KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comics Or Anime

Comics Or Anime
Started by: TwisterGameX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Null

Comics Or Anime

Well, the anime people for some reason hate comic characters and say things about it, so this thread is in the comic forum, so you could pick one, and if you like comics better, say why you like it more than anime.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:51 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

I like both.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 06:19 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

I guess for you, it's Spiderman comics, and Naruto show.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 10:06 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I hate Anime/Manga.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 11:24 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

^cosigns.

damn i hate your sig! it's so cool!

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:02 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Comics...ugh...I hate anime...

Choose: (please log in to view the image)
sick

Or

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 05:47 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I love reading comics.

But I also love watching Anime. I hate reading anime/manga though. It's just not the same as comics.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 07:02 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I hate Anime/Manga.

so do I

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 07:08 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Care to say why. Have you watched Naruto,Gantz and others in japanese ?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 10:24 PM
Next Venom_girl
Scream

I heard that on cartoon network they pronounce Naruto "Nardo" Anyone got a puke bucket? sick
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=4738700

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 11:15 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I like both.

btw- you mean "Manga"? Those are consider Japanese Comic books.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 11:21 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Comics...ugh...I hate anime...

Choose: (please log in to view the image)
sick

Or

(please log in to view the image)
Girls running around in short skirts or old men? What am I choosing here?

confused

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 08:42 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Anime is funnier and can appeal to others, as manga does.

The action can get a bit more intense too...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 27th, 2005 08:20 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Depends on which anime, you can't compare something as good as sandman to something as trashy as naruto, but overall I perfer anime comics can be too ridicules.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 07:48 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

'Wolverine: Snikt' was done in anime.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 07:56 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by steverules
Wolverine: Snikt was done in anime.

Yeah I saw it, It seems that comic books are imitating anime to boost sales, the irony is that anime imitated classic golden age western animation from popeye, mickey mouse, tom and jerry( This is my favorite style Btw) and etc.

Last edited by Classic NES on Apr 10th, 2006 at 08:07 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 07:59 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

double post sorry.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 08:06 PM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
I heard that on cartoon network they pronounce Naruto "Nardo" Anyone got a puke bucket? sick
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=4738700

only tom says it like that

I like reading Comics and watching anime.

never really cared about reading manga though.....

sig by willRules

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 08:09 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Black Adam
only tom says it like that

I like reading Comics and watching anime.

never really cared about reading manga though.....

You should try it manga can usually be better then it's anime counter parts.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 08:11 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Really, it depends on the comic and the manga, but manga has some distinct advantages over comics.

First, it's very easy to get into a title. No forty years of continuity to deal with (I would have no idea where to begin with X-Men, should I decide I wanted to try it); just pick up the first volume of the series and read. Then pick up the second volume; they're numbered for your convenience.

Second, there's variety. I love mystery, and collect two seperate mystery manga, Case Closed and Kindaichi Case Files. If I decided that I wanted to read American mystery comics (real mysteries, not someone in tights running around beating up other people in tights while occasionally solving a puzzle) it would just be too bad for me; the only series I know of was Ruse the Detective (which, too be fair, kicked ass), and the company that published that's gone under. Fantasy? Science fiction? Medical drama (Black Jack just kicks ass)? There's a hell of a lot more variety in manga than in comics, and that's all there is to it.

Third, there's just one author, who knows what s/he's doing from the start. You don't have to put up with the bullshit that you have to with American comics because of differenty creative teams. You don't have to worry about your favorite character's personality changing more frequently than a schizophrenic's in shock therapy as different writers try to bring their "visions" to life. You don't have to worry that the hack who has control of the book at the moment will decide he didn't like what the last writers did, and reveal that the character you've been following for the past five years was really a robot clone or something. And on a related note, the characters you get attached to only appear in the one manga; no worry that your favorite character will get knocked off after a two-pannel fight in some shitty company cross-over.

Again, it depends on the series. I'd say that the average comic is as well-written as the average manga, and probably better-drawn. But I give manga the edge, for the above reasons.

And I will never read an American comic drawn "manga-style." Never.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 08:14 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote