KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Firefox Help

Firefox Help
Started by: silver_tears

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

Question Firefox Help

I'm having issues with my firefox browser.

It started yesterday, it kept saying firefox has to close, send error report, so I did, and it said that they advise me to get firefox 1.5, which I did this morning, and now it doesn't say firefox has to close, but there are several other problems.

Such as you can see in the picture, the address bar and search function are distorted. There's a random tab in the address bar, and more importantly the scroll bar is missing on every single page, making it only possible to use with a mouse to scroll, and I'm on a laptop so it's a nuisance using the mouse when I have a touchpad.

I've tried unistalling and then re-installing it multiple times and still no better. What could the problem possibly be, and how can I fix it?

Could it be the fact that it's a different version and I just need the older one?
I hate IE and want my firefox back.

Attachment: image1.jpg
This has been downloaded 73 time(s).

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 07:32 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

1) Uninstall Firefox and delete the folder in Program Files.

2) Dont get that theme and make sure you havent installed a toolbar.

3) Do a virus scan and spyware scan.

4) Reboot your PC

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 07:58 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

You are brilliant.
The new version doesn't support the theme I had going. I reset it back to the original firefox theme and all is well once again.
Much appreciated.

And I'll have you know my laptop scans itself every night at 3 am for viruses and such so that's never a problem. happy

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 08:04 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Cool

Your welcome big grin

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 08:51 PM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Here's another question what could be the reason it keeps having to close?
It keeps doing it, mostly on sites such as myspace, but occasionally on others as well.
Even after the update it's still problematic.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:31 PM
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

not everything is Firefox compatible, some sites you need to use Internet Explorer.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:38 PM
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by El_NINO
not everything is Firefox compatible, some sites you need to use Internet Explorer.

MySpace lets you use Firefox though...

I had this same problem Irene, but only when I was using a BETA build of the browser. erm

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:40 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Originally posted by LanceWindu
MySpace lets you use Firefox though...

I had this same problem Irene, but only when I was using a BETA build of the browser. erm

I wouldnt know about myspace but some sites dont work with firefox thats all.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:43 PM
silver_tears

I've never had the problem before, it's mostly when browsing the music sections of myspace, it's very curious

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:46 PM
Hazardous

Originally posted by silver_tears
I'm having issues with my firefox browser.

It started yesterday, it kept saying firefox has to close, send error report, so I did, and it said that they advise me to get firefox 1.5, which I did this morning, and now it doesn't say firefox has to close, but there are several other problems.

Such as you can see in the picture, the address bar and search function are distorted. There's a random tab in the address bar, and more importantly the scroll bar is missing on every single page, making it only possible to use with a mouse to scroll, and I'm on a laptop so it's a nuisance using the mouse when I have a touchpad.

I've tried unistalling and then re-installing it multiple times and still no better. What could the problem possibly be, and how can I fix it?

Could it be the fact that it's a different version and I just need the older one?
I hate IE and want my firefox back.

laughing out loud You clicked 'send error report'

Here's another question what could be the reason it keeps having to close?
It keeps doing it, mostly on sites such as myspace, but occasionally on others as well.
Even after the update it's still problematic.

laughing out loud You browse myspace
I've never had the problem before, it's mostly when browsing the music sections of myspace, it's very curious

laughing out loud........wait that one wasnt even funny

Its God's way of telling you to stay away from myspace

Or....you fail at the internet

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 12:00 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Originally posted by Mišt
laughing out loud You clicked 'send error report'

laughing out loud You browse myspace

laughing out loud........wait that one wasnt even funny

Its God's way of telling you to stay away from myspace

Or....you fail at the internet

laughing out loud Mist..

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 03:12 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote