KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Metal

Metal
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

metal

anyone enjoying this? snyder is undoubtedly one of my fave writers, but....i'm not really all-in with this thing yet. haven't read all the current tie-ins but it's not really dragging me in, or getting me excited to read them. maybe it gets better? /shrug

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 12:04 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I'm loving it. It's totally nonsensical and revels in it.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 04:09 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

read a couple more issues today. i am starting to get into it. just hard to see all these alternate batmen as being....multiversal level threats? some of them are cool, no doubt, it just seems odd to me, and the weird metal just doesn't FEEL like a huge threat. /shrug

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 10:57 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The Dark Knights aren't Multiversal, but Barbatos probably is.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 11:43 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hypertime was shown on panel. i officially LOVE this series. thumb up

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 12:22 AM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

I love how completely mental this series has been.

I mean beyond all the references to his own run, Snyder is using all the crazy Morrison stuff from before the N52, Challengers of the unknown, Detective Chimp and next issue Dream seems to have a big role to play (which makes sense given the Dark Multiverse is a load of nightmares made into universes or whatnot).

It's like the least street level, dark and gritty Batman story ever and it's great.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 06:52 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, took me a while to warm up to it, but i'm really enjoying it too. lol i love snyder so i'm glad this is working itself out. hope the end doesn't disappoint.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 08:33 PM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

So err, today's issue was full on madness once again.

It was great. Did not expect a certain telepathic starfish to appear, but clearly in this series anything can happen.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 12:29 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I do not like the fact that BA one shotted Dr Fate
but its fun to see Dream of the Endless explains of Dark Multiverse, Barbatos seems pretty uber with burning stories and all, reminds me of mandrakk

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 05:33 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

It was great. Did not expect a certain telepathic starfish to appear, but clearly in this series anything can happen.

Starro was also called the most powerful telepath in the universe and he doesn't need his mini starfish to control people, anymore.

I was also surprised to see Onimar Synn.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 12:22 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

yeah lol that was my fave issue so far. starro, onimar sunn and dream! no wonder i love synder.

can't wait to see diana beat the holy f*** out of adam...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 11:22 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i really dislike the hawkman part of the metal story. honestly it just seem to fit. he's portrayed as this guy who has always tried to solve mysteries, but....that isn't hawkman. at least not the hawkman i'm familiar with. it feels forced and...pointless to me. /shrug

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 06:01 PM