KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Violence in Comics

Violence in Comics
Started by: Drsoe08

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drsoe08
Nutjob

Violence in Comics

So I've re-read McCarthy's Blood Meridian in the other day, and still the violence that was portrayed in the book was stomach turning, the massacre of infants and the scalping of the native Americans are still haunting as ever, and that man is an inherently wicked being, as long as man exist violence, war brutality will never cease to exist, but comparing it to the likes of Ennis' Crossed or Punisher MAX, Moore's Swamp Thing, the latter's portrayal of violence/brutality seems cartoonish, I can't take it seriously, specially in Crossed, where the violence comes across as comedic at times, even in Mangas, I find the violence in Berserk silly, it doesn't invoke any feeling of dread or terror in me, specially the Horse-Farnese rape scene, that shit was ridiculous as hell, as if Miura just put that in there to shock the reader and nothing else.

Anyways, it brings me to the question, does imaginations beat visual presentation?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2021 10:01 AM
Drsoe08 is currently offline Click here to Send Drsoe08 a Private Message Find more posts by Drsoe08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote