KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » The Red Scare

The Red Scare
Started by: exanda kane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

The Red Scare

Anyone think this could have an impact on Indy?

Course, the Soviets are explicitly there, evil and lecherous, all the while plotting and scheming, but don't you think that the second Red Scare, the same time as the Crystal Skull is set, should or could have an impact on Indiana Jones in this or possible future ventures?

It just strikes me as another platform that could be used to pick apart the sensationalism surrounding McCarthyism and the acts themselves, especially considering Dr.Jones is likely to be in a position that he is suspected of Communist ties. Just a thought.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 12:18 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Errm... quite political this. I thought Indy was just a popcorn action movie.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 01:44 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

It is, but they've entered a period where things a little grey around the edges. Just one reference would fulfill my wish - not that it is important, but a throwaway comment, anything, and I would be happy.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:59 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

I think the movie does make a reference to the Red Scare. Aren't the protests against communism outside of the University where Indy teaches a reference to the Red Scare?

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 05:56 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

MAkes sense.

On the other hand, what we've seen from Cate Blanchett: she's making the Red Scare stick!

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:01 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I've seen that clip/set piece in featurette's and that could well be true.

Yeah, Cate Blanchett's hair cut scares me.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 05:13 PM
queeq
Chaos

And the few clips of her performance look superb.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 09:37 PM
exanda kane

Aye, she is a crackin actress.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 09:53 PM
Admiral Akbar

I like her Russian Accent.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 04:55 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

She rules.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 05:59 PM
exanda kane

It was included!

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:30 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
I like her Russian Accent.

When it could hold itself together... lolz

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post May 24th, 2008 02:14 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh come on... Blanchet did fine.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 04:58 PM
exanda kane

Aye.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 06:28 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Hey! *Puts up hands defensively and stands back in mock caution*

The accent slipped a fair bit, and the poor girl did miracles with the shit she was given to work with is all I was saying.

And fair play! I wouldn't like to have hold that accent for all those takes and not expect to mess up.

(But then Im not a professional actress who is paid millions to do that, so naturally Im not expected to like she might reasonably be.)

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 25th, 2008 at 02:45 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2008 02:43 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

She's forgiven.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 10:47 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stick out tongue

There are worse crimes against acting, just think that she is getting a bit overated by some of the more enthusiastic reviewers is all.

You mentioned Connery for his dodgy Hunt for Red October accent.

It got me thinking of "What could be worse than that?"

And I happened to see "Highlander" for the 1st time in a while the other day, and his accent was meant to Spanish Egyptian...? Many lolz over that, there were.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 06:43 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post May 28th, 2008 06:49 PM