KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Because I'm bored : Respect Ethan Edwards!

Because I'm bored : Respect Ethan Edwards!
Started by: zopzop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Because I'm bored : Respect Ethan Edwards!

Who is this guy? Well he's Marvel's (comical) take on Superman, literally!

Let's start with a brief summary of the character and his powerset :
(please log in to view the image)

Super strength, invulnerability, flight, x-ray vision, ability to see in every light spectrum, energy projection, shape-shifting, and his most mysterious power : healing. Since he never really practiced using his powers they weren't honed to any degree and kept getting more powerful as he used them more and more (see example below).

Strength/Speed/Vision/Invulnerability/Healing -
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

He's as strong as the Thing, as fast as the Torch, he can see Sue no matter what she does, and Reed couldn't break his skin for a blood/DNA sample so he decided to swab his mouth. Notice how he "heals" the dead roses and gives them to Sue.

More Healing -

Wolverine "accidentally" stabbed Spidey pretty badly during a training session and the wound was severe enough for Spidey to pass out from blood loss. Ethan sensed (saw the wound with his x-ray vision) and "prayed" for the wound to heal and it did big grin

Here he is "healing" the Thing, he was literally turning the Thing back to a normal human!

Powers increasing with use :
As he started using his powers more and more they got more powerful, here he is already moving faster than a day or so ago when Reed initially measured his speed via the Torch.

His origin is the next post....

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 02:06 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Here is an in-depth breakdown of his origin, remind you of someone? big grin
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

His world in danger of destruction, a Skrull scientist devises a plan to save his only child, his son from certain death. Before he does so he grants him powers greater than even the Super-Skrull and finds a world suitable enough for him to conquer when he comes of age! He's found by some "salt of the earth" type people in a rural town and raised to be a moral individual. Notice how the ship scanned the humans and the child adapted his appearance (using his racial shape-shifting ability) to look like a normal baby boy.

Next post continues origins....

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 02:08 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Origin continued -

He tires of the small town life and wants to experience more of the world. He gets a job as a reporter in the big city. How did Marvel escape a DC lawsuit? I'm guessing "fair use and parody" laws?

Next post feats and fights!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 02:10 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Fights -

Owning the Absorbing Man, Fight 1

Knocks Absorbing Man across state lines smile This is their first encounter and notice the AM doesn't want to continue with the crime spree after that. Just so you don't think that it wasn't fear of Ethan, it happens every time they face off. AM wants no part of Ethan!

Owing the Absorbing Man, Fight 2
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Again, Ethan owns him and AM stays down till Ethan leaves.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 05:58 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Fights continued

Vs the Fantastic Four -

He was acting erratically and Thing clobbered his head. He wakes up angry and begins to own the FF till his father steps in and Ethan takes off in a fit. Notice he had Thing choked out and was "healing" the Thing till he almost became human. Sue and Reed step in to save his @$$. As Sue is leading Thing away, the Human Torch wanted to get frisky and Ethan blew out his flames.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 06:03 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Fights continued

Vs The Avengers -
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Again, pay attention to how they cannot hurt him. This is all the more impressive when you realize that he was overcoming the jobber auras of Wolverine AND Captain America! Notice before Aunt May and Jarvis saved their sorry @$$es, Ethan could have crushed Captain America's head like a grape.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 06:08 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Feats

Lasing through vehicles

Moving so fast he's a blur while using his X-ray vision to track a villain

Super Senses

Intercepts a grenade meant to kill AM

Tanks the "high ordinance" blast

He was literally discovering new powers on a daily (hourly?) basis! At first he didn't even know he could use blasts from his hands, then he moved on to learning to blast from his eyes. He could hear and taste everything for miles. He was moving so fast Spider-man couldn't make out anything but Ethan could. He moved/reacted fast enough to catch the Punisher's "heavy ordiance" grenade and tank it's blast effortlessly, the only casualty was his costume. Notice again, the AM's reaction to seeing Ethan.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 06:22 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Finally, what's Ethan doing with his life now that he's given up the super hero thing? Why he's traveling the developing world healing the sick and preachin' the "Good News"! Let's see Super-man or any of his other clones cure sick children of diseases or heal amputees! laughing

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 06:25 AM
SuperiorTech

Nice Job

Old Post Jun 19th, 2011 09:14 AM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Let's see Super-man or any of his other clones cure sick children of diseases or heal amputees! laughing

Nice thread.

Just want to point out though; the original Ion miniseries pretty much has Superman explain exactly why he doesn't go around doing stuff like that.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2011 03:50 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Ethan is coming back in New Avengers Annual smile

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 09:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ethan is coming back in New Avengers Annual smile

Stop playing! Seriously? LOL I thought he was a throw away character. But I hope they do him some justice, like they said on panel he's Super Skrull+.

PS Where did you see this?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 09:47 PM
SuperiorTech

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 09:57 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
new avengers annual 1

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...4/news/?a=44004

Thanks for that. Oh man what did they do to Ethan? Why does he look "evil"? They ruined him sad

Oh well, that Revengers team better kick ass, Ethan by himself took on the FF and later the New Avengers solo.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 10:01 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wonder Man convinced him somehow that he's right about the Avengers. So I wouldn't say he's acting out of character, just misguided.

What I worry about is his power level...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 10:41 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

What I worry about is his power level...

Well I just checked and guess who's writing that issue......BENDIS sad

Man, the Revengers are fugged! RIP Ethan sad

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 10:44 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I know it's Bendis, that's why I worry. He likes to use obscure characters, but doesn't care enough to read up on them. Which is very weird. Plus it's an annual story, so I don't know if it will be continued in the regular series... which doesn't bode well for Revengers...

So far it's good, he's shown using x-ray vision, hand blasts... not everything is lost.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 10:53 PM
Bluddflagg

I know it's Bendis, that's why I worry. He likes to use obscure characters, but doesn't care enough to read up on them. Which is very weird. Plus it's an annual story, so I don't know if it will be continued in the regular series... which doesn't bode well for Revengers...

So far it's good, he's shown using x-ray vision, hand blasts... not everything is lost.

And then he'll receive the Count Nefaria treatment from Snikt-bub! Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 11:11 PM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

I hope not, but it's possible... I mean, Bendis didn't know about/ignored Bor being able to lift Mjolnir, Nefaria not budging from Wonder Man level blows... he'd have no problem ignoring Ethan's earlier fight with NA in which Logan's claws didn't do shit.

Reed used adamantium needles on the Hulk in past, but (apparently) didn't think it would work with Ethan.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 11:30 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
And then he'll receive the Count Nefaria treatment from Snikt-bub! Happy Dance

The sad thing is Ethan already survived that without so much as a scratch on him. Even Reed in his own laboratory couldn't pierce Ethan's skin for a blood sample. But yeah, at first I was happy that Ethan, Simon, and Eddie were back but now I'm dreading the issue.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 11:32 PM