KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Civil War II

Civil War II
Started by: Jury

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jury
Extreme Member

Civil War II

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 04:01 PM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's garbage.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 07:06 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

From what I've seen so far, it ranges from very average to garbage. A lot of the characterization seems forced basically to to fit the plot that they want to do. And Bendis sucks.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 10:38 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I haven't been following it, Only seeing the death's that happen through social media from various comic book news sites.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 12:06 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, most has not been very good. even the premise it...kinda weak to try and create an 'event' around for the whole MU. sure i could see some debate and strong opinions regarding ulysses. but trying to force an event with that as the root? pretty weak imo.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 04:30 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

It's about as poor as the first CW was.

Although at least the debate in it is a bit more two sided. But at least by now in Civil War there had been a battle that was somewhat decent, which looks like we won't get till at least next issue here as this series is almost twice as long because Bendis is bad at pacing.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 04:54 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Bendis is bad at pacing.
Come to think of it, Bendis is bad at most stuff that has anything to do with writing - pacing, dialogue, characterization, plotting... he should just hand over his ideas to proper writers, who could then throw 95% of it straight in the garbage and maybe salvage something of what's left. The Ulysses thing maybe could have gone somewhere interesting but not in Bendis's feeble hands.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 01:46 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Eh Bendis has had some good stuff in the past, albeit not recently imo.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 03:52 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He was doing good on the current Iron Man book for its first story arc, Then business as usual for Bendis after that

feels like he needs a break from comic book writing.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 06:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Heh, maybe I am a little too harsh on Bendis at times, I have thought in the past that he had some interesting ideas here and there (although that from what I've seen recently I though that current Iron Man series looked absolutely terrible). A break probably wouldn't hurt him.

I won't forgive him for taking over and revamping Guardians, Nova etc though.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 02:43 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by basilisk
(although that from what I've seen recently I though that current Iron Man series looked absolutely terrible).

Which one?....there's currently two ongoing books out, Could be thinking of the one with Alex Maleev.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2016 01:37 AM
basilisk

Originally posted by Kazenji
Which one?....there's currently two ongoing books out, Could be thinking of the one with Alex Maleev.

Yeah, one had the decent Deodato art and looked half interesting early on, although the last issue I saw was pretty typical Bendis.

The main one I'm thinking of is probably the Maleev one. I don't really like the art style for that sort of comic, and the whole Bendis messing with Stark's parents thing - no thanks. That guy shouldn't be allowed to mess with anything important.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2016 04:17 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That whole idea with Stark's real parents started with Kieron Gillen when he did a run on Iron Man....but course Bendis had to keep poking the fire.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 01:42 AM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

what is it even about?

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 09:46 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by SevenShackles
what is it even about?

Think something along the lines of Minority Report

when a new Inhuman named Ulysses emerges with the ability to predict the future, One side wishes to use him to stop future incidents before they happen and the other side doesn't want that.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 09:48 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

when a new Inhuman named Ulysses emerges with the ability to predict the future, One side wishes to use him to stop future incidents before they happen and the other side doesn't want that.

that's what its all over? that does sound like a lame premise to bring together all of the marvel universe.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 07:49 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by staxamillion
that's what its all over? that does sound like a lame premise to bring together all of the marvel universe.

In Force Works, Tony built the chaos computer which used Scarlet Witch's probability powers to predict future events and proactively stop crises. In Civil War II he opposed the use of Ulysses to do basically the same. I guess he changed his mind.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 01:56 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

It's sounds like a decent premise the more I think of it now. with all the reality bending/universe shattering stuff going on right now it does seem more apt for them to preempt a threat instead of finagling a way that possibly might rupture the time/space.

@ the same time it sounds like something the x-men or avengers have handled before. I guess im interested enough to give it a shot.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 02:51 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm getting ready for Civil war 3 big grin big grin big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 07:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So I was away from comics pretty much the whole year, was this the most awesome event ever or what?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 07:18 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote