KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » power

power
Started by: §H@Ñ€

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
§H@Ñ€
???

Cool power

i think people abuse their power way to much.... teachers do, managers do, monators do, presidents do, and even third grade line leaders do ( laughing out loud ) Who else? and how?

Click my sig to go to my gallery!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 10:54 PM
§H@Ñ€ is currently offline Click here to Send §H@Ñ€ a Private Message Find more posts by §H@Ñ€ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

power can make anyone do anything...so its their nature to abuse it or want even more power.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 10:56 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is worth noting that, as most complainants about this sort of thing have no power of themselves- often, this is a good thing- I am rarely impressed by such complaints. Yes, power can corrupt, but actually most of the time it is wielded by people trying to do the best they can do- and normal people tend to resent them for it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:00 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

ush> very true

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:02 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§H@Ñ€
???

i know, like if you say one thing to a monator that they dont like. they will try to destroy what you want. Like a new poll, they will say like that it's already been made or same with threads, but some are cool. like Raz and Kes. those are the onlt ones i know, i know of some others but i dont ever 'come in contact' with them.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:03 PM
§H@Ñ€ is currently offline Click here to Send §H@Ñ€ a Private Message Find more posts by §H@Ñ€ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§H@Ñ€
???

quote:
It is worth noting that, as most complainants about this sort of thing have no power of themselves- often, this is a good thing- I am rarely impressed by such complaints. Yes, power can corrupt, but actually most of the time it is wielded by people trying to do the best they can do- and normal people tend to resent them for it.

sounds like your trying to direct that to someone Ush.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope, simply stating an opinion.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:52 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Not everyone abuses power. Power is safest in the hands of those who dont want it.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:55 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

It's safer not to have a high concentration of it in any one place.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:57 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§H@Ñ€
???

indeed

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 12:00 AM
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Here, at my highschool, where I go with Fitch, we are the network admins, and practically handle all computer-related stuff in the school, and as such, we get a lot of credit from the teachers (like, we can skip classes without much concern wink).

So I assume we DO abuse this power, by skipping quite a lot of classes, the reaon why some of our coleagues and even some teachers think we're scum, but then again, they don't have to come to school in the weekends if the local server is down, or stay on after school, or visit school during holidays, or for that matter, bother to do crappy maintenance on over 100 pc's..

Have fun||

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 09:26 AM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xena
Warrior Princess

Of course Power brings corruption. Politicians love power more than anybody. The idea is to learn to control power NOT let power control us.

Made by Cinemaddiction smile

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 03:16 AM
Xena is currently offline Click here to Send Xena a Private Message Find more posts by Xena Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote