KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Indy 4 Ending Discussion - Spoilers.

Indy 4 Ending Discussion - Spoilers.
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

Indy 4 Ending Discussion - Spoilers.

Dont read thread if you havent seen it.

(first post is to prevent accidental mouse-over from spoiling)

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 12:49 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

So, how about the climax eh? Bit of a let down really, wish they just left the skeletons inanimate and had some weird voodoo thing happen, something bad happens and the bad guys die, the good guys run away which would then lead to the temple collapse.

The whole [SPOILER - highlight to read]: alien/spaceship thing was just poor, the effects looked mad as hell, but the plot was just stupid beyond belief. There would have been more mystery if they left just the skulls and Area 51 body and had us use our imagination.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 12:51 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I think that there is nothing wrong with the direction of the film. Previous Indiana Jones films involved some Religious artifact gone missing. This one however moves more to the science fictional out of space mystery story. It fits perfectly with the time period. The 1950s were a time in which Martian men were very popular in fantasy.

The ending hints that the torch won't be pass to Shea...notice Indy takes it away from him and puts it on.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 05:37 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GGS

Let's be honest...SS and Lucas have had raging hard-ons for aliens and stories to do with space and aliens etc. for the past few years..so it was not surprising even if it wasn't set in the 1950's it would of probably been alien themed it was just dissapointly done imo.

Man that OX guy sucked badly the oh i'm a gibbering mad man now i'm back to normal self lol talk about overdevelopment of a irrevelant character.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 07:40 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I think that there is nothing wrong with the direction of the film. Previous Indiana Jones films involved some Religious artifact gone missing. This one however moves more to the science fictional out of space mystery story. It fits perfectly with the time period. The 1950s were a time in which Martian men were very popular in fantasy.

The ending hints that the torch won't be pass to Shea...notice Indy takes it away from him and puts it on.

But the other films kinda smoothly rubbed the mystery bits, here it's all out in the open. That's not great, it doesn't leave much room for imagination.

I mean: the Ark - what happened there really? Was it the wrath of God, did the nazi's have it coming... I mean, we see ghosts and that's all. After taht it's 'just' that box again.
Sankara: Do they really have power or it a thing of human decency again.
Grail: we lose it, again, it';s a test of human character.

Aliens: well... knowlegde... allright, nothing to do with human character in the end... So tehre is a difference.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 08:22 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by queeq
But the other films kinda smoothly rubbed the mystery bits, here it's all out in the open. That's not great, it doesn't leave much room for imagination.

I mean: the Ark - what happened there really? Was it the wrath of God, did the nazi's have it coming... I mean, we see ghosts and that's all. After taht it's 'just' that box again.
Sankara: Do they really have power or it a thing of human decency again.
Grail: we lose it, again, it';s a test of human character.

Aliens: well... knowlegde... allright, nothing to do with human character in the end... So tehre is a difference.

There was mystery in this film queeq. Life in other planets have been one of the great mysteries in our world. Aliens certainly belong in the realm of the unknown.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 09:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GGS

Even though we'll never find out the solidiers and cate blanchett could of been transported to the other dimension.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 09:24 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GGS

double post

I mean it's advanced aliens who come back to life after millions of years being a skeleton just because you saw her physical form dissapear doesn't mean she's dead...

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 09:25 PM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
There was mystery in this film queeq. Life in other planets have been one of the great mysteries in our world. Aliens certainly belong in the realm of the unknown.

You are wrong. In this case the existence of aliens is no longer a mystery: the proof is there - 13 of them. Plus a space ship.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 09:54 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

It was great.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 10:03 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The space ship?

Old Post May 24th, 2008 07:01 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I actually like what they did with the spacechip thing myself.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 08:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Right, now I've got over the joy of realising it was in no way a disappointing Indy outing, I can safely say that the ending will probably be the thing that divides people about the film.

I liked it. Reminded me of lots of nice films I remember like This Island Earth and Terror! From Outer Space.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 11:32 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by exanda kane
I can safely say that the ending will probably be the thing that divides people about the film.

Not as safely as you would think.

CGI Monkees and Gophers, ants and whatever fake looking phail rendering you can think of in the movie, bad dialogue, an unevenly paced implausible plot (starting with the nuke thing) mixed up sense of what the film wanted to be to its detriment, too much focus on unimportant characters (such as Mutt), John Hurt's character "Ox" (Who should have been shot, eventually and slowly to f***ing death by the Russians by way of payoff for the audience who had to sit through every scene he was in)... The arguable waste of Karen Allen's return, the patchy acting... theres a lot more than just the ending that'll divide people on this.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 24th, 2008 at 01:07 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2008 12:58 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, I can easily forgive a dodgy ending as long as the way there is worthwhile. And I have very mixed feelings about that journey.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:01 PM
exanda kane

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Not as safely as you would think.

CGI Monkees and Gophers, ants and whatever fake looking phail rendering you can think of in the movie, bad dialogue, an unevenly paced implausible plot (starting with the nuke thing) mixed up sense of what the film wanted to be to its detriment, too much focus on unimportant characters (such as Mutt), John Hurt's character "Ox" (Who should have been shot, eventually and slowly to f***ing death by the Russians by way of payoff for the audience who had to sit through every scene he was in)... The arguable waste of Karen Allen's return, the patchy acting... theres a lot more than the ending that'll

Sounds like you were expecting Raiders of the Lost Ark. We got Temple of Doom and that is fine by me.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:07 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

This movie wasnt even a pimple on Temple of Doom's ass.

Originally posted by queeq
Well, I can easily forgive a dodgy ending as long as the way there is worthwhile. And I have very mixed feelings about that journey.

100% Agreed.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:08 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Oh it was, believe me.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:09 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I cant.

For I have seen the movie.
Sorry.

stick out tongue

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:11 PM
exanda kane

Well, let us put it into a context that would make Uncle George's hat spin; was it or was it not better than The Phantom Menace?

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:21 PM