KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The Official Episode-I DVD Thread

The Official Episode-I DVD Thread
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Episode-I DVD: The Special Edition?

To paraphrase Palpatine, "This is an unexpected move for him." Scenes restored to the narrative, enhanced and extended scenes in the Episode-I DVD. It's the Original Trilogy Special Edition all over again. Will this be George Lucas's final and definitive vision of Star Wars Episode-I: The Phantom Menace?

We all knew that there would be 7 deleted scenes featured on the Episode-I DVD, but hot news today from The Official Star Wars Website and TheForce.Net tells us that some of those scenes have actually not just been added to the extras but are actually included in run of the film itself.

Now I REALLY can't wait for October 15th!!!!

(Full story at SWMovies.Net)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 08:36 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

No, there is said that there will be an archieval edition in 2006, that would maybe be the last edition

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 04:47 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I can't wait til I get the DVD when it comes out in the U.S.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 04:50 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
No, there is said that there will be an archieval edition in 2006, that would maybe be the last edition
That's pure theory by TF.N...

What was said was that affter Episode-III and a DVD release for that in 2006ish THEN they would go back and do the OT...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2001 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I'm a bit worried about the DVD now. The scenes were cut out for a reason. Probably to just reduce the length of the film but it's worried me a bit.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2001 06:59 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Got it Ratcat.

KJ, it's for making more money, probably for making ep II and III. But what I know about the DVD is that there are some scenes that I think would be a very good extension. Like the podrace-sequences. That was the only flaw in the trilogy, so I find it very good that there are some new features that will make the podrace better so I don't have to fastforward it.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2001 07:07 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

What is for making more money?

And the pod race doesn't need to be any longer.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2001 07:29 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Personally I think that the podrace sequence was too short. Especially the 2nd lap that they add on to with the extra footage.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2001 09:03 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good Lord, no, a longer pod race would cripple that film...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 15th, 2001 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Truthfully, I could of done with a shorter pod race roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2001 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Guess not everyone is thrilled with the podrace, I think they made new footage of this, so more people would like it

Old Post Sep 15th, 2001 09:50 PM
KJ
Sausages

It was fine the way it was.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2001 02:21 PM
yerssot

To be honest, it sucked! I hope that the new scenes will lift it up; let's hope and see

Old Post Sep 16th, 2001 03:31 PM
KJ
Sausages

Why did it suck?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 01:31 PM
yerssot

It doesn't do anything to the movie. They freed Annakin and they received the hyperdrive, ok.
But what was shown, QGJ said that podraces were very fast and very dangerous. From what I saw, even little boys can do that. The sequence was to short for being a major part of the movie, and for that I didn't liked it. It had importance to the movie, but it wasn't good, look at the fx for the drivers, certainly now with the new footage, they draw a figure and it was ok, they didn't think about it.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 03:12 PM
KJ
Sausages

It's one of the best and most complicated FX sequences ILM have ever done. I thought it looked great.
I don't like races in films because you normally know who is going to win but the pod race was something else.

Only two of the racers finished, which is pretty dangerous.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 04:50 PM
yerssot

If you read the database you'll know that there are more than 5 who finished.
I'm talking about the fx that involved the DRIVERS not the pods.
The drivers are really stupid made, and the fx doesn't change a thing

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 05:04 PM
KJ
Sausages

We only saw TWO racers finish.
The FX were amazing.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 05:18 PM
yerssot

I know you only saw that.
And I'm ALWAYS very sceptic about fx; and STILL I don't think that the fx are good.
Look at the faces, the colors, the rocks at that moment...
I for one, don't think it's that good.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 05:21 PM
KJ
Sausages

I find that amazing.

Yerrsot the rocks were REAL. They built a model track and the flew the camera through it.

TPM took a battering from the critics but I never heard any of them complain about the fx. If anything it was the fx that was being praised.

Last edited by KJ on Sep 17th, 2001 at 06:18 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2001 05:34 PM