KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » A Thread Dedicated To Breach

A Thread Dedicated To Breach
Started by: Rufus T Firefly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

A Thread Dedicated To Breach

(please log in to view the image)

Greetings one and all to a respect thread dedicated to the short lived and tragic character, Breach (Read the final issue to find out why the character is tragic). U.S Army Major Tim Zanetti was an average soldier with a wife and infant son. 1983, Major Zanetti was working on "Project Otherside", a project in which scientists would probe other dimensions. An accident occurs at the facility sends Major Zanetti spiraling into the future many years to arrive at our own time period, in which His wife, now into politics, is married to his friend, who served along side him in the military, Major(Now General) Mac McClellan, and his son is now in his 20's and has a career. His body has been radiated to such a harmful degree to the point where, if anything touched them, they will be eradicated. Now, he's being used as a tool for study by the government and he must battle the constant loneliness, and his mental stability throughout the short series.

Now the fact is that Breach was originally a Captain Atom reboot, this is seen throughout issue one where other characters address him as "Adam" rather than Zanetti, but DC kept Atom alive and they decided to make a completely new character all together. Now this isn't a great approach on a series in my opinion, but being the Captain Atom Fan That I am, I had to check it out, and without a doubt, I was wowed by the superb story telling in such short amount of issues, the story was utterly breathtaking, and your swept across the story through heart-wrenching moments and superb battle scenes. This is, without a doubt, a Must Read series, 11 issues, 11 short issues, for a great character as far as we know, flushed down the toilet. Up ahead in the next 11 posts will be scans, issue covers, and a short summary, hopefully free of all spoilers for to-be readers!

Enjoy what lies ahead!

-Red

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 03:17 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Breach #1

Becoming Breach - Scan 1

Becoming Breach - Scan 2

Becoming Breach - Scan 3

Becominf Breach - Scan 4

Becoming Breach - Scan 5

Becoming Breach - Scan 6

This is how Major Zanetti Becomes Breach, Not much of a feat, but it does show how terribly radiated this man was.

Also I'd love to thank Muss/Sci-fi Nutjob for scanning these scans for me, As My Scanner doesn't exactly run well.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 03:27 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Breach #2

The Herdsman - Scan 1

The Herdsman - Scan 2

The Herdsman - Scan 3

The Herdsman - Scan 4

The Herdsman - Scan 5

The Herdsman - Scan 6

The Herdsman - Scan 7

--------

At First Glance The Herdsman comes across as another character speaking in riddles, who is crazed, throughout the series more and more is revealed about the Herdsman making him more sympathetic toward the reader, also we see the effects of missing 20 some years has on a person. Thus in this issue, we are introduced to the Rifters.

-Scans From Muss/Sci-Fi-Nutjob

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 03:40 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Breach #3

Beacon - Scan 1

Beacon - Scan 2

Beacon - Scan 3

Beacon - Scan 4

Beacon - Scan 5

Beacon - Scan 6

Beacon - Scan 7

Hydra - Scan 8

Hydra - Scan 9

Hydra - Scan 10

Hydra - Scan 11

Beacon/Hydra - Scan 12

Beacon/Hydra - Scan 13

JLA observing The Explosion - Scan 14

Breach Saves Son, Destroys Beacon - Scan 15

A good showing for Breach. Destroying many Hydra Soldiers at the same time while the JLA are even alerted. And taking out the Beacon

Last edited by CyborgHolliday on Aug 13th, 2007 at 04:03 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 04:01 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Breach #4

Martian Manhunter Goes up to Breach - Scan 1

Scan 2, Martian Manhunter get's pwned by Breach

A Good Punch To Superman's Jaw - Scan 3

Breach's suit is shredded from the waist up - Scan 4

Superman Touches His Skin... - Scan 5

JLA Against Breach - Scan 6

-------

The JLA comes and attempts to secure Breach

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 04:09 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Ok....So it won't be exactly 11 posts...

Breach #7

Fighting Off A Telepathic Rifter - Scan 1

Breach/Rifter Fight - Scan 2

Breach/Rifter Fight - Scan 3

Demon Kids, Attack! - Scan 4

Father and Son Are Reunited - Scan 5

Breach/Demon Kids - Scan 6

Breach Saves Civilians - Scan 7

"I Don't Hurt Children" - Scan 8

Rifters Leave - Scan 9

H.I.V.E - Scan 10

Though people only see Breach as an insane hazard, we see that he will not harm children no matter how much they harm him.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 04:23 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 04:41 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 04:46 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Breach #10

Breach/Rifter Boy - Scan 1

Breach Transforms Child - Scan 2

Breach Holds Child - Scan 3

Child Awakens - Scan 4

-----

A Great Issue, Showing off a power Breach has, and more character in-depth, though I don't want to go into to mcuh detail, to ruin the issue

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 04:53 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Hello one and All to the final page in my portion of the Respect Thread. It was a real shame this fantastic series ended so prematurely, and worse, Breach was killed by SuperBoy Prime in the closing pages of Infinite Crisis #7, the issue revealing he would have been Captain Atom of Earth #8. Once more I would love it if you could all thank Muss for the scans, I know I have. And Please comment, I've worked hard on this thread, and once more, he's worked even harder getting these scans. A bigger favor, Buy this series, it shouldn't be worth much, and it's absolutely worth the buy.

Breach #11

Breach is Greeted by Talia - Scan 1

They Take Hands... - Scan 2

Talia...is Gone - Scan 3

------

The ending is compelling and sad, Not much action occurs in the final issue, but the series is worth the buy, thanks for checking out my First Respect Thread, I hope to hear kind comments. Digi Can you add this to the DC Directory, Thanks!

-Red

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 05:01 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Very interesting character.

I have a question. Did Superman's heat vision evaporate that body of water?

Any chance of Breach ever making another appearance that you may be aware of?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 05:03 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good work Red.

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 05:13 AM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

I assume Breach's suit, being ruptured, cause an explosion, much like he did to the woods.

Breach is being thrown around alot on The Monitor's Monitors....That isn't the greatest of evidence, so Thus far, DC flushed a great character to waist, only making 12 appearances

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 05:15 AM
Smurph
------

I didn't read it, but it looks vaguely competent.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 06:05 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sci-fi Nutjob
AMC,Team Authority,JLKMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
Hello one and All to the final page in my portion of the Respect Thread. It was a real shame this fantastic series ended so prematurely, and worse, Breach was killed by SuperBoy Prime in the closing pages of Infinite Crisis #7, the issue revealing he would have been Captain Atom of Earth #8. Once more I would love it if you could all thank Muss for the scans, I know I have. And Please comment, I've worked hard on this thread, and once more, he's worked even harder getting these scans. A bigger favor, Buy this series, it shouldn't be worth much, and it's absolutely worth the buy.

Breach #11

Breach is Greeted by Talia - Scan 1

They Take Hands... - Scan 2

Talia...is Gone - Scan 3

------

The ending is compelling and sad, Not much action occurs in the final issue, but the series is worth the buy, thanks for checking out my First Respect Thread, I hope to hear kind comments. Digi Can you add this to the DC Directory, Thanks!

-Red
embarrasment awww shucks, you're welcome. and great job organizing the scans thumb up

Thanks alot for the sig JasonK4

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 08:24 PM
Sci-fi Nutjob is currently offline Click here to Send Sci-fi Nutjob a Private Message Find more posts by Sci-fi Nutjob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mister X

Hey can anyone out there please explain what PIS/CIS is? Thanks!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 02:31 AM
Mister X is currently offline Click here to Send Mister X a Private Message Find more posts by Mister X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mister X
Hey can anyone out there please explain what PIS/CIS is? Thanks!
PIS = Pheremone Induced Sex.

Basically date rape.

CIS is the same thing, but with Cats.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 03:30 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Read it now... wow, Red. Good job, good series.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 07:37 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

It was indeed a fantastic series, I seriously think everyone needs to read this series, it's only a shame it was canceled

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 08:06 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Well done old chum!!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 08:07 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote