KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect the Almeracian Aristocrat… Maxima!

Respect the Almeracian Aristocrat… Maxima!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Respect the Almeracian Aristocrat… Maxima!

This thread will be dedicated to Maxima!

(please log in to view the image)

It will be divided into a few main sections to showcase some of her more prominent abilities…

Section I: Bios/History
Section II: Telepathy
Section III: Telekinesis/Ferrokinesis
Section IV: Other Psionic Abilities
Section V: Strength/Durability
Section VI: Misc

Please do not spam/troll. Persons doing so will be reported immediately.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section I: Bios/History

Bios:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

---

---

---

History...

Based on her first account to Superman, Maxima comes from a hearty star-spanning people who wage war tirelessly. Her own family spent thousands of years conquering, and assimilating only the strongest survivors from carefully selected worlds with rich genetic stock. Accordingly, Maxima continued the same progression of striving without exhaustion through sheer force of will and psychic discipline:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 21st, 2011 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section II: Telepathy

As some of you may have already known, Maxima is a VERY adept telepath, and is able to use said power in a variety of ways…

Quickly scans Metropolis to find Superman:

---

Again:

---

Does the same thing to track Doomsday:

---

Scans the minds of a group of aliens:

---

Utilizes TP to discern whether or not attacking alien ships were manned or unmanned:

---

Overloads a very advanced alien telepath:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section II: Telepathy (continued)

Telepathically incapacitates a reporter:

---

Mentally incapacitates a quantum-energy-enhanced Booster Gold:

---

Mentally incapacitates Brainwave II:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

---

Telepathically manipulates Superman…. Then owns him:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:14 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Mentally incapacitates Misa:

---

Mentally incapacitates Orion:

---

After his connection to Warworld was severed, Maxima mentally incapacitates Brainiac 5:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:15 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

An Eclipso-possessed Maxima mentally incapacitates Wonder Woman, then mentally possesses her:

---

Mentally incapacitates Dr. Polaris:

---

Mentally manipulates Dana Dearden (aka. Obsession) via projecting illusions into her mind:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:15 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Maxima is able to pull herself (and others) onto the astral plane:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

---

Before mentally incapacitating Brainwave II, Maxima had been combating him on the astral plane:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

While she was negotiating with an alien called ‘Chaq’ for the deed to earth, Maxima communicated instructions telepathically to Guy Gardner to scam the alien:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

---

Telepathically communes with a group of villains, and mentally possesses/controls a group of humans and uses them to attack Superman:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:17 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section III: Telekinesis/Ferrokinesis

Most of you know what telekinesis is… But for some -yet undefined- reason, Maxima has a natural affinity towards all types of metal, which allows her to control all of it's various types (ferrokinesis.) That said, you may notice that many of her TK feats deal with bending metals to her will…

Uses TK to slag the walls of an alien spacecraft:

---

Uses TK to catch Blue Beetle’s ship, mid-air:

---

Dr. Destiny was responsible for making several Justice League members act very much out of character. The rogue heroes were capturing, torturing, and maiming super-villains. When one of the prison ships that they were using to capture super-villains attacked Maxima, she focused her TK/ferrokinesis into a beam, and disassembled the ship into its separate components without incinerating the men inside:

---

Maxima uses TK to melt the surge protectors in Booster Gold’s blasters – subsequently causing them to explode:

---

Maxima gesturely disassembles Red Tornado:

Last edited by Digi on Mar 26th, 2011 at 02:36 AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section III: Telekinesis/Ferrokinesis (continued)

Maxima creates an enormous citadel, nigh-instantly, by gathering random pieces of nearby material and telekinetically forging it together:

---

Additionally, Maxima was able to telekinetically control the citadel – a fact she proved by restraining Captain Atom with metal tendrils that she animated in a liquid-like fashion out of the structure around her:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:20 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section III: Telekinesis/Ferrokinesis(continued)

Despite being weakened in a previous battle with Starbreaker, Maxima successfully utilized her TK to pull massive fissures together, as a means to save a crumbling planet:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section IV: Other Psionic Abilities

Kyle Rayner and Superman were investigating the disappearance of Pluto when Maxima showed up with what appeared to be an army of Almeracians. Contrary to what Superman thought was an invasion of his solar system, Maxima was in fact leading a mass exodus away from her devastated home world. By creating a psionic highway, the Empress of Almerac provided intergalactic transport for the remnants of her people to rendezvous with Grayven:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:22 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section IV: Other Psionic Abilities (continued)

Another of the many abilities Maxima has in her psi-arsenal are the aptly named, 'psi-bolts'…

Here she uses a psi-bolt to vaporizes a normal human:

---

Uses this ability to own the Weapons Master:

---

Slags a rock giant:

---

Gives Guy Gardner a friendly warning shot:

---

Uses a bolt to KO Amazing Man:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:23 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Owns Captain Atom with a psi-bolt:

---

A psi-bolt appeared sufficient to harm Captain Marvel as well:

---

Owns Power Girl:

---

And Superman:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:24 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Another psionic ability Maxima had at her disposal was the ability to create force-fields…

Shields against the pressures of the ocean:

---

Blocks bullet-fire:

---

Easily creates/maintains a force-field that was capable shielding her (and another individual) from forces that were "eating through" Booster Gold's shields:

---

Shields/imprisons Amazing Man:

---

Maxima shields herself, Captain Atom, and Blue Beetle from a massive explosion:

---

Maxima's force-field blocked Booster Gold's attacks as well:

---

Blocks Fire's blast:

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 21st, 2011 at 08:29 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Aside from the above abilities, Maxima also had the ability to create avatars of herself (or simulacrums as she calls them) which possessed powers similar to her own, in order to act in situations when she cannot be present. She created these vessels by placing some of her psychic energies into them:

(The amount of psychic energy she can place in each avatar is undefined.)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section V: Strength/Durability

Maxima doesn't have very many lifting feats to help gauge her strength/durability. However, her more notable battles give us all the information we need to discern her physical prowess…

Maxima vs. Superman:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The physical battle goes back and fourth…. Then Maxima uses TP. Also note the speed Maxima displayed in the second scan.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:30 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section V: Strength/Durability (continued)

Maxima vs. Superman (again):

(This time she physically wrecked Supes.)

---

Just for the hell of it… Maxima and Superman lift a city-sized spacecraft and fly it back into space:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:32 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section V: Strength/Durability (continued)

Aside from Superman himself, Maxima was the ONLY member of -that- JLA whose blows were able to phase DoS-Doomsday. She was also the only other one durable enough to weather an onslaught from him:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:33 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Section VI: Misc

Teleportation

As one who prefers to stand toe-to-toe with a worthy adversary regardless of the outcome, to date, Maxima has been seemingly conservative with the use of this powerful skill. By contrast, the Warrior Queen has shown no qualms teleporting those she has deemed beneath her. That being said, she has demonstrated the capacity to forego her bloodlust, and use her teleportation strategically when more is on the line.

Sazu pisses off Maxima… Maxima teleports her to a prison on a distant planet:

---

Teleports Sazu from the distant prison back to earth:

---

Teleports from earth and on to Warworld:

---

Teleports into a different part of the Daily Planet:

---

Matter Manip

Maxima possessed an undefined ability to transmute matter. To date, she has only used this ability to create different clothing/costumes:

---

Suspended Animation

Maxima's constitution combined with her mental control is such that she can suspend her own vital functions temporarily…

During a battle with Superman, Maxima halted her breathing and heartbeat to appear dead. Superman could not detect a pulse with his super-senses. When Maxima sensed that he was close enough, she woke up quickly and paralyzed him:

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 08:35 PM