinfoil hat Sentry theories by the way. I always get really into discussing it when there is the opportunity.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 07:58 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Quasar or Richard Rider

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2016 11:22 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 01:24 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
It's a new female Quasar.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04...-entertainment/

Hugely disappointing from Marvel but exactly what I would expect... replace an established character who has his own history with some unnecessary new and lame female version. Why not create a new female character? Why not get some female creators to come up with something of their own instead of just more copies and replacements? Are they that afraid that nobody will be interested? Just give it a go, if it fails at least they tried. Anything would be better than ruining these old characters.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 03:36 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by basilisk
Hugely disappointing from Marvel but exactly what I would expect... replace an established character who has his own history with some unnecessary new and lame female version. Why not create a new female character? Why not get some female creators to come up with something of their own instead of just more copies and replacements? Are they that afraid that nobody will be interested? Just give it a go, if it fails at least they tried. Anything would be better than ruining these old characters.

This is the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

It's very difficult to establish new characters in Marvel/DC's main universes and make them stick.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 06:46 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

My first thought was Marvelman.

Didn't Marvel promise us some story with him? Like, years ago? Lol.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 07:38 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

I think with Marvelman they're re-releasing all the Moore/Gaiman stuff then doing a new series once that's all done.

My first thought was Mar-Vell, which I really don't think needs to be done tbh.

If it is a new female Quasar, what happened to Wendell? Didn't we last see him in Annihilators and he was fine?

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 11:29 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He just quit and gave the bands to her.

**** you marvel.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2016 04:18 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by abhilegend
It's a new female Quasar.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04...-entertainment/

Why not just bring back Phyla-Vell, Marvel?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 28th, 2016 04:06 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I was hoping for Genis-Vell, I knew it wouldn't be him though. erm

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 06:29 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by basilisk

thumb up thumb up

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote