KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » series synopses

series synopses
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

series synopses

so, i had this idea: since so many people don't or can't read current material (sometimes time, sometimes money, sometimes scruples...) i thought it might be cool if people dropped in to this thread and gave a short (or long) summary of some of the recent goings on in series they are reading. could be any series and cover...whatever amount of material you feel like discussing.

for example, i haven't followed ss in a long while and have...no idea at all what's happening in that series. i've read bits and pieces of many dc and marvel books in the last few months, but i'm not religiously following any one series (though i do usually catch up with the main ones, eventually....)

so, any series, any length that will get the gist of the series across would be awesome and maybe serve to both educate and get people reading more for better informed discussion.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 01:34 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

anyway, i guess i can start. the only series i am fully up to date on atm is lazarus. i still think its the best series going. it's set in a not-too-distant future where the world has been divided by financial boundaries instead of political ones, and only certain families control all the money and power. most of the families possess a LAZARUS--a modified human who serves them as their greatest weapons.

for a long time there was a general peace among the families, but recent events have caused that to change and war has broken out. lazari have been battling lazari in some of the best fight scenes in comics as family alliances have crumbled and betrayal has run rampant. much of the series focuses on world building--how the 'waste' (people not part of or working for a Family) survive in this world. they do not do it easily. another part focuses on the mystery of forever carlyle--the lazarus of the carlyle family, perhaps the most powerful of all the families. she is searching for who and what she is, while keeping her search from the family. she has discovered some disturbing things about her origin recently and while she is determined to sort them out, she is at war with other families and their lazari. here are a couple scenes of the most recent book:

https://imgur.com/a/4UKvY

awesome read. can't recommend it enough. thumb up

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 01:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Sounds good.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 05:21 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

what's happening in GL abhi?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 03:01 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It is arc based. First arc dealt with Sinestro, second was with Brainiac and Larfleeze, third regarding Blue Lanterns, fourth with Kyle and Soranik's son coming from future to destroy GLC, next are the new gods, two issues with Superman and the current arc is Controllers trying to destroy Ganthet and Sayd.

It's very good.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 04:08 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 08:36 PM