KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Can't Find One of My All Time Favorite Moments

Can't Find One of My All Time Favorite Moments
Started by: Roelandt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Roelandt

Can't Find One of My All Time Favorite Moments

One of my all time favorite scenes was at the end of a Namor story. Namor had been battling several of his arch enemies including, I think, Tiger Shark. Attuma may have been there and one or two others. Someone...I think it was his wife Dorma had been killed (although this didn't occur in the story I have of her death in Sub Mariner 37). The last page was a full page shot of Namor cradling [whoever she was] in his arms, looking upward toward his enemies with a face twisted in rage. The only narrative on the page was a phrase I can never forget:

"...And Namor looked up."

I get chills to this day, maybe thirty years later. Thing is...I CAN'T FIND this comic.

-I checked through my entire Sub-Mariner series, 1 to 72.
-I checked all of Namor's appearances in Tales to Astonish.
-I checked the Prince Namor series.

Nothing.

-I BELIEVE the story was drawn by Sal Buscema, or maybe John Buscema.
-I BELIEVE Namor was wearing the blue suit...but that might not be.
-I remember that the next issue...I remember there was a long line at the comic store almost as long as the issue following Gwen Stacy's death, when the next issue came out but there was apparently a new creative team (I think Don Heck or someone equally awful), that produced a disasterous follow up to the cliff hanger. I remember everyone at the comic store was pissed.
-I BELIEVE it was in the mid to late 1970s...or MAYBE the very early 1980s.

Does ANYONE know in what issue this amazing single page happened? Please help me find this!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 10:55 PM
Roelandt is currently offline Click here to Send Roelandt a Private Message Find more posts by Roelandt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinkus Mayhem
Lord of Chaos and Despair

I won't be of any help, but you have me curious. Now I wan't to see it as well. stick out tongue

Sig by Quincy, the Dark Knight of Signatures!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 01:48 AM
Dinkus Mayhem is currently offline Click here to Send Dinkus Mayhem a Private Message Find more posts by Dinkus Mayhem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Maybe you should of asked this in the Namor respect thread? or possible in the comic book questions thread?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 01:53 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roelandt

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-
Maybe you should of asked this in the Namor respect thread? or possible in the comic book questions thread?

Never saw a Comic Questions Thread and I felt the Namor Respect Thread is pretty huge so my question would likely be buried and go unnoticed. I apologize if creating a new thread with the questions is a bother. Looking at other threads here I don't think it does, but I'll bear your comment in mind in the future, KM.

I've been trying to find that comic for maybe seven years with no luck. Hopefully someone knows it. Given my lack of success, I wonder if I dreamed it. Hehe.

Ask your friends!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 03:25 AM
Roelandt is currently offline Click here to Send Roelandt a Private Message Find more posts by Roelandt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

PM namorsubby. He might know.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 02:42 AM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote