KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Witchblade/Excalibur Respect Thread

Witchblade/Excalibur Respect Thread
Started by: id369

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Witchblade/Excalibur

Well we have some respect threads covering the other items (The Darkness, The Rapture). Yet no one has taken the time to cover Witchblade or Excalibur.

Its time to pay some homage, to Top Cow flagship title.

Last edited by "Id" on May 11th, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2008 10:09 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

The Witchblade and Excalibur are one in the same. Excalibur was thought to be the male aspect of in comparison the female aspect The Witchblade. But this is proven false, and more or less a fraction of the weapons totality.
(please log in to view the image)

Later on and to this date, the Witchblade has once again splinted only this time it choose another female host (as of #103). Though it retains its name as Witchblade and not Excalibur. One could say, it is only referred to that, when the Witchblade permit’s a male host to wield it (though not necessarily).
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Apparently the Witchblade itself is a cosmic item. The Offspring of The Angelus and The Darkness who happen to be prime forces of the Universe. Its purpose acts to be the Balance between the two opposing forces: light and Darkness.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 02:47 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Other then the Witchblade, their are a few more Forces/artifacts. The Angelus, The Darkness, and The Rapture. The Blood Sword was seen twice (it was wielded by Ian, and seen in a flashback). Mr. Black claimed he held 2 more artifacts (The Heart Stone and the Wheel of Shadows). Now the problem is the number of forces/artifacts that are suppose to exist. Originally it was 7 confirmed (Stated by Irons and Sonatine). Later on its stated to be 8 artifacts/forces (stated by Lara Croft in arc End Game). However the creepy, old Asian guy states there are 13.

So far the 7 confirmed items out of the 13 are:
The Rapture, (Tom Judge)
The Witchblade, (Danielle Baptiste, Sara Pezzini)
The Angelus, (Celestine)
The Heartstone, (Mr. Black)
The Darkness, (Jackie Estacado)
The Blood Sword, (Ian Nottingham)
The Wheel of Shadows (Mr. Black)

Now the significance of these items is huge. Because apparently holding all of them, will grant you omnipotence.

However all it takes is two, to commence Armageddon. As in the case with Ian with The Witchblade and The Darkness.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 03:26 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Being a cosmic item, the Witchblade has vast amount of energy and abilities. But how it is drawn, depend and are limited by the host.

But so far these are the confirmed abilities.
Time Travel
Precognition
Superhuman stats (strength, durability, speed, etc..)
Resurrection
Quick Healing
Flight
Energy Blasts
Armor
Creation of Constructs.

The Witchblade can also effect incorporeal being such as spirits and ghost. Another nice ability, is to draw experience from a its former bearers. Apparently a millennia’s worth.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 03:35 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

In Prelude to Broken Trinity. Many of the short series, comic titles are recognized as part of Top Cow verse. What is interesting is the recognition of a few artifacts. Its already established that the Blood Sword, is one of the 13 items, but could the Spear of Destiny be so as well?

I see The Rapture their (Tom Judge is one of my personal fav. Chara.) , Top Cow is vary immerse with its version of the cosmic force. Those forces, have bin hinted since the beginning of Witchblade series. While they are no Living Tribunal or Lucifer Morning Star. They are not a randomly creating new ones, but instead working with the ones they have now. Yes there are minor retcons, and changes here and their. But not the sloppy mess you get from say Crisis (all of them). I am please to see, that a few of those forces are being mentioned in new crossover event.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 05:52 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Prelude to Broken Trinity
You get some more background info on Witchblade.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 12th, 2008 06:03 PM
Doc. Savage
Restricted

Account Restricted

The guy is sick. I have one comic and hes drunk or depressed in a bar and a bunch of bikers start something so he rips them all to shreds with his back turned. laughing out loud

Old Post May 12th, 2008 07:13 PM
Doc. Savage is currently offline Click here to Send Doc. Savage a Private Message Find more posts by Doc. Savage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Doc. Savage
The guy is sick. I have one comic and hes drunk or depressed in a bar and a bunch of bikers start something so he rips them all to shreds with his back turned. laughing out loud

Ian was a good character, my favorite moment was when he split a car in two…with no Witchblade or known superhuman abilities.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 02:44 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

respect Witchblade: Sara Pezzini

The Witch Blade
The Witchblade is an intelligent, ancient, and conscious weapon with supernatural origins. It is one of thirteen artifacts of similar kind. It is the offspring of the universe's opposing aspects, the Darkness and the Angelus. The Witchblade is a male aspect created to act as a balance, which must have a female as a host. The Witchblade was discovered in modern times in Greece by Kenneth Irons, but before he found it, it had many wielders. When not in use, it can look like an ornate, jewel encrusted, right-handed gauntlet. When wielded by an unworthy user, that person will lose their arm. It forms a symbiotic relationship with the host, who can hear the Witchblade. When used, it expands across the body of the wielder, shredding clothes and covering the body like an armour. The amount and coverage of the armour depends on the level of the threat.

Here Sara makes blades extend from her hand

She fires a blast that destroys a demon

Cuts a geneticlly altered soilder's head off

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 03:56 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

beats armed thungs using just hand 2 hand

creates shield to force assasin off

extends to grab railing she couldn't reach

vaporizes a superhuman

narrows blast to shoot through a bottle, the larger one melts top of barrel

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 05:11 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 06:19 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 04:59 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Beats some ancient protector

Blocks magic sword from warrior goddess avatar

puts hole in floor

destroys same avatar

Catches a bullet

Blocks automatic gunfire

gives herself fully working wings

tommorow i'll post her fight with jake, then friday i'll post some more stuff

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 06:21 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 06:30 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 06:34 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

lol i had forgot. i'll add more this weekend

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 04:10 AM
Locard
barely speaking english

Oh yeah, it was about time to have a respect thread dedicated to the sexiest superheroine ever

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 07:14 AM
Locard is currently offline Click here to Send Locard a Private Message Find more posts by Locard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Ah I found something you guys might want to see. I believe its non-cannon but I will get around it.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 05:41 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i started a witchblade thread but my scanner broke

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t498240.html

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 07:54 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jalek moye
i started a witchblade thread but my scanner broke

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t498240.html

Well to be fair, I started this one before yours. I could not add on more files because of hard drive complications.

Ask Digi if he wouldn't mind merging the two.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 09:05 PM