KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Amazo!

Respect Amazo!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Respect Amazo!

This thread will be dedicated to Amazo, one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful foe the JLA has ever faced...

Please do not spam or troll this thread, people doing so will be reported immediately...

Let's begin.....

(please log in to view the image)

The Bio for Amazo:

-Created by Professor Ivo with revolutionary Absorption Cell Technology. This android can replicate the powers of any metahuman he encounters.

-Credited as the world's first android, Amazo was built by the deranged and immortal Professor Ivo. He sicced his creation on the Justice League in the hopes that their defeat would be a testament to his genius.

-Originally built with the powers and skills of the original Justice League (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter) preinstalled, as well as a duplicate Green Lantern Ring and Lasso of Truth. As such he was a formidable adversary.

-The powers and programming of Amazo has varied over time. Some incarnations of Amazo are preinstalled with the powers of members of the Justice League Of America (often Superman and Flash with the fighting skill of Wonder Woman). Other times the programming of Amazo varies. For instance the programming and absorption cell technology was implanted into the body of fellow android Red Tornado after the Red Tornado's soul moved on to a human body. This led to a conflict as part of the Red Tornado's spirit became ingrained in the android circuitry. On one occassion he was only able to duplicate the powers of the members in the Justice League, adapting as the roster grew (this Amazo was defeated when Superman disbanded the Justice League, leaving Amazo without any sources to copy). And in one example Amazo was able to steal the powers of the Justice League as well as their humanity, leaving the Justice League powerless androids. Amazo returned the League to normal when he couldn't reconcile his actions with his new emotions. These diverging programming and power fluctuations have not been officially reconciled within DC continuity.

-Notably, Amazo has held a grudge with the Hourman of the 853rd century. When the temporal powered android traveled back in time and joined with the JSA, Amazo was jealous of how advanced in both technology and sentience Hourman was. They had a bitter feud until Hourman returned to his correct timeline. All incarnations of Amazo have the strength and invulnerability that comes with being an android. More recent incarnations of Amazo has the robot built with the ability to adapt and counter metahuman attacks through an internal database much like OMACs. In this manner Amazo can be considered to have the knowledge and planning of Batman. Unlike the OMACs Amazo can replicate powers to counter attacks instead of using prebuilt defenses.

-This unpredictability is one of the threats of Amazo. It's always a gamble for any hero to encounter an Amazo as they can never be sure what powers the Amazo currently has. The appearance of Amazo usually involves a pointy eared monster android with the ability to replicate the powers of nearby metahumans and a heartless or downright evil sentience.

-Basically Amazo can absorb any Metahumans power he is up against, and use that power to it's full capability.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 07:15 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The first appearence of Amazo....

The first showing of Amazo was very impressive, as he defeated Flash, Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman with relative ease:

Continues...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 07:15 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 07:16 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Amazo one-shots Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner, Steel, and Flash, at the same time:

Amazo effortlessly beats Aquaman and Zauriel:

Amazo beats Plastic Man and Martian Manhunter:

Amazo owns Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Zauriel, Steel, and even Superman:

Amazo possessed the powers of 14 JLA members at this point, the only way to combat him in this state was to attack him with 35 members:

Amazo began absorbing the powers of these additional members of the JLA as well, which included Black Lightning and Firestorm:

"By enlarging the team, we might just have turned this cybernetic organism into a GOD:

Amazo easily crushed all of these combined JLA'ers:

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 07:16 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hourman momentarily pulled Amazo from the timestream, and quickly cast him back to where he came..... Or so he thought:

Amazo returns, and we find that in the mere moments he was in Hourman's presence, he absorbed half of his Infinite Time powers, which come from the Worlogog itself:

Amazo transforms an onlooker into a child:

Amazo and Hourman do battle throughout the time lines:

Amazo is able to summon his future and past selves, and unleash them on Hourman:

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 07:17 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A past version of Amazo confronts Hourman at a later time:

Amazo defeats Hourman, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Kyle Rayner, easily:

Amazo is able to create a GL construct of Doomsday, which proceeds to whoop Superman's ass:

In an effort to "feel", Amazo reveals that he has found a way to steal the feelings/humanity from different organisms. In essence, stealing their soul:

Amazo boards a ship, and steals the Souls from a few humans aboard it:

Amazo uses his telepathy to mind-wipe everyone aboard the ship, and makes them forget he was even there:

Continues...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 07:18 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Amazo traps Wonder Woman, Superman, and even Kyle Rayner, in a GL construct:

We then find that Amazo has beaten/imprisoned the "heavy hitters" of the JLA, (which included Orion himself):

Amazo was able to transform himself into Hourman, to try an take his place:

Amazo explains how he accomplished this:

Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Amazo rips through Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and "kills" Green Arrow:

A scientist studying Amazo explains that he absorbs "Bio-Energy":

Amazo, (now merged with Hawkeye), saves Superman from certain death in a Limbo Zone:

Amazo restores Superman's power by siphoning power from this Limbo Zone, and transfusing it into Superman's body:

This version of Amazo can access every metahuman power, he has ever absorbed:

Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A new version of Amazo resurfaced, and took control of Red Tornado's body:

Using Flash's speed, Amazo takes out Hal Jordan:

Amazo remembers everything he had ever done:

There are only 4 JLA members available to battle Amazo, and deep down they know it won't be enough:

Amazo was bond with Wonder Woman's lasso, and Superman tried to use his heat vision against Amazo, to stall him long enough that Batman could cut off his legs so Flash's speed couldn't be used:

These leaguers are going all out, but are doing nothing of any lasting effect:

With a thought, Amazo uses an ability obtained from Parasite, and absorbs every metahuman beings power that he was up against, (except for Batman who has no metahuman powers):

A powerful blow from Hawkgirl's mace didn't even phase Amazo, whom simply used Elongated Man's powers to absorb/recover from the attack:

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 07:19 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In the JLA/Avengers crossover, Amazo and Ultron humbled numerous heroes from both Marvel and DC:

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 07:19 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Great job!

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 08:50 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

thumb up Most excelent!

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 08:55 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toad313
Restricted

Account Restricted

Devil Lance wanted the respect forum spammed, so i do it

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 09:24 PM
Toad313 is currently offline Click here to Send Toad313 a Private Message Find more posts by Toad313 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toad313
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Digi on Mar 17th, 2007 at 09:44 PM

Toad313 is currently offline Click here to Send Toad313 a Private Message Find more posts by Toad313 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toad313
Restricted

Account Restricted

Toad313
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 09:25 PM
Toad313
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 09:25 PM
Smurph
------

Wow...

You know, people always hype up the JLU Amazo, bt, in truth, this version was pretty much just as powerful, IMO. It's just that EVERYONE ELSE in JLU was weaker then their comic book versions.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 09:36 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Wow...

You know, people always hype up the JLU Amazo, bt, in truth, this version was pretty much just as powerful, IMO. It's just that EVERYONE ELSE in JLU was weaker then their comic book versions.

This brings up an interesting question.

If the JLU was assembled in comics and Ivo made a new Amazo to fight it what would happen?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 10:02 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
This brings up an interesting question.

If the JLU was assembled in comics and Ivo made a new Amazo to fight it what would happen?
Pretty much what happened in the above scans, I would think.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 10:22 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote