KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who is Batman?!

Who is Batman?!
Started by: Punkyhermy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Worried Who is Batman?!

Do you consider Bruce Wayne's death to be the death of Batman, or do you consider 'Batman' to continue to live on after Wayne's death in the form of someone else taking up the mantle of the Bat?
In other words, does Bruce Wayne make Batman who he is, or is Batman something someone with Bruce's psyche can take on and make his own?!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 04:22 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

When Wayne got his back broken by Bane, someone tried to take his place as Batman. It really wasn't the same. Wayne is one-of-a-kind.

Are you saying Bruce already died, or IF Bruce did die?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 04:27 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

a 'what if' question. ..

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 04:32 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Bruce is one of a kind. No one could ever be as good as he is if they put on the costume, although Dick would come pretty close.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 01:55 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

I think if Bruce died then someone would take his place. Probably not another Batman but similiar, like a tribute to him wink

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 07:44 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

batman is a man thats a bat.....anyone watch bathumb?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 08:25 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

hence the series "batman beyond"

IM AWESOME

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 08:27 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Or the batman from the Future, you know the one on pluto or whatever in this one million thingy, and I think Tim will become Batman, he won't be as good but you know Nobody is Bruce Wayne (or perfect or whatever)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:04 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Didn't Dick Grayson take over as Batman for a while?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 10:10 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

yep

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 12:30 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Did a ok job, I can see Grayson being a great Batman,

But not the Batman.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 04:36 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Sorry but if Bruce dies, so does batman.

Sure other people can try, but no one can be as good as the original

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2004 02:30 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Only Dick Grayson is a worthy succesor...But he can hardly be considered a replacement.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2004 08:47 PM
Joker1237

I mean the Flash did ok with diff people behind the mask. Maybe the same can be said of Batman??

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 12:46 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Dudez, read Teen Titans #17! Tim Drake becomes Batman! And his greatest opponent...Joker's daughter! I'm not making this up. Oh, and Joker, the saying goes, "Kill and the world laughs with you. Die, and you laugh alone." Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Jay Garrick(the only Flash) Jack Napier9the only Joker) Jason Todd(the only dead Robin)
Jean Paul Valley(the only Batman) Bruce Wayne(the only original Batman)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 01:18 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

ok I fix it, I did beat the game, was doing it by memory. Did not want to work my way up to that level again. That guy with the missles had me going crazy to beat.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 01:21 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Yeah, I had a hard time until I got the stradegy guide, then it told me to throw batarangs at his mssiles

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 12:25 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

yeah here I was beating easy boss after easy boss. I must had lost to that missle guy about 50 times before I beat him.

I knew it was the batrangs, But the aiming, now that is the killer. by the time I got the aim he was lock and and ready, and thus I had to move out of the way and lose the aim to not get hit.

Still have problems with that guy. It takes a while lol.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2004 12:34 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Yeah he is pretty hard. But my favorite level is when you're fighting Joker in mid-air

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 12:48 AM