KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Why was the Superman Disrespect thread closed?

Why was the Superman Disrespect thread closed?
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why was the Superman Disrespect thread closed?

there are a couple of other disrespect threads here such as a rhino disrespect thread but then the superman is the only who gets closed?
are all mods superman fanboys confused

I have returned

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 06:00 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Precedent. It would be open season for haters to go after any hero.
Rhino was a special case.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 06:09 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

Discrimination.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 07:06 PM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
there are a couple of other disrespect threads here such as a rhino disrespect thread but then the superman is the only who gets closed?
are all mods superman fanboys confused

You made a thread that will be closed about a thread that was closed a while ago.

Anyway, let me put it to you in a way you would funderstand... would you like seeing a Colossus disrespect thread everytime you come to this forum?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 08:20 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I like Colossus, but there are a lot of examples of his stupidity we can post... wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 08:24 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

It was closed because of the risk to poor fragile fanboy minds.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 08:29 PM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

There's an actual rule stating something to the effect that you can't make a respect thread for crappy characters like Shocker or Rhino:

"3. Don't post respect threads for people that suck (lol). Shocker would be a nice example of this. No way in hell that guy needs respect."

So the reason there's a Rhino disrespect thread is because it's against the rules to make a Rhino respect thread.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 09:42 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

WTF? Is that an actual rule?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 08:27 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Yep, it's the Shocker clause, it has kept me for years from doing a Ursa Major respect thread...

I'm kidding of course big grin

Ursa Major rockz

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 09:19 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

People need to see the forest for the trees, and take things in the spirit in which they were presented. The Shocker comment is in jest (he does suck though). If it becomes a thing with people taking it too literally, we can get rid of it.

Simply put, disrespect threads create a spirit of bashing. I don't want them in this forum, period. The Rhino thread got grandfathered in when I made the rule, and it's also never caused problems. Even in its brief run, the Superman thread DID, which was the issue.

Hope that clears things up. Closed.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 02:49 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote