KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Darth Sidious on Fighting

Darth Sidious on Fighting
Started by: DarthBorgie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthBorgie

Darth Sidious on Fighting

Darth Sidious is the Emporor correct? Well, if he is, will he fight in Ep.II? The thing is, nobody has every seen him weild a lightsaber. Does that mean he will attack with the electricity like in the OT? Hmmmm....

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 10:47 PM
Click here to Send DarthBorgie a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBorgie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsavong Lah

We are lead to believe that they are the same person, but Lucas might change it up a bit. We will probably never see him fight in the prequels, that is why he always has his apprentices.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 11:14 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tifa Lockhart Strife

Re: Darth Sidious/Palpatine

It's still to early to tell if George will show us how Darth Sidious fights. Yes, Darth Sidious IS Emperor Palpatine. The galaxy will not realize it until it's too late.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 02:33 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

Yeah, it even says on the back of TPM video box that they are the same person, I thought that everyone knew that. As for him fighting, I just don't see it. He may use his Force Lightning again to kill a few Jedi....perhaps Plo Koon or Ki-Adi Mundi.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 01:20 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Yeah, I could easily see him use force lightning if somebody really made him mad or to make a point out of killng somebody, but I don't he's gonna break a sweat over it. Thats why he has apprentices to do his dirty work.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

But will he be capable of using force lightening yet? I have a feeling the Force Lightening is a quite a hard skill to master and that Sidious may not gain that skill until later on.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 04:25 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

But if he can't use Force Lightning then what will he do? I can't see him using a Lightsaber or anything. I bet that he can use the Lightning and maybe its something the Jedi have never seen before, thus proving how powerful Sidious really is.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 11:50 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Could be. Actually, when you consider that we haven't seen Sidious use any Force powers yet, to start with a ball of Force Lightening would be amazing.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Yeah..on OB1...oooooooooooooooooooh..that would be bad.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 11:30 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

He is a sith master I think he has the skill tho use the lightning bolts.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 01:53 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krautrocker

force lightning

In ROTJ palpatine says ' ah a lightsabre , a jedi's weapon , much like your fathers' this implies to me that he has never used one. You don't need one if you have force lightning.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 04:16 PM
Click here to Send krautrocker a Private Message Find more posts by krautrocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Re: force lightning

Good point, kraut. If Palpy can already keep a whole group of Jedi in the same room from sensing him, which is pretty impressive to me, why shouldn't he have the knowledge and ability to produce force lightning at this point ?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 08:27 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tifa Lockhart Strife

The Dark Empire Emperor

In Dark Empire, Darth Sidious (Emperor Palpatine) fought very well with a lightsaber in Dark Empire. He also knocked Luke on his butt with a blast of force lightning.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 09:03 PM
DARTH MELOK

It would be fantastic to see the Grand Sith lord in action....all the raw darkside power at his finger tips..

Though, didn't he die rather similar to one of his apprentices ( Falling down a deep shaft.!! )

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 09:16 PM
finti

well thats dark empire and it is eu, in other words it does not count.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 09:18 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I imagine Darth Sidious can do pretty much whatever he wants. Maybe there is some other way of using the Force that we have not seen yet.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 11:09 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a bit of an odd one. Sidious would have very little chance to practice his sabre fighting without a support facility like the Jedi Temple.

But then, neither would Maul, and he was bloody lethal.

We have no guarantee that Force Lightning is superior to a sabre. We have only seen it used on a cripple and an untrained boy (Gl's words, by the way, though not in direct conncection with the lightning). However, by the time of the OT, Sidious is far too old and decrepit to be using a sabre, even if he did have one (though don't get me started on the whole 'Yoda using a sabre' thing...)

I would imagine that Force Lightning is a very lethal weapon, but not so good that he will conquer every Jedi with it single handed. It's sheer surprise factor is probably its greatest asset.

Let's not over-do it on how powerful Sidious is, though. he did lose in the end, after all.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2001 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Supposedly in Ep2 there is a secret sith temple that the jedi had no chance of finding.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2001 07:52 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I'd love that...Hopefully we'll learn alot more about how the Sith work.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2001 08:28 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

And why there are only two....

Old Post Mar 1st, 2001 08:33 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote